The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #6 Secret Tory, who hates the BBC, easy to be Frugal when everything is free.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I did!

And despite my usually encyclopaedic knowledge of influencer trivia, I can’t remember where I learnt it. Maybe on the Mumsnet threads (which all appear to have disappeared) or maybe one of them mentioned it.

Clemmie is about 18 months older than Alex so they might not have been in the same year. But just looking at their names - Alexandra Stedman and Clementine Howard - makes me think it’s entirely possible they did attend the same school.
Alex’s year group are all about to start turning 40. I thought Clemnie was a bit younger? Slymon turned 40 but not her

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Off topic, Clementine is such a stupid name, even in the 90s. Sounds a lot like a stripper to me.

Always fond of the name Alexandra

• Haha
Alex’s year group are all about to start turning 40. I thought Clemnie was a bit younger? Slymon turned 40 but not her
According to Google 🤓 Clemmie’s birthday is 9 November 1984 and Alex’s is 26 April 1983.

I got that back to front, didn’t I? Alex is the slightly older of them. Clemmie looks like she’s pushing 50 these days so an easy mistake to make.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
According to Google 🤓 Clemmie’s birthday is 9 November 1984 and Alex’s is 26 April 1983.

I got that back to front, didn’t I? Alex is the slightly older of them. Clemmie looks like she’s pushing 50 these days so an easy mistake to make.
By the way.. do we still think Clementine is still on Tattler? 🫣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I don’t get that thing about the pricey matches. Why not just buy some supermarket matches and stick a nice picture from a magazine/flyer/photo on it?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The matches themselves are nice with the coloured tips and the new black ones are a bit different and appealing. Are they worth £10 though when they will, quite literally, go up in smoke? Absolutely not. They are frivolous and completely out of touch. Really embarrassing I think for Alex to be promoting atm.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
They’re just so overpriced. You can pick up nice boxes for about £3/4 (if that’s your thing) the price of her are eye watering, especially when you add all of the performative recycled packaging and postage on top

Reactions: 3
I can’t even tell she’s wearing fake tan … 😂 is that the point 🤪

• Haha
You'd think as a native Londoner she'd know that it's called Smithfield Market. What is it with influencers and apostrophes?

Based on today’s stories her staff are just as busy multitaskers as Alex. Why aren’t they using a tape dispenser if they have so much to package?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I actually am flabbergasted that she’s able to get her own income from her job as well as paying for her husband and 2 workers wages (unless shes using unpaid interns?) what the duck am I working my ass of for?! Ggggr

Reactions: 11
‘Spotted in M&S’ video is just a flagrant copy of Erica Davies content?! What’s even the point? I guess they both love encouraging non-stop shop shop shop unethical turbo consumerism in some of the absolute worst offenders for labour/pollutants/poor fabrics so at least there’s consistency there… (I do like Erica’s content tbf, so nicely put together, carefully researched and cutely designed Stories slides - yeah I call them slides because I’m 100yrs old! But she does love recommending/not acknowledging crappy materials and H&M&Co, as does Alex…)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I usually find Erica’s outfits completely terrible. Unsubscribed ages ago.

‘Spotted in M&S’ video is just a flagrant copy of Erica Davies content?! What’s even the point? I guess they both love encouraging non-stop shop shop shop unethical turbo consumerism in some of the absolute worst offenders for labour/pollutants/poor fabrics so at least there’s consistency there… (I do like Erica’s content tbf, so nicely put together, carefully researched and cutely designed Stories slides - yeah I call them slides because I’m 100yrs old! But she does love recommending/not acknowledging crappy materials and H&M&Co, as does Alex…)
The stuff she’s ‘spotted’ has been out for ages, I got those first trousers she shows back in summer, real groundbreaking content Alex. Can’t wait to see what she’s filming today as she got out early for filming…..early for Alex is 9:30 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.