The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #6 Secret Tory, who hates the BBC, easy to be Frugal when everything is free.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All those candles and naked flames with toddlers around stresses me out! I’m sure neither of her children were there when it was filmed … again highlights that she’s/he just at home all day 🫠 and her life is just one big lie - no one has that many candles out at one time dotted around their living room!

Reactions: 3
Her styling reel on the cardigan is ridiculous. She wears it with jeans in 4 of them. It’s a cardigan fgs. What content!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
How lucky we are to live in a time where Alex will tell us to wear a cardigan in the autumn FOR FREE. Just imagine the money she could make if she charged for this brand new information 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 16
How lucky we are to live in a time where Alex will tell us to wear a cardigan in the autumn FOR FREE. Just imagine the money she could make if she charged for this brand new information 🤦‍♀️
I know we are super lucky, never ever crossed my mind to wear it with jeans.
tomorrow everyone will complement me atthe office 👌🏼

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I know we are super lucky, never ever crossed my mind to wear it with jeans.
tomorrow everyone will complement me atthe office 👌🏼
But can you style it with something that you bought a whole 8 months ago?.. 😂 winter clothes are winter clothes..blows my mind why people would need to buy new every year.. I'm wearing jumpers every year that I have owned for 10 years and Alex thinks she's revolutionary for wearing something from 6 month ago.. 😂 so sustainable

• Haha
But can you style it with something that you bought a whole 8 months ago?.. 😂 winter clothes are winter clothes..blows my mind why people would need to buy new every year.. I'm wearing jumpers every year that I have owned for 10 years and Alex thinks she's revolutionary for wearing something from 6 month ago.. 😂 so sustainable
How do you manage that? Mine go all bobbly (is that a word?) in a year max.

I do find it really amusing when she feels like telling everyone she bought X ‘7 months ago’ 🤣 It’s like those mums who say their baby is 31 months old.

• Haha
Reactions: 6

I do find it really amusing when she feels like telling everyone she bought X ‘7 months ago’ 🤣 It’s like those mums who say their baby is 31 months old.
Make sure you’re not buying anything with acrylic in it. Those look horrible after few months regardless of how you wash them. Something with cotton thread or wool is much easier to keep looking fresh for years. If you’re petit, on a budget, and don’t mind simple neutral colours, have a look at Zara boys section. I have wonderful jumpers from there that I bought 4-5 years ago and look brand new. Highstreet boys/men sections tend to have less synthetic in their knitwear for some reason. I’m rocking the boys age 11-12years occasionally 13-14years fashion and have had multiple compliments on some of them! 😉

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Make sure you’re not buying anything with acrylic in it. Those look horrible after few months regardless of how you wash them. Something with cotton thread or wool is much easier to keep looking fresh for years. If you’re petit, on a budget, and don’t mind simple neutral colours, have a look at Zara boys section. I have wonderful jumpers from there that I bought 4-5 years ago and look brand new. Highstreet boys/men sections tend to have less synthetic in their knitwear for some reason. I’m rocking the boys age 11-12years occasionally 13-14years fashion and have had multiple compliments on some of them! 😉
I’m quite tall. And even Zara women’s doesn’t suit me with no allowance for boobs. I also wear cross body bags a lot which makes the the jumpers bobble even more. I tend to buy things I love and then wear them to death.

Reactions: 2
You can get a little magic razor/comb thing that removes the bobbles! I have loads from carrying my baby on my hip rubbing against my jumpers

Reactions: 3
I wear knitwear for a couple of years (I always wait for the sales to buy knits), then it gets demoted to wear to work . I’m currently wearing a whistles cardigan to work that 3 years ago I loved. Now I’ve gone off it. So fickle… 🫣

Well some of them are bobbly but I don't really care 😂

Shepherd’s pie with tinned baked beans?? 🤢 And knowing frugal Alex, they wouldn’t even be Heinz!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 4
Is she veggie? Why say she uses Quorn mince as if she’s superior to using real meat.. wtf.

Not eloquent, is she?

‘It’s basically a basic shepherd’s pie’
‘It sounds gross and a bit wrong but that’s the point’ doesn’t exactly sell the ‘recipe’, does it?

CHRIST

(We had a routine remortgage appointment booked for yesterday 🙃 so I’m feeling very sensitive about privileged influencers who can’t even string a sentence together making ££££)

Not eloquent, is she?

‘It’s basically a basic shepherd’s pie’
‘It sounds gross and a bit wrong but that’s the point’ doesn’t exactly sell the ‘recipe’, does it?

CHRIST

(We had a routine remortgage appointment booked for yesterday 🙃 so I’m feeling very sensitive about privileged influencers who can’t even string a sentence together making ££££)
I remember during the pandemic she mentioned that she was on a variable rate mortgage and I remember she was so smug about it because she benefited from the decreasing rate. She also super smug about the fact that she has applied for mortgage holiday. I wonder if she has switched to fix term mortgage?

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I remember during the pandemic she mentioned that she was on a variable rate mortgage and I remember she was so smug about it because she benefited from the decreasing rate. She also super smug about the fact that she has applied for mortgage holiday. I wonder if she has switched to fix term mortgage?
I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if her mortgage was only 5 figures, and if it’s bad news then her dad will just sort it out 🤷🏻‍♀️

It’s so funny these adult children are telling us what to spend our money on lol.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.