The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #10 No wonder she’s absolutely minted, she’s selling her freebies on Vinted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
IMG_7888.jpeg

cheap witch would prefer to spend money on stupid iron on patches than just buying new trousers for the kids. Make it make sense alex, that iron on patch is £3.50, you can get new leggings for £2 in primark

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
View attachment 2773203
cheap witch would prefer to spend money on stupid iron on patches than just buying new trousers for the kids. Make it make sense alex, that iron on patch is £3.50, you can get new leggings for £2 in primark
Ha! Screenshot this to post exactly the same- surely it's just time for a new pair of leggings? The cost really can't be much more than she spent on the patch and also, can't help but feel it's a little bit inappropriate putting that patch on that area on a child's item of clothing? It's shades of those awful 'hand print on the tits' tshirts that were popular 20 years ago!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
View attachment 2773203
Oh but she’s weaning herself off fast fashion, according to her latest feel. So no more H&M for her. Who wants to tell her that one of her faves, Cos, is also owned by H&M??

• Haha
Reactions: 12
View attachment 2773203
Surely, simply mending them would be cheaper, and it's more useful and frugal skill, than face painting

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Ha! Screenshot this to post exactly the same- surely it's just time for a new pair of leggings? The cost really can't be much more than she spent on the patch and also, can't help but feel it's a little bit inappropriate putting that patch on that area on a child's item of clothing? It's shades of those awful 'hand print on the tits' tshirts that were popular 20 years ago!
This is what I thought, is she suggesting her small daughter walks around with a smiling flower on her genitals?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
View attachment 2773203
It’s because she clads her kids in Mini Rodini and other bougie brands that cost a fortune instead of Tu/F&F/H&M like the rest of us plebs. She’d rather do a bodge repair of designer leggings than splash out £2 in Primark.

Reactions: 8
It’s because she clads her kids in Mini Rodini and other bougie brands that cost a fortune instead of Tu/F&F/H&M like the rest of us plebs. She’d rather do a bodge repair of designer leggings than splash out £2 in Primark.
Definitely hasn't paid for/bought these new though has she, just source another pair of second hand boujie brand leggings! No shade to second hand here btw, I am a big thrifter for myself and also my children, but it's definitely less upsetting when something second hand comes to the end of it's life and is time to just chuck out!

Either stitch the hole or accept that they are done. They're already quite washed out looking so clearly had lots of use.

What colour and size did you go for? I got the green and the navy both in mediums and the green was A LOT pre bigger than the navy one.
I got the green in small, which is the same as what Alex has but it looked way too big. Not oversized in a cool way as much as oversized in a little kid trying on her dad’s coat way!
---
Definitely hasn't paid for/bought these new though has she, just source another pair of second hand boujie brand leggings! No shade to second hand here btw, I am a big thrifter for myself and also my children, but it's definitely less upsetting when something second hand comes to the end of it's life and is time to just chuck out!
I’ve also found that after a certain age secondhand clothes in good condition, especially for boys, are trickier to find. The older they get, the harder on their clothes they are. So Alex might be in for a surprise if she thinks she’ll be able to resell Cato’s old clothes on Vinted for much longer!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Yep, wouldnr
View attachment 2773203
Yep, would think that patch is suitable at all - whether it’s on the front or back. I’m sure she has plenty of other leggings for the kids. Here’s a tip frugal tip Alex - cut those leggings up and make dusters or cloths out of the pieces.

this is so DUMB, you can't stick a butthole-shaped flower on your kids clothes, and iron-on patches aren't some magical solution - the adhesive will wear off after a few washes anyway and destroy the fabric underneath. Either darn them or move on.

The flower patch is just so weird. I can’t believe she hasn’t realised.
IMG_3457.jpeg

Next she’ll be getting a starfish patch for the other side.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I’ve been looking through Alex’s website and I have to say it’s pretty good. Her phone pre kids styling was great. I’m trying to find stuff she had on Vinted etc. does anyone know the description of her old Jigsaw coat?

I don’t mean this in a harsh way towards Alex as I’ve put on a lot of weight with age & kids but so used to look so good. It’s so much easier to look stylish when you’ve very thin.

Reactions: 5
Alex is still only about a size 12 so that is hardly overweight. But she insists on wearing clothes that don’t fit her well - there’s a fine line between oversized and way too big!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.