The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #10 No wonder she’s absolutely minted, she’s selling her freebies on Vinted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Because I’m slightly obsessed with ‘catching her out’ (in my head) over her lies about the constant shopping I’ve been on her ticktok again and she’s got ANOTHER new jumper!! Those Aligne ones are currently in Tkmaxx so that’s bloody new too! The irony (and LIES) and that she has posted it on the video about shopping less and more ‘considered’ purchases which we know is total crap!!!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
She must have a new one. Since we found her she stopped selling her gifted stuff.
Only kids stuff now
Those trousers won’t be that hard to find when they eventually show up under her new account. Though if she does flog them I assume she’ll at least wash them first!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Manchester trip was an ad/gifted/pr/whatever Alex has chosen to tag it as this time.

She did pay for food and trains
though (I wonder if all the trips were paid for as she very specifically says food/trains). The sooner HMRC come after them all for gifted stuff the better imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Just spotted a thread on Mumsnet about “ugly” clothes only working if you’re attractive and wondered if this post is referring to Her Frugal Majesty? Not sure I’d say Alex can get away with it though.

IMG_1360.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Just spotted a thread on Mumsnet about “ugly” clothes only working if you’re attractive and wondered if this post is referring to Her Frugal Majesty? Not sure I’d say Alex can get away with it though.

View attachment 2763471
There was a lot of this #discourse around Leandra Medine. And it’s an eternal topic re street style / blog content, are they actually stylish/fashionable/chic or are they just very slim (and white).

TW - body image/weight references. Not that I’d say Alex falls into this, if anything she’s evidence to how even slim/average sized women look dishevelled doing the whole man repeller/bag lady/maximalist eccentric schtick as it only ever works/is acceptable on the most emaciated of #fashun figures.

Reactions: 8
That thread on Mumsnet made me think of Alex too, but in the opposite sense - yeah she’s not fat or bad looking, but I don’t think she’s slim enough or pretty enough to pull it off at all. She is more mid size and doesn’t have the stereotypical long hair (though she is blonde and did fix her teeth). But she does often give off that bag lady vibe (not helped by carrying around many bags all the time), so I’d say no she doesn’t look stylish and can’t “get away with it” in the sense that that thread is talking about.

• Heart
There was a lot of this #discourse around Leandra Medine. And it’s an eternal topic re street style / blog content, are they actually stylish/fashionable/chic or are they just very slim (and white).

TW - body image/weight references. Not that I’d say Alex falls into this, if anything she’s evidence to how even slim/average sized women look dishevelled doing the whole man repeller/bag lady/maximalist eccentric schtick as it only ever works/is acceptable on the most emaciated of #fashun figures.
I 💯 agree with this. FWIW I always thought Leandra Medine looked terrible, but she's quite a funny writer to make up for it. I do understand where Alex is coming from when she says she doesn't want to constantly be considering what is flattering, but I also don't think she has a great philosophy about what to replace that with. I don't think there's anything wrong with working out which pair of straight leg jeans look and feel better on your body - hint, it's not the ones that give you fupa.

Reactions: 5
Alex: “just pack one cardigan for a trip, it will save you so much space!”
Also Alex: takes electric steamer and c bottle of Febreze.

• Haha
They'll dry her hair beautifully and it will be so flattering, and then she'll film a story complaining about how drying your hair is a splurge and not worth it, totally undermining the poor hairdresser.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.