Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

imtakingabath

VIP Member
I wonder why she hasn’t mentioned the scaffolding/any renovations when she goes on at length about painting the bin storage or the fence or laying tiles? Aren’t renovations one of her “things”?
Because it reveals the fact that they are actually very well off and don’t really need to be frugal at all, but she’s built so much of her social media presence around frugality that she won’t give it up.

Reactions: 16

MeWithTheHair

I keep rereading this but can’t make it make sense.

She’s gone there for a sneak peak.
Allowed in for exclusive access.
Shares photos enticing her followers to visit and buy.

But this is not part of her ‘working’ for TK Maxx.

It REALLY REALLY IS though, right?!
Man alive. To live in such blissful ignorance (or being knowingly deceptive?!)

Attachments

• Angry
  • Heart

influencerbore

VIP Member
IMG_7888.jpeg

cheap bitch would prefer to spend money on stupid iron on patches than just buying new trousers for the kids. Make it make sense alex, that iron on patch is £3.50, you can get new leggings for £2 in primark

• Wow
  • Haha

influencerbore

VIP Member
I keep rereading this but can’t make it make sense.

She’s gone there for a sneak peak.
Allowed in for exclusive access.
Shares photos enticing her followers to visit and buy.

But this is not part of her ‘working’ for TK Maxx.

It REALLY REALLY IS though, right?!
Man alive. To live in such blissful ignorance (or being knowingly deceptive?!)
She’s such a liar! If she wasn’t working with them then she wouldn’t be invited in! They don’t just let anyone go in the day before the shop opens to promote it! What a twat she is

Reactions: 15

BlairWaldorf86

VIP Member
Don’t forget to save water in a spotty jar for your plants. You’ll decimate your water bill, certainly enough to pay for return flights to California 👌
But do make sure it’s a splatterware piece, won’t work if you just use an old bottle or vase 👍🏻

• Haha

gollygally

Do we think our frugal queen went on a ski holiday?
Love how she slowed down in early dec and still is not back! Working 100 mph as always

• Haha
  • Wow

CausticYoda

I’ve been wearing glasses for forty years now, starting with proper Deirdre Barlow’s aged 9, rejoiced at getting contacts aged 14, now wear both 50/50. Contacts are my preference for comfort and because I swim a lot and have a -8.5 prescription (hella blind).

Apart by from when I was a teenager I have never felt ashamed or awkward about my glasses. Inconvenienced maybe, but not ashamed.

Well done to Alex for inventing an issue, canny indeed.

• Heart

gollygally

She needs hobbies (Pilates?) or to volunteer doing something to give her life a bit more purpose, roaming around shopping centres endlessly is such a waste of her privilege!
She does paint bits of her house incessantly to then change her mind again and repaint.

Her frugal January:
Coat
Cos trousers
Wallpaper that cost £75sm
Sofa upholstered
Brighton trip

oh but they did eat Mac and cheese for a forthnight to be able to afford the lifestyle

• Haha
But do make sure it’s a splatterware piece, won’t work if you just use an old bottle or vase 👍🏻
Yes - reused/repurposed won’t do, it’s not chic, you need to ensure there’s absolutely no way your reduction in water usage could ever offset the environmental impact of the item being created.

• Haha

Sarah123456789

Chatty Member
She’s got another new skirt!!!!!!
---
Ps - I don’t mind the constant shopping - each to their own - it’s ott but it’s not my money so 🤷‍♀️ BUT I cant stand the lies over it. Just own it. You like buying new clothes, cool cool. But stop being such a self righteous twat over pretending you don’t!!

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
Lol, fancy apologising for adding an Amazon aff link. If you really felt bad about it Alex, you could, hmmm I don't know, just add a normal, non-aff link? What an arsehole.
---

Ok it's not quite an apology, but making out she'd link to another stockist if she could find it. Because of how evil Amazon is?! But happy to do it as an aff link.
It’s just more performative “moral-ness.” Amazon = bad but Tiger is fine

• Heart

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
How can anyone praise her in the comments on her post for putting together those ‘outfits’, there is nothing stylish/fashionable/edgy/chic/wearable about any of them, there are a mish mash of clothes and very few would actually go out their front door dressed like that.

All this crap about finding five ways to wear that skirt - she hasn‘t even managed to find one way that looks in any way good. Her forte for styling has sadly gone.
---
In one of the comments, someone has said it’s a beachy skirt that belongs in the summer holiday wardrobe - her reply was that, that’s the point we need to think about making our outfits last longer and not for the beach, for evening, etc.

Why do we need to though, what’s wrong with having hot weather clothes that we wear during hot weather, or heavy clothing that is suited to winter only. If we wear them for several seasons of summer or winter, does it matter. What’s wrong with having a pair of trousers that we only have one or two tops we wear with them, as long as they are regularly worn.
She’s a hypocrite too as she’s done posts in the past about sorting through her summer/winter wardrobes and having bags and bags of clothes in the loft ready for winter 🙄

winkler

I wonder if Alex was ever that stylish only young, thin and blonde - and loved taking photos of herself!
Definitely this, plus working at a magazine = constantly surrounded by people and images to imitate.

Edited to add:
I went off a lot of my original favourite influencers when they started doing stories and reels where they are droning on. When Instagram was mainly just a photo I picked up quick ideas (almost always skipped reading the captions) but now, through their videos, they expose themselves as pretty dull and uninformed or the reels are just gimmicky and unfunny.

• Heart