The Frugality #4 I spy with my little eye a secret second storey reaching up to the sky.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used one of those grout pens to tidy up some cracked grout in my bathroom.

It looks tit because she didn’t use a grout finisher tool (about £1) to give it a nice neat shape and a grout sponge (another £1). I am the LEAST handy person but even I can YouTube that.

Reactions: 9
The idea of only truly caring for items with a higher price tag completely goes against her frugal or sustainable angle. I am not willing to ruin even a £5 t-shirt I got 10 years ago from H&M just to experiment. Is she really willing to sacrifice a Whistles jumper?

Tell me more! Never heard of this.
Top cash back is good too, I bought my fridge/freezer and sofa via that website and got £270

And she’s ruined those tiles! They looked lovely and clean and classy before now they look like Peggy’s been at them with a sharpie

Reactions: 9
I usually don’t mind her content that much but that grouting looks awful. Hopefully it looks better irl otherwise she’ll be redoing the tiling soon.
It highlights how uneven the tiling is as well.

Reactions: 6
There’s a reason there’s no close up of the grout after she coloured it in 😬 why would you ruin your TILING for the gram? But hey, content’s content!

Reactions: 11
Looks like Peggy just free hand it. It is tit sorry

View attachment 1081257
Personally, I would never have done light coloured grouting in the kitchen in the first place - all kinds of splashing etc would ruin it immediately and it’s even more visible with white tiles. Given how porous the tiles are, they probably absorb the stains too but then forward planning and practicality doesn’t seem to be our girl’s strong suit when it comes to her home. 🙃

Good lord that grouting looks absolutely dreadful. I’d be embarrassed to post that. Did she do it in the dark or something? Surely she’ll be mortified when she sees it in the cold light of day.

Reactions: 5
The tiles are lovely but not suited to a kitchen. They are textured so don’t need dark grouting to look good, the beauty of them was the wobbliness of the tile. She’s totally fucked it by using what looks like a sharpie to colour them in. Style over practicality. You’d think she’d learn.

• Heart
The grouting does not improve on a second or a third watch of that reel. And it looks as if it is going to seep into the tiles and get even worse over time.

What on earth was she thinking?? She already knew the tiles were porous. They just looked SO much better before!

She needs another bloody eye test if she seriously thinks that’s an improvement!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
This is one of those cases where paying a professional for advice pays off, either that or you have to do a whole lot of research. A tiler would have told them from the outset that dark grout would look daft with these tiles.

It’s beyond stupid to attempt this with the type of tiles she has. They’re textured and supposed to look a bit uneven, something that doesn’t lend itself to a cheap grout pen.

I would be mortified if I’d done this to my kitchen. The last thing I’d be doing is posting it online for the world to see.

There’s a reason there’s no close up of the grout after she coloured it in 😬 why would you ruin your TILING for the gram? But hey, content’s content!
Hi, Alex! Thank you for the close up. Don’t ruin your house for content. It’s not worth it.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It actually looks better in the closeup but I think that’s because you’ve got the nice tiles offsetting the tacky dark grout. From far away / in its totality it just looks awful.

It’s like something out of that DIY on a budget Facebook group next up she’ll be Fabloning the work surfaces and painting the units in French chic 😭

Reactions: 7
Yep, thanks for the close up. Still looks shite. What are the odds that ‘how we replaced our kitchen wall tiles’ will be the main content on her insta/blog in 6 months time?

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.