The Frugality #4 I spy with my little eye a secret second storey reaching up to the sky.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t feel sorry for her but I agree the pressure to constantly be producing interesting content must be horrible. It must be so difficult to keep parts of your life private. For me, the thousands of pounds earned for a single post is not worth it. You sacrifice your privacy, your children’s privacy and probably your mental health.
Agree completely. It is greed at the end of the day but also a function of how poorly paid a lot of skilled jobs are, what’s the point in her working in magland like someone else suggested when you can upload some baby pics and earn what you did in a month in a day?

Influencer culture is so weird it seeps down to normal humans, in the small group of mums I know you’ve got aspiring grabbies posting cringe comments thanking brands for tit they ordered, making homemare accounts for their tit extensions and over sharing about their kids’ lives. Our kids’ generation will have a huge divide between those whose parents did the reading & respected their privacy and didn’t leave them with a digital footprint before they could so much as read versus those that either needed the validation or monetisation and put bath pics etc up. It’s really sad tbh. This isn’t just about AS but I feel like her thread ends up in these convos cos she is a both a perpetuator and occasional victim of the illness that is #influencing???

Reactions: 10
Bad shoe alert (and I like loafers).

B11C3ABE-A444-4935-8437-C7399945698A.jpeg

Also did anyone see Emily Valentine showing how affiliate links work and how much she makes. The openness is refreshing. (fyi Emily has 47k followers).

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Bad shoe alert (and I like loafers).

View attachment 1079520

Also did anyone see Emily Valentine showing how affiliate links work and how much she makes. The openness is refreshing. (fyi Emily has 47k followers).
Wow that’s super interesting. I tend to not click on affiliate links but will think more about the 30 day cookie thing, had no idea that existed!! Agree it’s soo good to see honest here. Influencers make a killing from us and we see no details about it.

Reactions: 8
Fair play to Emily explaining affiliates clearly, but I feel ‘Creator’ is gilding the lily.

Emily and Alex, plus all the rest of them, should own that they are Advertisers.

Reactions: 10
Fair play to Emily explaining affiliates clearly, but I feel ‘Creator’ is gilding the lily.

Emily and Alex, plus all the rest of them, should own that they are Advertisers.
Exactly they create adverts. They don’t create anything without the intention of a sale

Reactions: 11
She is a potato crusader now. Is there anything she doesn’t fight? Glasses and potato.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Is that true - that you can put dry clean stuff in the hand wash setting on your machine??
Well you can but I’m not sure what the outcome would be
Hand wash only on the hand wash setting….dry clean, the clue’s in the name…although some stuff is labelled dry clean only as a cop out from the brands (Zara I’m looking at you) basically knowing their stuff will shrink/loose it’s shape when you wash it so they label it dry clean only so when people take it back because it’s ruined in the machine they don’t have to give refunds….if you’re not that bothered about what happens to it then stick it in…not sure I’d be putting anything on value in though or any delicate materials that might snag🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 7
Depends on what it is, I wouldn’t attempt a wool blazer/jacket/coat, anything lined, anything that might shrink, etc.

I think she washed mostly woollen jumpers yesterday which were probably labelled hand wash rather than dry clean - I think one of the jumpers was a navy Whistles one with cream neck-tie - I have the same and have always hand washed and put in the machine for a rinse and gentle spin - I never read the care label but I doubt it’s dry clean.

She will have followers all over the place destroying clothes because she’s confused hand-wash with dry-clean.

Reactions: 6
I really don't understand why anyone uses a creators affiliate links when there's sites like Quidco that allow the user to take the cash back - basically very similar to affiliate links.

You're literally throwing money away. I use Quidco and have nearly £600 in my confirmed pot why would I give that to a creator like Alex?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
The idea of only truly caring for items with a higher price tag completely goes against her frugal or sustainable angle. I am not willing to ruin even a £5 t-shirt I got 10 years ago from H&M just to experiment. Is she really willing to sacrifice a Whistles jumper?

I really don't understand why anyone uses a creators affiliate links when there's sites like Quidco that allow the user to take the cash back - basically very similar to affiliate links.

You're literally throwing money away. I use Quidco and have nearly £600 in my confirmed pot why would I give that to a creator like Alex?
Tell me more! Never heard of this.

Reactions: 4
Is that true - that you can put dry clean stuff in the hand wash setting on your machine??
Absolutely true - been doing it for years and at the risk of offending people on here I’m astounded people don’t know this! 😬😂

ETA: Obviously not coats or tailoring but as said above, retailers often put dry clean label in to cover themselves because the quality isn’t great. I would only take coats or jackets to a dry cleaners. I have a lot of cashmere, knitwear, silk and I always stick it in the machine on the hand wash setting.

Reactions: 4
Oh noooo it looks horrible 😰 she may as well have just slapped up cheap metro tiles if she was going to do the naff grey grouting thing of yesteryear

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.