The Frugality #4 I spy with my little eye a secret second storey reaching up to the sky.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The new TikTok account is called 'Alex Steadman Home' - I wonder if all this delightful 'content' is a run-up to her switching to a Home/Reno focus and dropping the frugality angle all together?

Reactions: 5
The new TikTok account is called 'Alex Steadman Home' - I wonder if all this delightful 'content' is a run-up to her switching to a Home/Reno focus and dropping the frugality angle all together?
Tbf home content works better there than the long form blog stuff she does for the “budgeting” side of things. She could do fashion but it’s a vvv crowded space, at least with interiors she has the benefit of a huge Victorian house to make use of so it’s instantly a one up on other creators?

Reactions: 2
She is moaning that men on TT hates grey grout. Nothing to do with gender, just tit taste

Reactions: 2
Hated the grey grout before I realised it’s now stained her unsealed tiles?! Wtaf, the balance for those tiles is still sat on her credit card and she needs to rip them off and start again, I’d be devastated.

Reactions: 6
And she knew there was already a problem with those tiles. They sealed them after learning the hard way when they were first put on, now it seems they weren’t sealed properly? What a shock to precisely no one.

It is bonkers to come up with these unnecessary projects around the house (which then need fixing) when so much other stuff needs doing. Is she avoiding having to go to the office she’s just rented? Make it make sense

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
What would be an angle for Alex (and we all know she needs one) would be to learn to do some handyman work. She could do some weekend courses on plastering etc and show what she’s doing around the house. She’s got a family business in the trade, she could really make something of it.

It would be a lot less cringy than cluttering up her house with more cheap artwork, baskets and candles and ruining the perfectly good renovations she’s already done.

Transport stationery. I just can’t with her.

Put your laptop in your bag with a notebook and a pen
Everything she does is so convoluted

• Haha
The grout pen is so awful. They're lovely textured tiles but she's ruined the look of her splashback.

Reactions: 7
What would be an angle for Alex (and we all know she needs one) would be to learn to do some handyman work. She could do some weekend courses on plastering etc and show what she’s doing around the house. She’s got a family business in the trade, she could really make something of it.

It would be a lot less cringy than cluttering up her house with more cheap artwork, baskets and candles and ruining the perfectly good renovations she’s already done.
Can you imagine how long that would take her! Took her 2 years to paint a staircase 🤪

• Haha
Where does she say it’s stained them?
You can see where it’s starting to seep in to the tiles, that can happen on this type of tile. It starts off going almost veiny if that makes sense.

Which was why I’d said if she’d paid a professional or done some proper research then she’d have known dark grout would cause this. She’s honestly on another planet 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 3
She just can't leave well alone can she? Always fiddling and faffing.

And as for double whammy of the "we've rented an office space" (errrrr, what is the office in your actual house used for then if not as an, ummm, OFFICE!) "but we can't be bothered to go there" (how very frugal!) They have NO logic whatsoever.

So pleased she is having a day off. Poor thing must be exhausted from colouring in her kitchen tiles, photographing potatoes and searching the web for glass-wearers. What a job!! 🤯

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.