Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Spiesandliea

VIP Member
I’m all for charity shops, recycling and libraries etc. but Jesus Christ you cheap bastards, buy your daughter something new for her birthday

Reactions: 12

uberoblique

Chatty Member
Given her commitment to buying low value crap she doesn’t need, I’m sure she could have popped into TK Maxx in Wood Green for king sized sheets.

Over the past few weeks she’s been to IKEA to buy crap “because they’re closing”, clothes from COS, paid for someone to tile the side return, bought a load of plants and gardening bits, bought some not particularly needed second hand stuff from that virtue signalling place for the kids, plus the ubiquitous photo frames and candles. I’m calling bollocks she couldn’t scrape together £100 or so since Christmas for sheets.

Dizzy

VIP Member
Not for the first time when I comes to Alex, I am utterly baffled. Both her and Chris are at home full time, yeah? The kids go to nursery full time, yeah? She produces the most dull, easy content imaginable - hell to the yeah! So WTAF is she working until midnight every night?! I 👏🏻 just 👏🏻 don’t 👏🏻 get 👏🏻 it!

Personally don’t think she’s pleading poverty but that may just be because I’m used to reading about the ultimate poverty pleading scam artist Jack Monroe - but her proposition is so confused/unclear that it lends itself to many interpretations, including this. Like whilst she doesn’t feel like the biggest grifter on Insta, I couldn’t tell you the point of this content other than possibly tips for rich girls that didn’t marry as well as their peers? 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
She lives such a privileged lifestyle doesn't she but she seems quite lost? Big London home, children in daycare with neither of them having to balance working hours with childcare, separate office space that she hardly seems to use. Her days seem to be filled with shopping and trying on outfits that just don't look particularly stylish.
I'm surprised she has such a large following still as not many people can identify with that lifestyle.

Thank you so much! I really hope no
one would be that nasty though … This is after all an appeal for a humanitarian aid fundraiser.
Sadly I don’t think they care, I know this is Alex’s thread so sorry to derail (and in fairness she doesn’t come across as actively nasty at all so this isn’t saying *she* would do any of this!) but there’s been some really nasty shenanigans on other threads. Jack Monroe sent a legal letter to an ex school friend who spilt the most inconsequential tea going, Sali Hughes had the sex offender/actual p*do husband of her mate India Knight threatening to go round and punch people, Clemmie Hooper used to go through people’s Facebooks liking pics of their kids, they’re all unhinged sociopaths I think it’s why they’re okay selling shit to largely vulnerable women xx

I kind of feel sorry for her as she evidently lacks content and ends up posting the most mundane details from her rather dull day to day life.

She must feel under intense pressure to post content - any content - as this is the route herself and her partner have gone down to earn a living. The requirement for instagrammers of her ilk seems to be a regular and constant churning out of content.

I expect she probably *thinks* she avoids over sharing and is keeping some elements of family life private. However there is a cumulative effect to this continual drip drip drip of everyday details/happenings/thoughts/opinions.

Before she knows it 250k+ strangers are privy to pretty much all of the goings on in her life and familiar with every single corner of her home (oh - apart from the secret extension!).
Don't feel sorry for this lazy ass bitch!

she earns thousands for each IG story/shit grid post plus income from all her affiliate links she doesn't properly disclose.

she could've easily continued her magazine work and churn out this shit content but she's too privileged & didn't want to work hard.

it's a joke brands pay for her half assed 'content' I mean I'd question the true engagement anyway it's all instahags blowing smoke up each other's asses in the comments.

Reactions: 11

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
She deserves all the derision that comes her way .

I don’t expect or want vacuous influencers to pretend to care about Ukraine but show some respect!

Stupid twat.

snarksnark

Chatty Member
The story today with Chris stocking up on freebie snacks in some office after a meeting - cringe!!
I’m not surprised by that. It’s the same level as having boxes and boxes of mini toiletries she’s picked from hotels (which she has said they do) and I bet they are the sort to make up a sandwich for lunch from the hotel breakfast.

pandysbox

Fair play to Emily explaining affiliates clearly, but I feel ‘Creator’ is gilding the lily.

Emily and Alex, plus all the rest of them, should own that they are Advertisers.
Exactly they create adverts. They don’t create anything without the intention of a sale

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
And she knew there was already a problem with those tiles. They sealed them after learning the hard way when they were first put on, now it seems they weren’t sealed properly? What a shock to precisely no one.

It is bonkers to come up with these unnecessary projects around the house (which then need fixing) when so much other stuff needs doing. Is she avoiding having to go to the office she’s just rented? Make it make sense

Attachments

Last edited:

Author123

Chatty Member
Trying so hard to justify the tile saga :ROFLMAO: I can't see how they saved 'so much' money by laying the tiles themselves - it looks like it would have been a day or 2s labour being done by someone who's actually trained and skilled in it and they would have had months of use from it already. False economy imo, all that time Chris spent on it could have been spent doing something more useful (like decluttering/tidying their house...)
Agreed, definitely a false economy. Two adults taking 2 weeks off to ‘sort it’ (which then didn’t)?! Have they heard of the saying ‘time is money’? The cost of getting a trade person in to do the whole lot would probably have been less than the cost of lost earnings from two full time freelancers over 2 weeks. And they would have had it finished in summer to actually be able to enjoy it during good weather.

• Heart
Not sure if I’ve remembered correctly but when she was begging asking for donations to buy her & Chris coffees, the justification was that she provides all of this shit valuable content for free?? As if she was owed this by anyone who follows her!
No mention of the £££ she gets for ads, affiliates etc (enough to pay herself & Chris a wage)
Correct! It was a massive rant about providing content for free while telling her audience that she uses multiple emails to access Now TV/Sky etc for free trials so she doesn't have to pay for content! The hypocrisy was next level.

• Heart
I unfollowed ages ago but dipped back in today. WTAF is her obsession with gifting candles? And not even nice smelly ones! And please stop being so sanctimonious about meal planning when you are eating like a 3 year old for most of your meals!

Ok, rant over. That’ll teach me for thinking ‘I wonder what Alex is up to these days?’

uberoblique

Chatty Member
What would be an angle for Alex (and we all know she needs one) would be to learn to do some handyman work. She could do some weekend courses on plastering etc and show what she’s doing around the house. She’s got a family business in the trade, she could really make something of it.

It would be a lot less cringy than cluttering up her house with more cheap artwork, baskets and candles and ruining the perfectly good renovations she’s already done.