Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mustard

VIP Member
I had a regular (not non stick) Le Creuset, given as a present and it drove me nuts. It was very heavy and stuff kept sticking on the bottom and it became discoloured. I flogged it on Gumtree.

Reactions: 2

EllsBellsWells

Chatty Member
Here’s an interesting one: a legal director/commercial lawyer who didn’t properly disclose a holiday in the Bahamas as marketing content. 😑

View attachment 998139

Post after post advertising and tagging the resort on her grid and only the last photo marked ‘PR stay’. Same deal with all her clothing, shoes and bag advertising: the cringeworthy ‘PR Product’.

View attachment 998148
She does this a lot and is playing a VERY risky game given her career and the fact she works at Deloitte.

Readinginks

VIP Member
Her one gift rule is nonsense. Her house is full of toys, whether they are bought new/used by herself, gifted from family, gifted from brands, etc. They have so much.

Most family only every buy one gift per niece/grandchild anyway, it’s hardly something earth shattering. She buys a Christmas gift for her children from herself, one from Santa and then stocking gifts - so she’s buying two main presents and then smaller items and then there’s family gifts. Just like what millions of other families do.

That article for Goodtogo is shockingly badly written …. Ever since becoming a mum I’ve experienced that chaotic first Christmas, where every family member goes crazy …. That sentence doesn’t even make sense.
I was thinking the same. I even thought that maybe she meant one present bought collectively by the whole family, but then it became clear that’s not what she meant. Is it otherwise usual to give more than one present?

Bleurghgram

VIP Member
For the extension truthers, she mentions planning it on an old post about decorating the spare bedroom…

69F7753F-D641-49D0-9D83-E042A130B1D8.png

Reactions: 1

Fofoca

Chatty Member
She makes such a big deal out of nothing, we’ve got wooden floors throughout the house we just have normal rugs which we Hoover each day and we have e dogs and kids to mess them up! It’s not that hard! Just give them a shampoo every couple of months
if there’s a post begging for a new hoover and carpet shampoo I’m blaming you!!! Will also need to beg for someone to do the actual cleaning too.

• Haha

mindlessness

VIP Member
Had not followed Alexandra for ages and ages but her reel styling her hair came up in my explore page and omg those glasses. Why?!??

Mustard

VIP Member
Each story should be clearly marked as marketing content. In captions it must be marked at the beginning of the text.

I follow a number of smaller lifestyle/interior design accounts and their disclosure is sloppy, but the larger, well established accounts such Alex’s are hardly setting a sterling example.
Can they run a paid partnership with so and so company at the top under their name, above the photo, instead of in front of the text where I believe they should be putting Ad. Someone is doing this and it’s bugging me. It’s also not static but it moves so it’s not very obvious. This person is a TV veterinarian.

AutumnDays

Chatty Member
She has the most skewed view of saving money. Going for a nice brunch with a friend is a “treat” and viewed as so luxurious and unusual. But going on ANOTHER shopping spree today is totally fine and normal. She shops more than anyone I know!
But, she was buying ‘useful’ gifts!