Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Now What

Chatty Member
Look at her face when she's whispering about having canapés. They couldn't have them earlier because they were busy working. Just as they were about to have them, Cato was sick everywhere. She genuinely looked like she was about to cry when she said it was not meant to be. At least it all worked out in the end. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2

raaraat

I just don’t understand how they can’t spring for a bag of lettuce or mixed leaf. Or even a tomato. These white sandwiches (which I do like sometimes) are so basic

Cucumberthunder

VIP Member
They already had a third bedroom - they just made it a bit longer.

I found myself wondering the other day how they managed to buy their house. I thought I remembered reading that it didn't have a working kitchen or bathroom. You can't mortgage a house like that, right? Usually banks get nervous lending money on a house that isn't actually liveable. I just went and looked on her blog and what she said (a year later) was this:
"Yes we lived in it from day 1, not really because it was actually liveable (we had no heating, gas pipes, or a working kitchen) but because we didn’t have a choice…all our money went on the mortgage."
How did 2 people without steady jobs get a mortgage on a house with no heating, gas or kitchen? I actually think they were probably loaned the entire amount they needed by (her?) family, and then took out a mortgage later for what they could borrow on their "incomes", once they had sorted the heating and kitchen. Must be nice eh?

The retainer thing, I have no words. It speaks volumes that she wrote "couldn't be bothered" before "couldn't afford it". Talk about weird priorities.
I think technically all it needs is a sink to be classed as a habitable kitchen. But agree that the house is beyond their income. We almost bought a "fixer upper" but it would've been about 70k cheaper than the house we bought to make it worth it. Don't really see the point in maxing the budget on a house unfit for loving in, unless you have the skills to do it up yourself. Goes double if you have kids!

Dizzy

VIP Member
Certainly not a ‘chic’ look that bag, it looks ridiculous, she needs to put something into it so it doesn’t have that squashed look - she’s not using her styling skills here.
Such a rookie error not to fill the bag - how could she not have noticed!

I’m glad she’s addressed the ‘old’ comments but agree that just saying where the items from and the approximate year is the best approach.

Hang on they're not just pain Converse, they're Comme Des Garçon Converse that cost £130!!! Not exactly frugal!

Has anyone reported her to ASA? As that is very much a Beauty Pie Ad without proper declaration. I suspect that discount gets her extra commission, very sneaky.

The new TikTok account is called 'Alex Steadman Home' - I wonder if all this delightful 'content' is a run-up to her switching to a Home/Reno focus and dropping the frugality angle all together?
Tbf home content works better there than the long form blog stuff she does for the “budgeting” side of things. She could do fashion but it’s a vvv crowded space, at least with interiors she has the benefit of a huge Victorian house to make use of so it’s instantly a one up on other creators?

Dustye

That #gifted coat is not good on her and she knows it. Must be weird to be surrounded by expensive things you know look awful on you and a bunch of stuff you are just not that bothered about but accepted because you are allergic to spending your own money.
I actually really like this coat but I have no taste so 🤷😅

• Haha

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
Aldi also do great cast iron Le Crueset copies (although it looks like they only have the smaller size in stock atm). I’ve only used mine a handful of times so can’t comment yet on longevity but happy so far.

And for cast aluminium, the Masterclass brand on Amazon is good. Ive had my masterclass pot for a few years now and use it all the time for baking bread etc. Under £30.

Potsnpans

Both the £2 and £40 flower will be handmade though - the £2 flower will just be made by a woman in a developing country getting paid pennies per unit versus a regional sales manager’s wife making them for £40 a pop.

Why is she so willfully ignorant at the human (and environmental!) cost of her hyper consumption, especially of cheap shit?
I think she believes compared to her peers she isn’t spending that much. They are able to buy luxury goods on the regular so a little bit here and there in tiger tiger doesn’t seem a problem but it all adds up and is still a laugh in the face at a supposed frugal lifestyle she preaches about.