The Frugality #4 I spy with my little eye a secret second storey reaching up to the sky.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has she just got really bad grey roots or really bad highlights in that hair tonging vid? I can’t work it out!

Reactions: 1
‘Chris had the chips and houmous.’ Good meal 😳
So Maray is a small plates/mezze kind of place. I’m local and, to be fair, I suppose these stories influenced me to remember it’s existence and maybe next time I go into the city centre I’ll go for lunch. So I look at the website and see that they have a vegan offer in January - 50% off.

I’m boring myself trying to type this but basically it looks like they spent £7.50 on food for lunch. How cheap frugal. Just go to bleeping Greggs, Alex. No restaurant will thank you for taking up two covers just to order one lunch to share.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Has she just got really bad grey roots or really bad highlights in that hair tonging vid? I can’t work it out!
If doesn’t help that it’s dirty/greasy making the colour look worse. ‘When in doubt, wash your hair’, Alex.

If doesn’t help that it’s dirty/greasy making the colour look worse. ‘When in doubt, wash your hair’, Alex.
Both of them are soap dodgers. Chris’s hair always looks wet with grease 😷

And I really wish she’d get her sinuses sorted.

Reactions: 8
I think she said a while back she was embracing the grey roots and how you can’t see them with dry shampoo and some of that root cover up. I beg to differ!

• Haha
I think the unwashed/unkept/rolled straight outta bed look is part of the charade to appear poorer than they are!

I know some of you still rate her for styling but she just looks like a dirty flump.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Is Chris one of those weirdos who is seriously picky and hates vegetables? Might explain why their meals are so carb heavy and beige. Who orders chips and hummus for lunch at a restaurant..
Sounds like it. Chips and hummus is a seriously bland lunch.

Reactions: 3
Never posted before but prompted by annoyance at her skin and me post! Are all of the make up free pictures before? What is the point of an after photo while wearing make up. What a waste of time!

Reactions: 6
I’m hesitant generally to comment on people’s appearance but in her Beautypie story today her skin and/or makeup is really not aspirational.

You can see the redness and uneven texture through her makeup and the overall effect is pretty strange. Definitely not a good recommendation for either Caudalie or Beauty Pie.

Reactions: 5
I’m hesitant generally to comment on people’s appearance but in her Beautypie story today her skin and/or makeup is really not aspirational.

You can see the redness and uneven texture through her makeup and the overall effect is pretty strange. Definitely not a good recommendation for either Caudalie or Beauty Pie.
And that’s before even discussing the fact that IT IS AN AD. It’s not a casual “I work with them and hey I’ve got your best interests at heart so here’s a discount just from me mwah x” it’s a goddamn ad.

(But yeah, not a great one…!)

As for the story about the trainers. Nice, whatever, enjoy having new things (as you do on an almost daily basis) but white canvas sneakers in the middle of winter is whatever the true opposite of frugal/sensible is, PLUS am still laughing at the cheek of the “saved and waited for ages” lie because she just bought (and flogged via affiliate links on her site) a new pair of new balance trainers in November. I guess that files them under “old” by the way she labels her rotated less-new items tho. Sigh.

Reactions: 12

Definitely not aspirational. Her skin looks like she had a poor diet and lifestyle, very congested and puffy.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.