The Frugality #4 I spy with my little eye a secret second storey reaching up to the sky.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I also despair a bit at these events. I wish they’d just put the money back into the charity rather then entertaining a bunch of privileged influencers who’ll never need their services. We have one local to us and I’ve donated a fair few bits to them, however I may have to rethink that if this is their strategy, dolling out freebies to these dossers who can’t even be arsed to explain what the charity is about and just want a free feed 🙄
Yeah it’s definitely uncomfortable optically to have a load of white MC women hosted at a lovely brunch to discuss the charitable aid given to poor women struggling? It felt like a relic in its 2017/8 mama peak but particularly now post pandemic it’s even more vom worthy.

Reactions: 19
Yeah it’s definitely uncomfortable optically to have a load of white MC women hosted at a lovely brunch to discuss the charitable aid given to poor women struggling? It felt like a relic in its 2017/8 mama peak but particularly now post pandemic it’s even more vom worthy.
Event hosted in Belgravia, no less 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 9
They do great work, but most of the women who appear on their insta feed are going for jobs in B&M or Asda and the like, trying to get back into some sort of work or never having had a job before. I very much doubt many of them follow a single person that was sat round that table nor could ever aspire to be like them, not probably want to be. I agree it would have been more inspiring to invite some of the success stories from the project. If I wasn’t already aware of them I wouldn’t have a clue what they did based on the posts from most of those that were there…so that’s been a roaring success then…but they’ve all got a new blusher so that’s nice

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Gosh I agree with everyone de her Bobbi brown grab and go day, she didn’t even discuss the charity work. And also agree that Erica Davies is good a presenting a very balanced feed, So much better at homewares than the hoarding slow tilers from north London.

guffawing at her presenting her picnic table like it’s a centrepiece for the house. She picks such weird inappropriate things. They must never ever have people in for the beige food

I did click the link (yes I’ll be clearing my cookies) and it is an extending table than can seat up to 6, so it is a proper dining table. Albeit a fairly basic, compact one. As has been pointed out before on here, it’s a shame she had to wait for a freebie before they put a dining table in, though.

Reactions: 4
If you have the option, why not chose a dining table and space for it, where you can all eat round it as a family? Seems to be squashed in to the side for no real reason.

Reactions: 4
D37B2724-8F6D-415B-AEA4-EA84290D897E.jpeg

🤮🤮 I’m a bit of a fatty who can happily eat some crap but this is vile! Eat some bloody vegetables or at least use whole grain bread!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
I feel lethargic just looking at that plate of stodge.

It’s been said before, but they really do live like a pair of students.

If thats their tea what and when do they eat with their kids and what do they eat ?

Reactions: 3
If thats their tea what and when do they eat with their kids and what do they eat ?
I’ve wondered about this actually and surprised she’s not gone down the kids/mummy parenting route more, but I guess it clashes a bit with the attempt at styled/polished/prim vibe, all nappies and snot and general kiddy yuk. It’s a shame as that’s actually the sort of content id appreciate from her. Honest, useful, modern parenting stuff. “We only ate egg sarnies cz all our energy was spent feeding the kids and here’s what they ate” would be genuinely relatable!

(I may be massively projecting my own life onto this…!)

Maybe she’s overprotective of them and keeping them off the gram after previous failed attempts like the DangerShelf etc

And may have to fess up about SecretRoom upstairs if that’s where they play, eh…

Have they both taken a day off from work /(moving junk around the house) to plan a kids party? Surely not. 😮

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Have they both taken a day off from work /(moving junk around the house) to plan a kids party? Surely not. 😮
I know! It’s absolutely insane. Does she not understand that most parents just deal with this stuff without taking a day off?

Reactions: 6
Taken a day off to go and buy second hand books for the party bags. Very strange.

I must be superwoman, I’ve organised so many birthday parties for my children at this stage and never had to take a day off work to organise,

Reactions: 12
She has to be trolling us! The sandwiches, the teeny tiny dining table for 2, the taking a day off (from what?!) to go and buy second hand books for a kids party. You nearly had us there Alex!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She’ll probably be giving parents back the books they recently offloaded to charity 🤣 It’s not a bad idea, better than gifting plastic tat destined for the bin but there’s just something so stingy about the way these two treat others but are so grabby and entitled for themselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.