The Frugality #3 content is free, don’t care if it’s drivel, shopping in Sainsbury’s, pretending it’s Lidl

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I genuinely have fear when I am 40 I am going to look like them :-
I know me too! That hair doesn’t help the frumpy look. That+ the massively oversized clothing - not great! Alex is slim and does herself no favours.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I love Katherine Omerod and her rental property - it's lovely. I did search for a tattle life thread on her but couldn't see one so she can't annoy people too much 😂

Reactions: 6
I’m nearly 40 too (eeek!!) and I like Erica’s style overall more than Alex’s (she looks more ‘put together’) but I also really hate that influencer hair with the kink.

Alex needs to chop hers as she looked a lot better when it was a blunt ‘lob’.

Reactions: 5
The Christy towel advert she did bathing Cato in the sink just came up as a sponsored ad in my feed. Why is she considered a suitable and aspirational person to sell towels? 😠
Just came on to say I was targeted with her towel ad as sponsored. I guess she or Christie has put paid targeting behind it as it didn't perform that well.

Reactions: 2
Just came on to say I was targeted with her towel ad as sponsored. I guess she or Christie has put paid targeting behind it as it didn't perform that well.
She’s coming across as very tone deaf. We have to try and live a frugal life at the moment as only one of us are working and we had a toddler etc… I’m not going to be spending money on towels which are not necessary and a £140 frying pan! She’s lost her edge and needs to choose to go down the styling/house route where she can flog expensive stuff or be bloody frugal which she clearly isn’t anymore

Hi, sorry this is a bit off topics but dumping here as I think they’re friends (or at least worked together(. Does Laura Fantacci (wardrobe icons) have her own thread? I find her insufferable, such a stuck up show off (of course I’m jealous and wish I was loaded). She’s so out of touch with reality - she’s picked a tablecloth to take on her Italian holiday!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Hi, sorry this is a bit off topics but dumping here as I think they’re friends (or at least worked together(. Does Laura Fantacci (wardrobe icons) have her own thread? I find her insufferable, such a stuck up show off (of course I’m jealous and wish I was loaded). She’s so out of touch with reality - she’s picked a tablecloth to take on her Italian holiday!
I had to unfollow her, I can not stand pretentious people and she must be the leader of them all

Laura Fantacci is absolutely the Queen Bee of the Pretentious Set… yet you only have to scroll back a few years on Instagram to see her schilling much more affordable clothing like Zara. 🙄

Laura's husband is an architect and I think her family in Italy are quite wealthy (guess they'd have to be, for her to come to private school in the UK and end up working in fashion magazines in London). However she is absolutely nowhere near as well off as her friends Petro and Deborah, much as she likes to pretend she is. (Yes please to a thread, maybe for Laura/Wardrobe Icons together, so we can discuss them all!)

• Heart
Laura's husband is an architect and I think her family in Italy are quite wealthy (guess they'd have to be, for her to come to private school in the UK and end up working in fashion magazines in London). However she is absolutely nowhere near as well off as her friends Petro and Deborah, much as she likes to pretend she is. (Yes please to a thread, maybe for Laura/Wardrobe Icons together, so we can discuss them all!)
Do you know how to set up a new thread?!

Architecture is the ultimate “I have rich parents” profession. You spend years at uni and earn absolutely peanuts for the first 10 years, barely minimum wage for the hours put in, and when there’s a recession, you’re the first to be let go. You need to be really, really good (and possibly well connected) to become wealthy from a career as an architect.

Well I never thought I’d see Laura being discussed on here! 😂 She was the first person I followed and I used to love her style but in the last couple of years it’s left me a bit cold. It’s very much Emperor’s New Clothes now and some of what she wears is so ugly. I don’t mind her though, she’s mega pretentious but harmless enough and I dont think she tries to be relatable or hide the fact that she’s fairly well off. I’m not sure about Petro but Deborah B is properly wealthy and married to a film director. Their house in Ibiza is incredible however I cannot bear the way she speaks, it’s like she can’t get her mouth to work in time with the sounds she makes 😂

Can't believe I have been missing this! Thanks @jaymie for mentioning Alex's double storey extension on Lily Pebbles' thread, now I know this thread exists. HELLO! Alex's house has been my house inspo for a few years and I dedicated quote a few hours trying to find it on rightmove to see the before floor plan. Even my partner knows her as Alex from Wood Green and all about her house 🙈

• Haha
Can't believe I have been missing this! Thanks @jaymie for mentioning Alex's double storey extension on Lily Pebbles' thread, now I know this thread exists. HELLO! Alex's house has been my house inspo for a few years and I dedicated quote a few hours trying to find it on rightmove to see the before floor plan. Even my partner knows her as Alex from Wood Green and all about her house 🙈
Haha have you catch up with all the gossip? Her next door neighbour who did a double storey extension themselves many years ago opposed to Alex’s double storey extension. FYI

Reactions: 1
I finally found the house, thanks to some tips from Tattlers and also photos Alex posted on The Frugality website on their temp kitchen in the living room that had a dead giveaway of the location. And yes, saw the objection on the council planning portal, how embarrassing for the neighbours. They bought their house a year after Alex and think they can dictate how other can or can not improve their properties. Worth a try I guess... Alex and Chris must not have a good relationship with them.

Also saw how manky the house looks from the outside, I thought it was original brick for some reason. All that money and effort spent on making the inside look pristine and letting the fabric of the building deteriorate like that.

Yes agreed although the inside is far from pristine IMO. It looks cluttered, messy and fro what she’s shown very tough around the edges.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.