The Frugality #3 content is free, don’t care if it’s drivel, shopping in Sainsbury’s, pretending it’s Lidl

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not gonna lie, it’s getting annoying how influencers disappearing for days/weeks at a time clearly means they are on a foreign holiday. Especially as her last post was about baby loss. I noticed she hadn’t been posting and thought maybe she was a bit down after that. But if she is just in Spain that’s ridiculous (and makes me wonder if she put up that post at that time so she wouldn’t get any questions about going quiet - which makes me feel icky).

why do people think she is in spain btw?

Reactions: 5
Didn’t she say they planned to take some time off (despite just having finished an extended maternity leave and apparently being so broke they were begging for people to buy them a coffee) and also mentioned needing a holiday. Her folks have a place in Spain so think put 2 and 2 together.
I often wonder about the people that bought them ‘coffees’ wonder if they’d walk past someone living on the streets and drop them a few quid….unlikely as you’d hear the diatribe about them spending it on drink and drugs, yet they’ll happily give it to an influencer living a faux poor life, in a 750k house, to spend on £25 paper placemats and £70 candles…what a world we live in

Reactions: 18
Didn’t she say they planned to take some time off (despite just having finished an extended maternity leave and apparently being so broke they were begging for people to buy them a coffee) and also mentioned needing a holiday. Her folks have a place in Spain so think put 2 and 2 together.
I often wonder about the people that bought them ‘coffees’ wonder if they’d walk past someone living on the streets and drop them a few quid….unlikely as you’d hear the diatribe about them spending it on drink and drugs, yet they’ll happily give it to an influencer living a faux poor life, in a 750k house, to spend on £25 paper placemats and £70 candles…what a world we live in
According to the frugality IG, they’ve never come back from parental leave, either of them. Absolutely bone idle with zero self-awareness. When she split the two, I thought TF was going to be the ‘work account’ and Alex S was going to be her family/personal account? If that’s the case, why has she piled on the ad content onto the ‘Alex’ account? I know it’s been said endless times on here but she is absolutely rudderless in terms of the aims of her business. What is it for? What is the brand identity? What does it do?

Reactions: 6
According to the frugality IG, they’ve never come back from parental leave, either of them. Absolutely bone idle with zero self-awareness. When she split the two, I thought TF was going to be the ‘work account’ and Alex S was going to be her family/personal account? If that’s the case, why has she piled on the ad content onto the ‘Alex’ account? I know it’s been said endless times on here but she is absolutely rudderless in terms of the aims of her business. What is it for? What is the brand identity? What does it do?
Earning ££££££ is the identity.

Reactions: 2
She posted something about taking a break (from what?) because they had life admin to attend to (that fence ain’t gonna paint itself) and as a ‘well done’ for the last 9 months. Yeah well done for cluttering your house up with even more free tit, eating untold amounts of beige food whilst lecturing us plebs on how to do a healthy weekly shop for less than £30 (despite half of your food shop being gifted) and begging for coffee from strangers. What a bleeping achievement.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Her house coat £750k??!!

Her neighbours' house (the ones that objected to her extension) was sold for £820k back in 2017, so Alex' house is probably worth at least that with the extension.

Themovemarket values their house at £944,538 with all the work they have done. Not too shabby.

Reactions: 1
They wouldn’t have got much of a mortgage from the £35k each that she claimed they were taking as income (around the same time) so must have a hefty chunk of equity in there too. So so frugal.

Reactions: 1
They wouldn’t have got much of a mortgage from the £35k each that she claimed they were taking as income (around the same time) so must have a hefty chunk of equity in there too. So so frugal.
I believe that salary as much as I believe her when she says she shops at Lidl….oh wait

Reactions: 5
Oh ffs these influencers. Giving yourselves an “allowance” of 35K each from the business to live on is *nothing* like someone on a £35k salary (or two ppl on 70k combined) and I really wish they would stop presenting it as any sort of equivalence.

All the influencers are doing is giving themselves a meagre but doable (in their eyes) amount of easily accessible cash to live on and keeping the rest slightly harder to get to so it’s not frittered away. In other words a basic self imposed budget 🙄

Living on 70k combined when it’s 1. Your choice and 2. easy if you need to access more in an emergency - that’s a piece of cake. It’s the never ending stress of surviving on lower & some middling incomes that grinds you down. (And I appreciate there are many many many hard working people/families getting by on a lot less, and also that 35k/year reads differently in various parts of the country).

Plus a lot easier to stretch a 70K spending pot when it’s constantly being topped up with freebies and #kindlygrifted vouchers and gift cards.

It’s just another way for influencers to play their followers - “I’m just like you, trying to make ends meet! Buy me a coffee!” Meanwhile the cold hard cash is stacking up.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Oh ffs these influencers. Giving yourselves an “allowance” of 35K each from the business to live on is *nothing* like someone on a £35k salary (or two ppl on 70k combined) and I really wish they would stop presenting it as any sort of equivalence.

All the influencers are doing is giving themselves a meagre but doable (in their eyes) amount of easily accessible cash to live on and keeping the rest slightly harder to get to so it’s not frittered away. In other words a basic self imposed budget 🙄

Living on 70k combined when it’s 1. Your choice and 2. easy if you need to access more in an emergency - that’s a piece of cake. It’s the never ending stress of surviving on lower & some middling incomes that grinds you down. (And I appreciate there are many many many hard working people/families getting by on a lot less, and also that 35k/year reads differently in various parts of the country).

Plus a lot easier to stretch a 70K spending pot when it’s constantly being topped up with freebies and #kindlygrifted vouchers and gift cards.

It’s just another way for influencers to play their followers - “I’m just like you, trying to make ends meet! Buy me a coffee!” Meanwhile the cold hard cash is stacking up.
She should try living off £35k for an entire family and see how long she lasts, it’s a real struggle at the moment for my family and we definitely don’t have £140 to spend on a bloody frying pan! She isn’t frugal at all and needs to change her stance on what she does, should acknowledge she has money but likes to stretch it as much as she can.
I’d also like to note that we may not be rolling in it but I definitely don’t take those cheap food boxes from the supermarket which she likes to snatch as those are for people who are really struggling to feed their family

Reactions: 11
She should try living off £35k for an entire family and see how long she lasts, it’s a real struggle at the moment for my family and we definitely don’t have £140 to spend on a bloody frying pan! She isn’t frugal at all and needs to change her stance on what she does, should acknowledge she has money but likes to stretch it as much as she can.
I’d also like to note that we may not be rolling in it but I definitely don’t take those cheap food boxes from the supermarket which she likes to snatch as those are for people who are really struggling to feed their family
I don’t now believe she’s ever bought one, probably just sends Chris in to Lidl to take pictures of the things she thinks ‘poor people’ buy on his way to Sainsbury’s

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.