The Frugality #3 content is free, don’t care if it’s drivel, shopping in Sainsbury’s, pretending it’s Lidl

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly - having a free holiday in your parents house in Spain!

so bloody frugal. Do you think she recognises that having that opportunity in her family is one that comes from extreme privilege?

Reactions: 8
Probably off to her parents house in Spain, I think she mentioned at one stage she hoped to go as they had flights booked from months ago that they had to push out a few times.

Her recent adverts with the wonder pot company and Gumtree probably have enabled her to take it easy for August. She increases her presence on SM leading up to adverts and then quietens down afterwards, so taking a break is nothing unusual - she won’t need her followers as much until the next Ad.
The Christy towel advert she did bathing Cato in the sink just came up as a sponsored ad in my feed. Why is she considered a suitable and aspirational person to sell towels? 😠

Reactions: 3
The Christy towel advert she did bathing Cato in the sink just came up as a sponsored ad in my feed. Why is she considered a suitable and aspirational person to sell towels? 😠
Is just a early 40s and mid 30 IG huns thing. That towel company is probably dipping their toe into influencer marketing, but I don't think we will ever see them again. Idk who is so selective when it comes to towel brand, I just go to the shop and get a good quality one. TK Maxx carries some good one.

Reactions: 5
Is just a early 40s and mid 30 IG huns thing. That towel company is probably dipping their toe into influencer marketing, but I don't think we will ever see them again. Idk who is so selective when it comes to towel brand, I just go to the shop and get a good quality one. TK Maxx carries some good one.
Christy have been around for donkey’s years. They’ve got a very good reputation for quality, they do make nice towels, to be fair. My mum always buys them. I’m like you and bug the ones I like the feel of but if I was buying online I’d either buy by weight for quality or I’d buy a trusted brand like Christy if the weight wasn’t listed.

Whining about a ‘much needed’ break after an extended maternity leave from an influencer job is an insult to self employed women who have worked their arses off during the pandemic and those who have worried about money and their workload/clients during pregnancy and mat leave.

‘The Frugality’ IG is barely active at the moment anyway, what is there to take a break from?

I’ve unfollowed her now. She’s beyond ridiculous.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I found that towel ad tasteless because of the way she used her child in it. There was so much focus on him in that ad! I find the way she posts about her children really problematic. Peggy got phased out of Alex’s posts the moment Cato was born. I’m sure that wasn’t the intention, but it almost feels like Peggy grew out of the cute toddler phase so she needed to be replaced by a baby.

Reactions: 8
I found that towel ad tasteless because of the way she used her child in it. There was so much focus on him in that ad! I find the way she posts about her children really problematic. Peggy got phased out of Alex’s posts the moment Cato was born. I’m sure that wasn’t the intention, but it almost feels like Peggy grew out of the cute toddler phase so she needed to be replaced by a baby.
I think the whole hiding Peggy’s face is pretty nonsense when she shows what her husband and baby look like. I absolutely get the privacy reasons and Peggy’s choice as she gets older, but if weirdos wanted to find out where she lived, I’m sure it would be pretty easy.

I think creating The Frugality as a separate account, but keeping the followers under her account, shows that she’s headed into more influencer content. I’m not sure what The Frugality really is now, and probably neither are they!

Reactions: 4
I think Alex is retiring The Frugality brand and now it’s all about the Ads, one or two big brand Ads are probably enough to cover all bills and live well and also enable both herself and her husband to work petty much part-time.

The old Alex would never have advertised towels or saucepans but it’s ok now as it’s enabled her to take a month off work.

Reactions: 7
I think Alex is retiring The Frugality brand and now it’s all about the Ads, one or two big brand Ads are probably enough to cover all bills and live well and also enable both herself and her husband to work petty much part-time.

The old Alex would never have advertised towels or saucepans but it’s ok now as it’s enabled her to take a month off work.
I think it’s time to unfollow. I liked her original style and content but now I have no interest in over-priced homewares and useless items, £60 candles, £25 paper placemats?!?! The bloody fence, I mean I can’t believe she did a blogpost about how to paint a fence and thinks that’s good content, yet it still isn’t finished. The begging for cups of coffee, hiding the extension and the Lidl deception….what a strange way to live your life….will rely on tattlers to keep me updated

Reactions: 15
She’s not stylish enough to be a house influencer. Her renovations are average and look a bit cheap, and her house is cluttered & not particularly aesthetically pleasing unless you’re 5 years behind and still think gallery walls are the height of chic. She doesn’t seem to understand value and what’s important to get right and/or spend money on.

vs.someone like Katherine Ormerod who cosmetically renovated her rented house with a baby the same age as Cato and a husband that appears to work full time. It looks brilliant, so good the Telegraph took photos this week. I’d take Katherine far more seriously if she told me something was worth buying.

Reactions: 15
You guys are picky when it comes to towel, mine are from Ikea, tesco and the most expensive
She’s not stylish enough to be a house influencer. Her renovations are average and look a bit cheap, and her house is cluttered & not particularly aesthetically pleasing unless you’re 5 years behind and still think gallery walls are the height of chic. She doesn’t seem to understand value and what’s important to get right and/or spend money on.

vs.someone like Katherine Ormerod who cosmetically renovated her rented house with a baby the same age as Cato and a husband that appears to work full time. It looks brilliant, so good the Telegraph took photos this week. I’d take Katherine far more seriously if she told me something was worth buying.
I think her most direct comparison that I can think of is Erica Davies. I don’t know much about her though.

Reactions: 5

Totally agree. LOVE Katherine Ormerod - gets it so right

Reactions: 6
You guys are picky when it comes to towel, mine are from Ikea, tesco and the most expensive

I think her most direct comparison that I can think of is Erica Davies. I don’t know much about her though.
I legit had her and Erica Davies confused and thought they were the same person for ages!

• Haha
I legit had her and Erica Davies confused and thought they were the same person for ages!
They even have the same hairstyle. Veja, long floral dress, blonde and the new Kerem cut (shoulder length and kinks) lol

Reactions: 2
They even have the same hairstyle. Veja, long floral dress, blonde and the new Kerem cut (shoulder length and kinks) lol
Erica has been doing styling on This Morning quite a bit recently hasn't she? That is the sort of thing that I wouldn't have been surprised to see Alex doing a couple of years ago. The 'frugal' aspect of her brand would have definitely gone down well on daytime tv... getting the high end looks for less kind of thing. Oh well!

Reactions: 2
No offence to anyone intended but I dislike this faded blonde/grey root frizz thing they both have going on. Pick a colour and style it!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.