The Frugality #3 content is free, don’t care if it’s drivel, shopping in Sainsbury’s, pretending it’s Lidl

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title from @Boutros-Boutros Ghali

In the last thread Alex painted her fence a lot.
She also posted a picture of her baby's bedroom which some responders pointed out looks unsafe and her response was dubious (see the end of the last thread)
She also posted a picture claiming to be at Lidl when it was clearly Sainsbury's.

I'm sure there's other stuff if somebody could do a recap please?

Link to last thread: https://tattle.life/threads/the-frugality-2.13894/

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6

She also posted a picture of her baby's bedroom which some responders pointed out looks unsafe and her response wasn't really adequate.
She also posted a picture claiming to be at Lidl when it was clearly Sainsbury's.

Thanks for the new thread!

• Heart
So yesterday she did a paid ad for the anya hindmarch sample sale at the box, gushing over handbags. Today she’s at a handbag exhibition saying she’s not bothered about handbags and showing us her next tote she uses most days 🧐
I don’t get her.

Reactions: 14
No consistency to her at all!

So her dinner tonight only came to 37p because she had all the ingredients bar the tin of Tomatoes - seems to think just because she already had the pasta, quorn, veg in the fridge, it doesn’t count towards the cost of the meal.

And Chris back painting the fence.

Reactions: 7

She also posted a picture of her baby's bedroom which some responders pointed out looks unsafe and her response was dubious (see the end of the last thread)

My first thread….I feel so honoured 😂

So her dinner tonight only came to 37p because she had all the ingredients bar the tin of Tomatoes - seems to think just because she already had the pasta, quorn, veg in the fridge, it doesn’t count towards the cost of the meal.

Came here to say….that bloody fence….still. The Forth Bridge doesn’t take this long to paint
He’s more in need of getting the lawnmower out

Reactions: 7
Also the little grimace emoji that she has to work this evening. Except she’s been at an exhibition all day. That’s the GOOD thing about working for yourself. It’s a GREAT PRIVILEGE to spend the day with a friend looking at handbags and then CHOOSE to work in the evening instead. She literally doesn’t understand how life works...or she just can’t accept that Chris doesn’t bring home the bacon

Reactions: 13
Also the little grimace emoji that she has to work this evening. Except she’s been at an exhibition all day. That’s the GOOD thing about working for yourself. It’s a GREAT PRIVILEGE to spend the day with a friend looking at handbags and then CHOOSE to work in the evening instead. She literally doesn’t understand how life works...or she just can’t accept that Chris doesn’t bring home the bacon
I think it’s this. I actually also wonder if all the DIY - endless fence painting and laying tiles - is a way for him to feel more ‘manly’?

There’s nothing wrong being a SAHD, but there is if the other partner resents it, which I think she does.

Also to recap- her deliberately covering up the fact she actually had a two storey extension when she’s claiming it was only the kitchen.

Asking us to donate cash to her and her husband who choose not to get jobs.

Greedily grabbing all the £1.99 fruit/veg boxes when she can afford not to.

And using her miscarriage as an excuse to let her baby sleep in a really dangerous setup 🙄

Reactions: 14
I haven't seen the front of the house, but from the way everyone describes it, that would be one of the first things to work on. Not tiling the back patio. Hopefully, she's saved all the shards of tiles that match her front hall.

I was under the assumption she lost the twins due to falling down her stairs. I just read the blog post, very sad for them. This is none of my business but why wouldn't they have waited to have children when the home is safe and secure?

Reactions: 2
I haven't seen the front of the house, but from the way everyone describes it, that would be one of the first things to work on. Not tiling the back patio. Hopefully, she's saved all the shards of tiles that match her front hall.

I was under the assumption she lost the twins due to falling down her stairs. I just read the blog post, very sad for them. This is none of my business but why wouldn't they have waited to have children when the home is safe and secure?
Because they wanted children? Plenty of people build/renovate with kids. Alex will likely be menopausal by the time they’ve finished the fence nevermind done the rest of the house.

It is uncalled for to criticise them for the home safety while talking about their unrelated baby loss. Having to make the decision to end the pregnancy must have been horrific for them.

Reactions: 17
Because they wanted children? Plenty of people build/renovate with kids. Alex will likely be menopausal by the time they’ve finished the fence nevermind done the rest of the house.

It is uncalled for to criticise them for the home safety while talking about their unrelated baby loss. Having to make the decision to end the pregnancy must have been horrific for them.
I was referring to the state of the house when they moved in. If I remember correctly, ceilings caved in more than once, there was no working kitchen, no heat, workers and dust everywhere, plus she mentioned money problems. A short time after moving in, she announced she was pregnant.

I'm aware children grow and thrive during remodels and other disruptive events. I was not referring to the state of the stairs, only that she had fallen. Please excuse my poorly written last post.

Reactions: 3
I really want to comment asking about the extension on her recent post 🙄 shed probably just delete it though

Reactions: 5
But she also bought asparagus to use with the cheese so not just the tomatoes then??! Made no sense 🤣 like you said, she had paid for the other things at some point anyway!???

Reactions: 4
I’d take all these frugal dinners with a large grain of salt! The dinner cost more than 37p because at some point she bought the other ingredients. what else did she eat that day and what was the cost breakdown? A person who was really frugal and creative would be able to get a few dinners out of the cost of the takeaway Alex had the next night. So one dinner costing ’37p’ (as if!), and a takeaway dinner the next night costing say £10 is the same as someone spending £5 both nights. How much do they spend on lunches and dinners and more importantly are they eating plenty of fruit and veg, etc. Buying crap quality food and then spending money on crap for the house is not being clever or something to aspire to.

And all her nonsense about using up leftovers - calling a block of cheese leftovers is ridiculous - you buy a block of cheese and use until it’s used up, it’s a fridge staple - in sandwiches, in salads, in recipes, to snack on, part of a lunch plate, etc. No-one buys a block of cheese, uses in a recipe and throws the remainder out- but Alex seems to think she’s being so creative using the ’leftover’ cheese.

Reactions: 18
I just don’t know why Alex is so keen to showcase aspects of her life that she’s pretty useless at, not in a turns out badly way, but more of a “how is she 38 and figuring this out for the first time” sort of way. No one is looking to her for cooking or gardening advice.

Stick to fashion Alex, you’re actually really good at it.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.