Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Spiesandliea

VIP Member
2C97DACB-FD6F-4974-8BD5-DD9EB9441B2F.jpeg

0415BABB-CF55-4105-BA41-2CD8E569C3E0.jpeg

hang on…thought Alex lived in a minimalist home 😂
Christ they’re so lazy! One kid is in full time nursery the other is a baby why the hell can’t they tidy the house and put things away!
also they both ‘work’ from home 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12

freethe40foot1

I just unfollowed. If I wanted to follow and account for niche gasses chat I would have already done so. I used to like her style but now her entire page is a self indulgent display of playing at being poor and shit tiling jobs.

Reactions: 11

GiveMyHeadPeace

VIP Member
Her latest stories - the thought of her & Chris eating a packet of crisps for their dinner in the caravan bedroom as given me the irrational boak 😂🤢 Just sit outside on a deckchair and eat them in the nice weather rather than getting on like two teenage EMOs. With the window or door ajar they’d still hear the kids and it makes no safety odds if they’re sitting in a bedroom or outside the caravan door.

I seem to recall in the distant past that she stated that they’d extended into the attic in their former flat and therefore managed to sell it for double what they paid for it..or something like that. Depending on how much that profit was they may not have needed too much from The Bank Of Mum & Dad to put towards their current home, if at all? 🤔
It was a flat in Clapham on an 18K salary. They must have bought it in cash or very close. Ain’t no 21 year old working in magazines with cash...somewhere along the way she’s been given at least a quarter of a million pounds, but I’d wager closer to half a million.

On that salary she’s still have a student loan, which never gets mentioned. So someone likely supporter her through university.
She’d still have credit card debt/bank loans from the internships she had to do to get into magazines. or someone supported her/provided a free bed while she did them

So much hidden wealth all over the place.

Last edited:
  • Heart

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
:eek:o_O How have I missed that they've had a two storey extension?!

So basically, they built out for the kitchen but it was double height, which they've kept secret??

I have no issue with influencers keeping part of their lives private, but when the whole brand is built on 'frugal budgeting', but they are hiding their real expenditure like this pair do, it just feels so fake.

That picture of the kitchen on the grid…so much stuff, random shelves, clutter, different colours that don’t really go….it’s like going into your mad auntie’s house who’s a hoarder

Venuslurker

Chatty Member
God she really does drag me down with her posts, hardly surprising that holidays with small kids aren't relaxing, but it doesn't mean they can't be fun, just adapt a bit, was she really making sure they got back to the apartment for the nap schedule? Jeez highly strung or what. Just let them nap later, then you can have dinner later rather than at 4.45pm (are you fucking kidding me??) .
CHILL OUT basically 😂

Exhaustednurse

VIP Member
It is a joke and the whole influencer culture makes it so much worse. Woman are being targeted by other women by selling a lifestyle that is totally unrealistic. This whole ‘you can scroll past if you aren’t interested’ is also a joke - because people like Alex are not up front about who they are. So you are sucked in early on.

I’ve said it before. You cannot have 2 kids in London, pay for childcare, have a house in an aspirational area and go on holidays without the following:

a) massive family financial help
b) earning far more than you say you do
d) huge help with getting on the property ladder

Alex clearly has had a combination of the three

• Heart

uberoblique

Chatty Member
As well as her shilling £12 (?) matches to light your cheap & nasty Flying Tiger paraffin candles that release not-very-good-for-you VOCs into your home 🤔
This is the woman that’s encouraging people to spend £25 on paper placemats and £150 on a pointless pan….it’s all for affect

I really struggle with this aspects of influencers & Alex is far from alone, they run a business account like they think it’s a personal one. The professional thing to do would have been to either ignore the question or just respond saying my style is max. Not have a dig 3 times in a short Q&A.
Bingo. Totally unprofessional and condescending to those who, despite the free content, pay her bills with their eyeballs and clicks.

• Haha

AutumnDays

Chatty Member
Unless they are planning on having more children, they should have just went with a ground floor side extension and left the third bedroom the size it was. Then they could have the open plan kitchen/dining/living area they obviously want. Instead they have a toilet room opening into the space, a kitchen area that is too small for their needs and a living area that has no room for a dining table.

• Heart

snarksnark

Chatty Member
I've not really looked at her stories recently, but I've just had a look at the glasses stuff and bloody hell! She's reposted a DM from someone thanking her for raising awareness about glasses wearers FFS - is she going to try and get wearing glasses as a protected characteristic or something!

She's so bloody desperate to find a USP/ angle isn't she? So she set up here initial IG as The Frugality (which we all know wasn't really that frugal) and now she's trying to go on a one-woman-crusade about wearing glasses.

• Haha

Apricotgirl

She’s advertising Skin + Me on her story. It’s a prescription (includes tretinoin), and it is against the law to advertise prescription medication.

Every day she strays further from her brand, it feels so hodgepodge watching her desperately shill anything with ‘chic’ branding that will pay her. It’s not frugal to pay for private healthcare, yet here she is recommending a £19.99 a month subscription for something you’d get a 3 month supply from your GP for £9.35.

I know people have been reported to ASA before for the same ads and I have no idea how the company keeps getting away with it!

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
She MUST be losing engagement on all those glasses posts. You can’t even see how many there are anymore if you wanted to just skip through the glasses part. I just flick straight past her now. Sooo annoying

freethe40foot1

She just designed and installed a brand new kitchen. Why didn’t she incorporate proper storage into it dispense with the need for clutter? It looks like a junk shop