Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dizzy

VIP Member
How can they live like that? It looks like they’ve been burgled! It’s not relatable it’s just fucking lazy!

• Haha
Reactions: 13

uberoblique

Chatty Member
She’s insufferable, complaining she has so much on her plate.

People who are genuinely swamped at work and struggling to take on new projects don’t start painting their bathrooms on a Monday morning 🙄

Reactions: 12

skyehigh

Chatty Member
A few years ago Alex did a load of stories where she complained about being sent too much free stuff. It was a lot of admin apparently!

• Haha
  • Angry

Author123

Chatty Member
Of all the things to ‘bring awareness’ to, picking glasses feels like one of the biggest possible shows of privilege. Is there really no other cause close to her heart that she wants to use her platform for?! It’s just all very bizarre.

Also surely if you don’t seal it/finish it then the rain/frost etc will get under it and lift the three tiles he has managed to lay….we could be looking at 2023 at this rate

• Haha

Subway

This!! I spent 3 years at my fancy university avoiding this nonsense (mainly because I worked practically full time) and here I find myself on my precious minutes off pondering her life?! But whilst I’m on the subject....We’ve also worked ourselves into a position of real privilege, high salaries, good area to live in etc but without parental support we’ve got a gigantic mortgage that will likely be with us till retirement. We earn way more than she claims to buy don’t seem to have nearly as much disposable income. I’m certainly not buying cashmere hats and hall mirrors at anywhere near the rate she is, takeaways or meals out are still considered and holidays planned and saved for. We’re not even particularly good with money and we’re generous with family (most of who have a pritty different set up). I absolutely wouldn’t claim to be frugal. There’s something that just absolutely does not add up about their set up, unless that is they have a tiny mortgage and aren’t thinking about things like pensions because they know they’re going to inherit? I honestly quite enjoy the lives of the rich and famous on insta when they’re honest about it all. It’s the hidden wealth that makes everyone else feel a bit shit about themselves that is just the pits.
Hi I’m normally an occasional lurker here but this is exactly how I feel. I would count as a high earner but have a big mortgage. I’m a mug though because I’ve ended feeling bad that I don’t seem to be able to afford to live in the way she does and thought it was because we weren’t being good enough with money. When they say they’re saving up for things or selling stuff on eBay to pay for them I always feel bad about how much I manage to save or the fact that I wouldn’t sell stuff for a £1 on eBay I’d just give to a charity shop. This thread has been really good at opening my eyes to the fact that she’s not being honest and then to reassess how much of this stuff I even need or want. I know it’s obvious but I am endlessly taken in I need a reality check!

• Heart

Dizzy

VIP Member
Utterly baffled by all the glasses stories. Some people wear glasses, some don’t. Some wear cool/funky/outrageous pairs, some don’t. The end.

Readinginks

VIP Member
Watching that reel made me remember how much they lack practical thinking and don’t really plan ahead which you’d think they would’ve developed having done diy projects for the past 4-5 years. That very first f*d up tile is in the most visible spot. My most basic rule of doing anything for the first time: start where the result will be least visible and hopefully as your skill improves as you work your way through it you will finish with the nicest work in the best spot!

• Heart

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
View attachment 808671Am I reading this right, do they have someone working from their home, as in they rent it out as a workspace??
It’s a cleaner or an assistant of some type. (Doing what??) Either way the obfuscation itself sticks out, it’s like her vaguely saying ‘we stay in an apartment’ when asked if she can recommend accommodation in her regular European holiday spot.

And casually revealing the bonus room like it ain’t no thing after squeezing every drop of content from her extension project without so much as a whisper that it was a two story job.

Throw in all the barely concealed rage about glasses and I’d say all is not well in Alex land. I wouldn’t be surprised if her influencer bubble is bursting a bit. Brands are able to be more discerning these days for sure.

• Haha
  • Heart
Imagine moaning about the work created by going back to work after maternity leave and then finding the time to find a million pictures of people wearing glasses to post to your stories. What is Chris doing while she does this work? I’m fascinated to understand how he fills his days!

• Haha

itsyagal

The worst kind of people are the ones that say shit like ‘oh I’m so exhausted from my holiday I could do with another one’ like PLEASE FUCK OFF, ADIOS x

rosarosa

talking of the unlikely pair, lol at this being exactly what we were saying! I don’t understand how AS isn’t mortified that she’s very clearly privileged and refuses to say about about it, in the era of learning to do better?!
I unfollowed Alex a while ago but occasionally read this thread - after seeing these recent stories from Africa I was reminded straight away of a certain someone and glad to see I wasn’t alone.

Absolutely agree with the ppl who made the ‘rah girl’ connection, and vividly remember my confusion and insecurity being thrown into an environment with lots of ppl like that (who were unlike anyone I’d ever met at my comprehensive school).

I remember a “look” was wearing designer dresses (£300+ a pop…I learned it was a faux pas for me to ask where the dress came from) paired with juti shoes from gap yah in Rajasthan (“only £2!”). Took me ages to understand all the weird little social rules.

Still know a couple of ppl from that set and they are nice in all the ways that matter but still do the same thing (£2m house with inherited money ssssh but will always broadcast DIY and car boot finds). I think it’s discomfort with having something they know they didn’t earn.

I should add I’m lucky to have benefitted from inherited wealth via my OH. It makes an enormous difference - we stuck it all in the mortgage which gives us a lot of freedom. We pay less per month for a family sized house than my sister pays for her rented 1-bed flat. I wouldn’t ever try to pretend it was anything other than unfair.

• Heart

Dizzy

VIP Member
A shelf that’s taken a year and a half to put up. Apparently these little jobs take years. Actually, they don’t if you just get the fuck on with it 🙄

• Haha

tatty400

Tbh I find it annoying when people put shit hand wash in a leftover fancy branded bottle. It screams stingy show-off! Just buy a half decent hand wash that doesn’t cost the earth!

I was coming here to say this. Didn't she post recently saying she was getting back into work too, and needed to stop scrolling through insta all day?
I find its better for my mindset to get dressed in the morning, especially when im working from home.
Coming to say the exact same thing. I was up four times in the night with my eldest and had to be dressed with (bags under the eyes concealed) for an 8am Zoom call this morning. Isn’t that just parenting when you don’t have a trust fund to fall back on? Not ideal but certainly not noteworthy or something I feel particularly sorry for myself about. Her post was really galling when I saw it especially considering she wants me to pay for her to indulge in her tiredness and then spend the day colouring in a fence with a biro meanwhile I’m trying to manage 3 children in a house with two very full time working parents!

Cynic123

Why don’t they just pay someone to lay the tiles? It wouldn’t cost that much as it’s a small area and at least it’d be done right. There’s some things that aren’t worth your time especially if you don’t know what you’re doing!

uberoblique

Chatty Member
The thank you for supporting ads it’s how we can create content for free. She is the only influencer I follow of many who constantly mentions her free content. Also now that she has acknowledged her followers support her ads she can stop asking people who followed an account about ways to save money to buy her a coffee!!!
👏🏻
Also, what content? Photos of your baby / husband doing shoddy DIY / brown food you’ve eaten at restaurants / your terrible taste in glasses is not content, it’s just lazily documenting your life.

• Heart

GossipMongoose

VIP Member
Is just a early 40s and mid 30 IG huns thing. That towel company is probably dipping their toe into influencer marketing, but I don't think we will ever see them again. Idk who is so selective when it comes to towel brand, I just go to the shop and get a good quality one. TK Maxx carries some good one.
Christy have been around for donkey’s years. They’ve got a very good reputation for quality, they do make nice towels, to be fair. My mum always buys them. I’m like you and bug the ones I like the feel of but if I was buying online I’d either buy by weight for quality or I’d buy a trusted brand like Christy if the weight wasn’t listed.

Whining about a ‘much needed’ break after an extended maternity leave from an influencer job is an insult to self employed women who have worked their arses off during the pandemic and those who have worried about money and their workload/clients during pregnancy and mat leave.

‘The Frugality’ IG is barely active at the moment anyway, what is there to take a break from?

I’ve unfollowed her now. She’s beyond ridiculous.

Last edited:

MeWithTheHair

I’d love some recommendations for sites that sell frames at those prices. Can you try on at home and then send back if not suitable?
Here I am to influence you with actual frugal glasses intel! At the turbo affordable end is glasses direct, which you can trial at home with 4/5 pairs a go, they come in the post and you pop them back free of charge as long as they’re back in time. Cubits do this too which I love - bit more expensive but gorgeous and cool concept (something like 10 designs, 5 colours, mix and match to find what you like). I’ve just ordered from Firmoo which are dirt cheap with no try on, so bit of a gamble. Top tip from me - do some home trials and take loads of photos of you in all the pairs, different hair and outfits/makeup etc, and send them straight back ASAP, so you know there’s no risk of charge and you can look back at your beautiful face and choose at your leisure!

**((slides glasses up nose with single finger))** and THAT is how you do frugal glasses content. Ahem. X

View attachment 835202
Lmao I am going to put on more shelves in my home to distract myself from messy home. Smart
this shelf situation is insane. When you need storage, it’s usually because you have things that need storing/displaying, not just because you want to acquire yet more things specifically to put on said storage item?!? They’ve actually hung a shelf specifically for a bunch of gifted shite that was about to arrive for a low rent bit of sponcon? Amazing way to make frugal decorating decisions.

And why do I care so much that she has to say FAUX not fake? More ‘chic’ to be FAUX french I guess.

slow clap forever

Last edited:
  • Heart