Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Given that he was still sleeping at 10am while she drunk coffee in the garden a few days ago I suspect there is no freelance work for Chris

• Haha
Reactions: 11

AutumnDays

Chatty Member
I’m baffled that she has the time or inclination to be scouring the internet for people who wear glasses and this is the content she believes she deserves to be paid for and resents having to provide it for ‘free’.

Her content this week was an Ad for underwear (which is probably why she was posting boring stories about bras in the lead-uo) dreary holiday content and back on the glasses soapbox today - nothing interesting, creative, funny, inspirational. Really who wants to seem her unpacked suitcases fully of dirty laundry with a dirty old sandal in the mix and them seeing her kick the suitcases into the doorway of an already overflowing room.

As has been said numerous times, Alex’s skills are fashion styling, it was what she was good at and we see the odd glimpse of it now. But that seems to bore her now but she reluctantly plods on producing content to attract brands to advertise with her because it’s well paid and enabled her to work very part time from home.

• Heart

Harpyharpyunder

I wish white privileged middle class influencers had this kind of energy for unrepresented minorities - do black lives still matter to Alex? Haven’t seen her mention it in a while. Kinda more important than glasses.

• Heart
Both children at Nursery, Alex drinking coffee in the garden and Chris having a lie in. At 10am on a Friday during the summer holidays.They’ve honestly got life sussed those two.

• Haha

uberoblique

Chatty Member
Her living room brings me out in hives. Why, with a spare room dedicated to coats and an entire home office off the kitchen, would you turn over your only family space to packaging boxes for whatever tat you plan to sell next?

They are just so strange. It’s not aspirational, it’s not relatable, it’s just weird.

raaraat

Why are their rooms just so rammed with junk? They need proper furniture, everything they own looks flimsy.
Also she has to stop moaning about being busy. The whole world is busy. They sit around watching tele writing a newsletter and taking photos. Gah!

• Heart

Exhaustednurse

VIP Member
@Dustye I am sorry that things are tough, but so glad to hear that my posts have helped. I’m 45 now, kids are 11 and 9. I’ve always had full on jobs (nursing) but in that last 3 years I’ve had the space to really focus on my career and now am in a sub board role.
Don’t get me wrong, we still have to plan massively with money, but we do have holidays and there is enough for some meals out etc. I think that the shift is not only the money you have but the headspace that allows for some good career decisions.
Good luck - and happy if you want to DM, I feel really strongly about this subject helping women who are where I have been.

• Heart

Han___

Hi, sorry this is a bit off topics but dumping here as I think they’re friends (or at least worked together(. Does Laura Fantacci (wardrobe icons) have her own thread? I find her insufferable, such a stuck up show off (of course I’m jealous and wish I was loaded). She’s so out of touch with reality - she’s picked a tablecloth to take on her Italian holiday!

• Sick
  • Haha

Pixie06

VIP Member
The tiles sent me over the edge. It put me in such a pissed off and angry mood when she said the few tiles that needed laying would have to wait until next year when the weather is tropical in the South. I can’t be following someone who enrages me like she does. Drippy, miserable pair of cunts.

• Haha

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
A few comments on here about how her glasses don’t suit her and she turns it into her raison d’être. Many more comments about her unaddressed privilege and there’s… tumbleweeds.

It’s like she thinks she’s tackling the bullies head on or something by going hard on the glasses thing but it’s going to backfire because 95% of her followers won’t care and it’s drowning out what little else she does.

VNaylor

Chatty Member
What is up with the glasses thing?!? It’s bizarre. I’m guessing she’s either 1) had a rude DM about hers 2) has read comments here or 3) angling for a deal with specsavers!

I’ve worn glasses for almost half my life - generally can’t be bothered with contacts - and the only time it’s been a hassle is over the last 18 months with masks and them fogging up! I probably won’t wear them when I get married (reflections etc) but that’s my choice!

AutumnDays

Chatty Member
For someone who wants everything in house to be ‘chic’, it’s laughable the state of it. Living area of kitchen a complete mess with bitty furniture - she should get a custom shelf/press unit built along the ‘long’ wall, get rid of the bitty furniture and sofa and re-instate the dining table and chairs. She could then use the sitting room to actually sit in.

If they tidied their office and removed some of the crap, I’m sure they could use it to pack whatever it is they’re going to flog next.

I suspect the reason the spare bedroom is being used as a sitting room/toy room is that the two children don’t sleep well together in their bedroom - and it’s used for early morning wakings. She wants to keep them sharing as she believes it’s cool/woke/a novel idea.

The two of them working from home and someone in once a week and they’ve no time to tidy, thinks it’s edgy to eat pot noodles in their bedroom and they make it all sound so dreary and chaotic.

jaymie

VIP Member
I also don’t think the person’s intention was to criticise her style or state that minimal would be better. I genuinely know how visual
fatigue can affect someone’s mood and overall well-being, so maybe that was the starting point for the question considering she always complains about mess and stuff and being tired.

Oh how immature of her!

View attachment 807074
Omg I didn’t know she had 3 stories making snark comments about that one poster. Like, if you don’t like it, don’t respond to it. She is a making a fool out of herself really.

But it does get easier. Childcare costs come down,
I love your post + generally posts, I recognise your name. Agree re treat - the way they live is just SO bizarre, she may as well admit it’s a continuation of rich student life and just write for that cohort? They exist, so go get them!

I’m not doing an Alex and whinging about a lack of money btw as it’s not the case, it’s just as someone who’s worked our way into her position her advice/content for us is laughable, it really is. The cost of our childcare will never go down as we’re not eligible for any schemes etc (and we shouldn’t be, but let me land on this!) but what makes me laugh is this low level influencer set using their free hours or tax free vouchers to put their kids in childcare so they can compare Lick paint samples to tell us to buy? Seriously fuck off 😂 the government should look into gifted cash as part of income and give these rich kids’ allowances to mums on UC who have found the cost of childcare prohibitive to returning to work.

The whole thing is a joke. Tbh in the same way I had no interest in being friends with these spoilt brats at uni I don’t know why I’m now viewing their “grown up” content on Insta.

• Heart
She's actually pathetic. She wants everything for free, but expects people to pay for her content! Mind boggles to her logic. The 'free' tapas isn't actually that, the waiters prob want the miserable cheap fuckers to go so they don't sit there nursing a coke for hours to get 'free' tapas. She's in the family home, if you're that hard up get food from the supermarket and cook in the free apartment you're in.

she's just a miserable moaning resentful cow.

PastorBake

Chatty Member
Simple politics asked public for donation, I love their IG page, they provide useful information for lazy people like me. Then we have Alex, who shamelessly asked for money because she “creates” contents. Fuck off
Definitely. Other people use the 'buy me a coffee' thing legitimately to get small donations towards their costs and to keep their platform ad free. I've used it to donate small sums to a podcaster who I very regularly listen to and really appreciate and whose podcasts have absolutely no ads.

Alex wants us to watch her ads, click her affiliate links, buy the gifted items she showcases and STILL buy her a coffee 🙄