Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Exhaustednurse

VIP Member
She sounds so ungrateful. A free holiday with her beautiful family and she’s making out it was such a drag.

Where is her common sense? If the children are hungry late afternoon, just give them a snack until dinner. Plenty of choice in a Spanish supermarket - fruit, bread, pieces of cheese / ham. Why does she make stuff so hard when there are so many easy solutions to this stuff?

So frugal too with a babies bib that costs £7.50 for 1!

Reactions: 11

Spiesandliea

VIP Member
Oh ffs these influencers. Giving yourselves an “allowance” of 35K each from the business to live on is *nothing* like someone on a £35k salary (or two ppl on 70k combined) and I really wish they would stop presenting it as any sort of equivalence.

All the influencers are doing is giving themselves a meagre but doable (in their eyes) amount of easily accessible cash to live on and keeping the rest slightly harder to get to so it’s not frittered away. In other words a basic self imposed budget 🙄

Living on 70k combined when it’s 1. Your choice and 2. easy if you need to access more in an emergency - that’s a piece of cake. It’s the never ending stress of surviving on lower & some middling incomes that grinds you down. (And I appreciate there are many many many hard working people/families getting by on a lot less, and also that 35k/year reads differently in various parts of the country).

Plus a lot easier to stretch a 70K spending pot when it’s constantly being topped up with freebies and #kindlygrifted vouchers and gift cards.

It’s just another way for influencers to play their followers - “I’m just like you, trying to make ends meet! Buy me a coffee!” Meanwhile the cold hard cash is stacking up.
She should try living off £35k for an entire family and see how long she lasts, it’s a real struggle at the moment for my family and we definitely don’t have £140 to spend on a bloody frying pan! She isn’t frugal at all and needs to change her stance on what she does, should acknowledge she has money but likes to stretch it as much as she can.
I’d also like to note that we may not be rolling in it but I definitely don’t take those cheap food boxes from the supermarket which she likes to snatch as those are for people who are really struggling to feed their family

Reactions: 11

freethe40foot1

She is so odd. It’s like she is always shocked by the concept of having children. She whinged when they went away to the caravan that the kids ruined that because they had the audacity to sleep and now she is annoyed that she had to eat at six and no stay out late and didn’t get to watch her tv series. Expectation versus reality here. She is living in perpetual young adult land.

Reactions: 10

jaymie

VIP Member
Lmao what is she smoking if she thinks her house is minimalist? Like what?

I take it it is not Victorian maximalist, her house is just garbage.

• Haha

Pixie06

VIP Member
They could literally complete this today before midday if they got their lazy arses into gear
It's amazing that our building industry seems to manage to function more that 3 weeks a year. It's not like there has been torrential rain or snow for the past few weeks. They're a joke. If I had to live with him pissing around he'd be buried under that patio by now!

• Haha

uberoblique

Chatty Member
When my children were small I always kept it tidy and clean , they played freely but I tidied up as they moved onto different activities, that’s just how I am.

I am twitching that she had window crayon scribbles FROM AUGUST!!🙀🙀🙀 and she or Chris hasn’t cleaned them off.
She just baffles me. They’re not commuting, her husband doesn’t appear to do anything except edit her clunky attempts at Reels… it takes 30 seconds with some window spray & kitchen roll.

By extension that must mean they don’t ever clean their windows?

• Heart

PastorBake

Chatty Member
I’ve been to Nerja where she went on
holiday quite a few times. Lots of families go there including Spanish ones. They have an afternoon siesta, bath or shower and then go for a promenade and then out to eat. Lots of children sleeping in chairs pushed together or in their pushchairs. They don’t go to eat until about 8- 9 pm. Just in case anyone didn’t know that is what often happens in Spain….
The way she describes it you'd think they been participating in that Bear Grylls show where you get dumped on an uninhabited island.

• Haha
I’m so jealous of them!! How the hell do they afford to send both of them into nursery and then sit at home and do sweet fuck all? Tell me your tricks Alex I need to know!
You get an insta following, pretend to be faux poor and then put a sob story on about how hard it’s been over covid and ask for money for a ‘coffee’ from said followers…..flogging 20p matches for a tenner is also very lucrative….absolute pair of blaggers
I note since the Lidl/Sainsbury’s incident we haven’t been subjected to any pretence that they only spend £20 on food a week for them 😂

Bloody hell, “rahs” 😂 I’m 36 and not heard that word for a while. They were the kind of girls that wore jack wills and flip flops and had their long hair clipped back in a pouffe at the front.

• Haha

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
I am by far a tidy or particularly house proud person but to survive without going insane there’s two mantras I try to live by: find a designated home for everything, and don’t put it down put it away. (Never leave a room empty handed is a bonus, optional mantra for when I’m feeling particularly on top of things).

I kinda admire that she’s willing to show all that mess to be honest. Watching the clip brought up feelings of shame for me so fair play.

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
Gosh. She needs a cold quartz roller, no salt for 4 weeks and maybe some Botox in her jaw. Never seen someone so puffy. Not to sound like a cow but I’m 2 dress sizes bigger than her and don’t have such chubby cheeks! What’s going on?

jaymie

VIP Member
I absolutely cant listen to any baby proofing advice from her after that ridiculous post with the bookshelves above the cot that loads of people rightly called her out on.
2B9B2D07-38A4-4E7C-963B-FF564C03090D.png

she claimed she has removed the shelf but is still there

• Wow

Now What

Chatty Member
She always gives me a vibe of depression mixed with an undercurrent of anger or resentment. I never noticed this until after they'd moved into her current house. Even her description of her holiday was summed up with: she was knackered.

Dizzy

VIP Member
What’s with the drawer with all the recycling in? A drawer. Their choices BAFFLE me.

• Sick
  • Haha

Chatty Member
Love the direction this thread has taken.

It’s nice to hear insight from genuinely successful people who haven’t had a leg up from parents and can also, despite achieving success, see through the middle class insta bullshit.

• Heart

Dustye

@heretoreaditall2019 and @Exhaustednurse just wanted to say that your posts on this thread about how tough the early years are in terms of costs/money are absolutely saving my sanity right now. The only other parents I know have family help (either financially or in terms of childcare) and we feel like we're dying on our arses despite having fairly decent salaries. Thank you for helping me see that this won't last forever and that we're not unusual in feeling so stretched. And agree that these influencers are the same posh girls at uni (we called them rahs) that always made me feel like shit and I actively avoided - time to actively avoid them on Insta now too!

• Heart
Is this time off to finish the fence I wonder? I bet lots of new mums wish they could get random strangers on the internet to pay for them to have a random month off after just coming back from maternity leave…she’s such a fraud

• Haha
  • Heart

Peachesx

She has driven me to write my first post… long time lurker etc.

Her Instagram story today…The hair… the face… the dead behind the eyes lewk… I just CAN’T. Her husband actually has (slightly) better hair. She truly looks like a ✨ghoul.✨ Nothing fresh or exciting about her anymore. Struggling to see how a single person can be influenced by someone cack handedly trying to create a wave in their dirty, greasy hair?!?!

• Haha