Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Oh god the time-off chat. It’s so deeply out of touch with almost everyone else’s experience, especially at the moment. She is so tone deaf it’s almost unbearable.

Reactions: 13

BlairWaldorf86

VIP Member
Earning well at the moment is all well and good, but don’t these influencers get worried for the future? At least the ones with husbands in good jobs don’t need a back up plan. What are Alex and Chris going to do in 10/20/30 years when Instagram influencing may not be as lucrative as it is now?
(Also, I think these 2 do a lot better than they like to imply, which does leave a bad taste in my mouth. The role-playing-poor thing that’s been mentioned on here before.)

Chocolate2008

VIP Member
Controversially the holidays with kids is hard thing doesn’t really annoy me. Although I do think the bit about the waiters is very funny as if a family with two small kids is something they don’t see every 5 mins.

But back to my bugbear - the coffee! I ain’t buying no coffee in exchange for someone telling me about going on holiday with small kids! Alex herself would t dream of paying for her own newsletter. The woman has done multiple Prime free trials and sees the tapas provided by Spanish bars as dinner. Meanwhile her baby is wearing a £7 bib & Peggy is wearing Liewood sandals. Which reflects her frugality MO - don’t pay for the small stuff so you can buy the nice stuff you really want. But despite her creators should be paid for their content mantra everything I have seen indicates there is no way she would pay for content if it was optional. She loves a freebie!

As for the glasses crusade I feel like suggesting the time devoted to the cause could be better spent discussing the working conditions of Amazon workers, or the impact of Covid on the Spanish tourism industry.

• Heart

BillieR

Chatty Member
I am working class. I grew up on a council estate. I live in a working class town. The way all the people on here talk about money and wealth and their personal struggles absolutely blows my mind because I am so far from any of that. I have never and will never see that kind of money or the lifestyles of all the people on this thread.

I have followed Alex for a few years because I liked her fashion and (I now know I'm the minority haha) I liked her home decor. HOWEVER! I absolutely knew from day 1 she was not poor/not well off, and could see she had money despite "the frugality".

She ain't kidding any of us genuine frugal, working class folk and never has!

• Heart

GiveMyHeadPeace

VIP Member
How can they relax with all that shit around them? There is no family living space for them to sit in!! Surrounded by boxes of crap. That must be so detrimental for their mental health.

FFS - Alex and Chris need to stop living like students and pull themselves together. Give their kids a family home to live & play in rather than a junk yard full of safety hazards.

Also the little grimace emoji that she has to work this evening. Except she’s been at an exhibition all day. That’s the GOOD thing about working for yourself. It’s a GREAT PRIVILEGE to spend the day with a friend looking at handbags and then CHOOSE to work in the evening instead. She literally doesn’t understand how life works...or she just can’t accept that Chris doesn’t bring home the bacon

jaymie

VIP Member
Why do I feel like both of them hardly shower. I honestly don't want to eat anything her husband cook, looks like his dandruff is doing to fall into my food, we cannot pretend that it is parmesan!

• Sick
Yeah that's why I haven't been joining in with this chat about the puffiness. I personally had a similarly puffy face before I started taking medication for an underactive thyroid and know how self conscious I was of it. So whilst it could be diet or the likes it could be a whole host of other things most of which are none of our business. I'm sure she is aware and doing what is suited to her so I think we should refrain from commenting on it too much

Readinginks

VIP Member
I think if she sorted her diet out, her skin would clear itself up. I’ve never known adults eat like they do. Pure carbs and unhealthy easy to make crap. If they had more fresh veg and fruit and much much much less salt…then I’m sure her bloating and skin would improve ten fold.
While I agree on their diet being awful, I’ve always eaten very fresh seasonal mostly vegetarian, I never smoked and barely touch alcohol yet have problematic skin. It’s not always that simple.

• Heart

MeWithTheHair

Dollar section at target?! Which US state is her bit of south London in, I forget?! Wtf is this crap. Just say Poundland yer bloody weirdo
B768093F-A3CB-4915-9A93-EA24458810FD.png

• Haha

jaymie

VIP Member
She completely missed the mark, she could be championing for vision poverty like poor people are unlikely to get their eye check or immigrants who don’t have access to vision care. Instead, she bangs on about wearing glasses.
Just like Lily Pebbles, who keeps banging on about mainstream media not using moles-heavy model, she should have speak up for regular mole checks.

• Heart
She definitely needs to do something different. She’s got a great eye for styling and fashion but the fiddling around at home with Tiger candles and fences is just woeful. Laura Fantacci managed to segue from being a fashion intern into high end stuff, albeit with a rich husband and family money, but at least she gives the impression she works on her magazine (even if it is just a vehicle for a million affiliate links) . People’s lives change, they grow up, get more disposable income and that’s ok. When Alex was a low paid fashion junior then her content did look aspirational which is what people want to see. Now it looks like needless penny pinching, bodging and a couple of bored adults rattling around living off passive income somehow. Chris needs to go and get some work outside of Alex’s business and Alex needs space to grow her business in a clearer direction. Enjoy the rest of the maternity leave, get a man in to finish off the tiling (for the love of god, please!), use your evenings to plan a clear career strategy and brush up Chris’s portfolio/CV and then come back off maternity with a new strategy (that doesn’t involve glasses, unless you plan to open an opticians).

• Heart

CyberNannies

I don’t know how people do it. The workman we had in to do some stuff in 👶🏼s room thought I was insane as I wanted blind cord ties on safety release blinds, and both cords either side doing even though one is just a single cord - I couldn’t ever feel comfortable with the alternative! I get that it’s ✨aesthetic✨ but toddlers are crazy you cannot predict what they’ll do! Makes me so sad to see x
It is all for the Gram.

Alex posted a grid photo of her youngest on the kitchen floor next to the breakfast bar with tablecloth over it and a lit candle on top. I think they sometimes live in a bubble where they forgot the glaring safety risks

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
This is a woman who had to have an expensive Burlington sink, with no storage underneath, in her bathroom at great cost because she liked how they look at the hoxton hotel. Where they don’t need any storage. Because it’s a fucking hotel, not the family bathroom in a four person home.

but it’s ok because you can put all your stuff underneath the sink in a basket and hide it behind a hand towel 🤣

• Haha

jaymie

VIP Member
Thank you for saying this. Before I discovered Tattle I would look up to these mummy influencers and think I was doing it all wrong, because we feel completely broke, spending all our money on childcare, the house a half-finished mess, and with no family help (financial or otherwise). I'd look and feel like shit, then see their feeds and feel ten times worse that I wasn't being 'savvy' enough to afford the lifestyle, outfits, homes and lovely holidays they have. It was only when I realised how many of them have family wealth to fall back on that I felt totally manipulated and that I'd been comparing myself to people with incredible and unattainable privileges.
I find reno accounts to be toxic too. I took me a while to understand that most of these people received some kind of help from their family. How do these people afford a 650k house and gut it out and replace it with a massive extension almost immediately.

• Heart