The Frugality #3 content is free, don’t care if it’s drivel, shopping in Sainsbury’s, pretending it’s Lidl

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I absolutely cant listen to any baby proofing advice from her after that ridiculous post with the bookshelves above the cot that loads of people rightly called her out on.
2B9B2D07-38A4-4E7C-963B-FF564C03090D.png

she claimed she has removed the shelf but is still there

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Plus all the stuff hanging off the cot - something tied at the bottom end - and the wardrobe door. Kids are so quick, so it’s another reason to tidy up!
Her sister NIcky wisos has always had really dangerous nurseries with lots of strangulation and suffocation hazards

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Her sister NIcky wisos has always had really dangerous nurseries with lots of strangulation and suffocation hazards
I don’t know how people do it. The workman we had in to do some stuff in 👶🏼s room thought I was insane as I wanted blind cord ties on safety release blinds, and both cords either side doing even though one is just a single cord - I couldn’t ever feel comfortable with the alternative! I get that it’s ✨aesthetic✨ but toddlers are crazy you cannot predict what they’ll do! Makes me so sad to see x

Reactions: 4
I don’t know how people do it. The workman we had in to do some stuff in 👶🏼s room thought I was insane as I wanted blind cord ties on safety release blinds, and both cords either side doing even though one is just a single cord - I couldn’t ever feel comfortable with the alternative! I get that it’s ✨aesthetic✨ but toddlers are crazy you cannot predict what they’ll do! Makes me so sad to see x
It is all for the Gram.

Alex posted a grid photo of her youngest on the kitchen floor next to the breakfast bar with tablecloth over it and a lit candle on top. I think they sometimes live in a bubble where they forgot the glaring safety risks

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
It is all for the Gram.

Alex posted a grid photo of her youngest on the kitchen floor next to the breakfast bar with tablecloth over it and a lit candle on top. I think they sometimes live in a bubble where they forgot the glaring safety risks
Apart from the OBVIOUS danger of lit candle and dangling fabric vs baby, I’m really confused by the need for a bit of oilcloth on the breakfast bar. It’s varnished wood, surely it’s wipe clean?

• Haha
She must have some unresolved trauma re glasses. The constant repulsively smug faces she pulls in glasses related reels are just ridiculous. I would understand if she was a teenager but hasn’t she grown out of that angst and discomfort you feel in your teens? Hasn’t she got better, you know more adult things to worry about snd lead conversations on?

Reactions: 9
I didn't need to see a close-up of her acne, but that explains the heavy handed foundation that she plasters over her entire face. Her pictures and videos are depressing me.

• Haha
I didn't need to see a close-up of her acne, but that explains the heavy handed foundation that she plasters over her entire face. Her pictures and videos are depressing me.
That Caudalie sponsorship really worked out well. I wonder what they think about her updates.

I think if she sorted her diet out, her skin would clear itself up. I’ve never known adults eat like they do. Pure carbs and unhealthy easy to make crap. If they had more fresh veg and fruit and much much much less salt…then I’m sure her bloating and skin would improve ten fold.

Reactions: 5
I think if she sorted her diet out, her skin would clear itself up. I’ve never known adults eat like they do. Pure carbs and unhealthy easy to make crap. If they had more fresh veg and fruit and much much much less salt…then I’m sure her bloating and skin would improve ten fold.
While I agree on their diet being awful, I’ve always eaten very fresh seasonal mostly vegetarian, I never smoked and barely touch alcohol yet have problematic skin. It’s not always that simple.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Apart from the OBVIOUS danger of lit candle and dangling fabric vs baby, I’m really confused by the need for a bit of oilcloth on the breakfast bar. It’s varnished wood, surely it’s wipe clean?
I think they were given lots of advice about the practicality of wood worktops going sticky etc. I can’t imagine it’s for style reasons as flappy cloth hanging over the fronts of cupboards must be a pain. Also I assume that breakfast bar is their main ‘table’ now they’ve shelved the dining table for another sofa.

Don’t think Alex has done this (yet)but sitting your baby on the island and them helping you cook - is something I see a lot on IG - Joe Wicks constantly and Lucy Meck this weeks

Reactions: 1
While I agree on their diet being awful, I’ve always eaten very fresh seasonal mostly vegetarian, I never smoked and barely touch alcohol yet have problematic skin. It’s not always that simple.
Totally agree with this. I have a very vegetable heavy diet, very little sugar and no smoking, alcohol or dairy (this makes me sound so boring lol) and have struggled with problem skin throughout my adulthood. Diet, expensive skin care and facials helped keep it under control a little, but the only thing that’s actually worked so far is pregnancy when clearly my hormones fundamentally shifted and gave me the best skin I’ve ever had!

That said, she could probably still do with improving diet a little- every little bit helps after all and health does start from the inside.

• Heart
I think they were given lots of advice about the practicality of wood worktops going sticky etc. I can’t imagine it’s for style reasons as flappy cloth hanging over the fronts of cupboards must be a pain. Also I assume that breakfast bar is their main ‘table’ now they’ve shelved the dining table for another sofa.
They can just re-finish them if they get sticky. But nope, maintaining something is too much for them, even the patio takes months to finish. Can you imagine scraping and re-oiling the worktops?

• Heart
A new shelf! That’s just the storage Alex’s needed!

🥴

(It feels like a parody at this stage.)

• Haha
FA7ACA36-A0A8-4509-9AE1-C9FE8FC89D8F.jpeg
duck off mate
This is what a lot of us do, it’s called working from home or even just working. I worked 8-6 today, got home fed the kids and myself, put them to bed and now I’m sat working on my computer and probably will be until midnight when I’ll start all over again.
You and your husband are work shy

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Why does being freelance make her lucky in that respect? Does she literally mean she doesn’t have to inform her boss that her child is sick and she will make up the time/take annual leave/whatever? Because that is what I would do and it wouldn’t be a big issue 😳 it’s like she thinks working for someone else means being a slave and you can’t “look after a sick baby when you need to”. Most employers aren’t monsters 😬

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.