The Frugality #3 content is free, don’t care if it’s drivel, shopping in Sainsbury’s, pretending it’s Lidl

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
83612508-CE75-41C2-A5E0-CB0E749576A1.png

The reasoning of a comfortable middle class: “You can’t buy a dress for £40”. Yes, Alex, you can. It may not be designer but are you really frugal if you don’t consider options other than high-end priced designer clothes?.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
No offence Alex but I will not be taking skincare advise from you, I don’t
View attachment 819435

The reasoning of a comfortable middle class: “You can’t buy a dress for £40”. Yes, Alex, you can. It may not be designer but are you really frugal if you don’t consider options other than high-end priced designer clothes?.
What is she on about! I got a great work dress from Asda the other day and most of my summer dresses are from charity shops

• Heart
Reactions: 5
In fairness she does say *I* couldn’t buy a dress for that not the universal *you* couldn’t buy a dress for £40, but very bizarre considering her whole content schtick is meant to be low cost/budgeting…?

Also the extension / shape of kitchen is weird. Why wouldn’t you at that expense give yourself a bit more room. I didn’t realise until the ill thought our tour of doom how pokey is it.

Nothing wrong of course with a smaller house, just don’t load it with so many crap filled baskets
Her kitchen is 7.2 meters long and 3.5 meters wide, giving them approximately 25 square meters of kitchen. I would hardly call it small.

Reactions: 7
Her kitchen is 7.2 meters long and 3.5 meters wide, giving them approximately 25 square meters of kitchen. I would hardly call it small.
That’s more than half of our entire flat! How do they make it look so small? (rhetorical question)

I just can’t bring myself to believe that. Less green than throwing them away doesn’t equate to less green than buying more fast fashion that people don’t actually need.
I think borrowing clothes from strangers is a brilliant thing in moderation. Subscriptions to stores where they post you multiple items a month not so much. But it’s perfect for a wedding guest dress. I had a ton of dresses I bought for weddings that I’m unlikely to wear again.

Reactions: 8

You are correct and I am wrong - it is not small.
I meant more along the lines of they’ve paid loads for an extension and it seems poorly thought out.
I can’t understand why they didn’t do storage cupboards etc on the opp wall to kitchen.
I couldn’t live with the amount of crap everywhere

Reactions: 1
You are correct and I am wrong - it is not small.
I meant more along the lines of they’ve paid loads for an extension and it seems poorly thought out.
I can’t understand why they didn’t do storage cupboards etc on the opp wall to kitchen.
I couldn’t live with the amount of crap everywhere
She has a kitchen for a 1-2 bed flat, then again one should ask why should 2 ‘students’ own a big kitchen

Reactions: 3
She’s advertising Skin + Me on her story. It’s a prescription (includes tretinoin), and it is against the law to advertise prescription medication.

Every day she strays further from her brand, it feels so hodgepodge watching her desperately shill anything with ‘chic’ branding that will pay her. It’s not frugal to pay for private healthcare, yet here she is recommending a £19.99 a month subscription for something you’d get a 3 month supply from your GP for £9.35.

I know people have been reported to ASA before for the same ads and I have no idea how the company keeps getting away with it!

Reactions: 11
Subscription services are not something I would expect anyone who is encouraging frugality to promote. They are the worst way to fritter money away without realising it.

Reactions: 10
She is addicted to shopping, why would you buy another mirror to hang on your already busy wall?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Why on earth doesn’t she sort her sinuses out?! It sounds disgusting and she must snore like a train when she sleeps. No idea what the point of the make up ‘tutorial’ was 🤷🏼‍♀️ Poorly applied and basic.
She is very nasal isn’t she!?

Reactions: 3
She’s mentioned babyproofing a lot lately. My money is on an - ever so organic - advert coming next week on this.

Otherwise baby proofing is simple - move stuff, get lock thingys for drawers/cupboards and move dangerous or breakable stuff!

I can’t skip through thirty stupid glasses stories every Friday.

🤯🤯🤯

Her account, her choice, but damn she must be haemorrhaging followers.

Reactions: 7
She’s mentioned babyproofing a lot lately. My money is on an - ever so organic - advert coming next week on this.

Otherwise baby proofing is simple - move stuff, get lock thingys for drawers/cupboards and move dangerous or breakable stuff!
I absolutely cant listen to any baby proofing advice from her after that ridiculous post with the bookshelves above the cot that loads of people rightly called her out on.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.