The Frugality #3 content is free, don’t care if it’s drivel, shopping in Sainsbury’s, pretending it’s Lidl

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I guess most people would do a side return extension to make the room more spacious at the back but I suppose a double storey extension is mOrE fRuGaL, especially one you pretend doesn’t exist, so there’s that 🤷🏽. I feel like she cuts off her nose to spite her face half the time, just so it’s on brand.

Reactions: 4
Listening to her latest story is like for me someone scratching their nails against a chalkboard. For the love of god, why wouldn’t you get your sinuses cleared. She clearly can’t breathe properly!!! It’s awful to listen to
My nickname for her is Clicky. Listen to the clicking noises when she speaks. I thought she had severe dry mouth before I realised it was her sinuses.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
My nickname for her is Clicky. Listen to the clicking noises when she speaks. I thought she had severe dry mouth before I realised it was her sinuses.
I don’t why it irritates me so much but it does! No one can help having a large tongue which she clearly has it’s too large for her mouth but you can do something about your sinuses. It must effect her walking, sleeping and breathing etc!

Reactions: 1
I still can't get over that they've pretty much hidden the existance of a whole room in their house o_O 🤯
Wild isn’t it. I hope her sister didn’t get grief for confirming it. (and there was speculation long before so it really was only confirmation).

Influencers are under no obligation to share anything/everything and of course it’s ok to keep some things private but the secret second story is such an odd omission when so much has been shared about the extension construction, layout, even how it’s been financed etc.

Even thinking about how carefully cropped all their photos of the back/side of the house & garden must be.. gosh. And all for what reason? If it was the front of the house of course security comes into it but otherwise?

And then to so casually show it in a ‘look how messy we are!’ reel makes it even more suss.

We’re here to gossip and speculate anyway but I wouldn’t be surprised if even loyal followers of Alex feel deceived.

Reactions: 7
She is so strange, if the previous owner were to leave their crap in the house that I am buying, I will make sure it is out of the house within 1st month. Why leave it in your cupboard for 1 year.

I’m sure you guys share the horrified grimace my face makes when I accidentally start tapping through her glasses stories again

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m sure you guys share the horrified grimace my face makes when I accidentally start tapping through her glasses stories again
Yes!

On hiding the second storey of the extension I think it’s purely because it doesn’t tie in with her frugal angle and would expose them as the frauds they are. One minute they’re begging for free coffee, the next they’re spending tens of thousands on a double storey extension. Pair of grifters, nothing more nothing less.

Reactions: 9
Imagine moaning about the work created by going back to work after maternity leave and then finding the time to find a million pictures of people wearing glasses to post to your stories. What is Chris doing while she does this work? I’m fascinated to understand how he fills his days!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Imagine moaning about the work created by going back to work after maternity leave and then finding the time to find a million pictures of people wearing glasses to post to your stories. What is Chris doing while she does this work? I’m fascinated to understand how he fills his days!
he’s probably stoned and dicking about on his computer

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’m foreign: what’s the big deal about a double height extension vs a single height extension? Why would she hide it?

Reactions: 3
Her kitchen extension blog is funny to read in hindsight. We couldn’t afford a side return 😢 as it was double the cost 😢 so we just did a small kitchen extension 😢 we saved on the kitchen by having a free IKEA consultation and then did it ourselves 😢 with diy kitchens. We couldn’t afford underfloor heating 😢 so we got a radiator 😢we couldn’t afford Crittal windows 😢 so we got aluminium ones 😢 they didn’t “prioritise us” so I won’t tell you where they came from 😢.

No wonder it took 5 months though - I always wondered why their builders were so slow with such a small extension and now we know why - there was twice the amount of work involved!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Also the extension / shape of kitchen is weird. Why wouldn’t you at that expense give yourself a bit more room. I didn’t realise until the ill thought our tour of doom how pokey is it.

Nothing wrong of course with a smaller house, just don’t load it with so many crap filled baskets
Wow I wish my kitchen was as big as hers. If that's pokey good knows what you'd call mine 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Wow I wish my kitchen was as big as hers. If that's pokey good knows what you'd call mine 😂
For a reasonable sized London terrace it is quite small. I had a smaller two bed flat a bit closer into London and ours was about the same size. If they’d worked with a decent draughtsman she would have been able to do much more. I think she designed the layout herself as they only paid someone to draw up plans for the planning application.

Like all things Alex, she scrimps on the important (properly designed home, good food, decent furniture/storage) to focus on the trivial details.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
For a reasonable sized London terrace it is quite small. I had a smaller two bed flat a bit closer into London and ours was about the same size. If they’d worked with a decent draughtsman she would have been able to do much more. I think she designed the layout herself as they only paid someone to draw up plans for the planning application.

Like all things Alex, she scrimps on the important (properly designed home, good food, decent furniture/storage) to focus on the trivial details.
I know what you’re saying as she did pay to have it extended so it’s weird it’s ended up a bit tit, but ime flats always seem to better reflect how modern families/people live as they tend to have been built more recently than Victorian or even post war properties, so it’s not always fair to compare the two.

Then you’ve got the debate on removing precious green space for a marginally bigger kitchen! 😳

The made a mess of the kitchen/living area they designed, most likely on the back of an envelope, it would have been a good space but they stuck in a toilet/cloakroom opening into the area, the layout of it means there is a huge waste of space from the kitchen door down to the end of the kitchen units on one side and it’s basically just a walkway. Then they stuck in a sofa and armchairs and bitty furniture and had to get rid of the kitchen table.

I know what you’re saying as she did pay to have it extended so it’s weird it’s ended up a bit tit, but ime flats always seem to better reflect how modern families/people live as they tend to have been built more recently than Victorian or even post war properties, so it’s not always fair to compare the two.

Then you’ve got the debate on removing precious green space for a marginally bigger kitchen! 😳
My flat was a Victorian conversion so much less flexible in terms of layout potential than her house!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.