The Frugality #3 content is free, don’t care if it’s drivel, shopping in Sainsbury’s, pretending it’s Lidl

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He works full time on the newsletter with her.
Im really intrigued by how much money influencers can make from Instagram. Liked does her odd sponsored post and the newsletter content really earn enough money to pay them both a salary enough to support a family and mortgage in London? Surely it can't be that lucrative for a low ranking influencer? She was begging for tips (or coffees) only the other week.
I'm baffled.

Reactions: 3
Alex is carrying a bit of weight post baby 2, so am I & I presume I’m not alone. I’d love her to do a styling series.

Reactions: 6
Im really intrigued by how much money influencers can make from Instagram. Liked does her odd sponsored post and the newsletter content really earn enough money to pay them both a salary enough to support a family and mortgage in London? Surely it can't be that lucrative for a low ranking influencer? She was begging for tips (or coffees) only the other week.
I'm baffled.
Someone pointed out how many matches she’d sold the other week. I think when you added it up it was nearly £18k they’d made from them on the first run, yes there’ll be costs from that but still….plus the affiliate links she gets from her newsletter probably get her a fair bit. She could afford an extended maternity leave plus both of them to take a month off not long after and they’re going on holiday soon….

• Wow
She’s done ads for some big brands over recent weeks. Gumtree, HP, illy coffee, John Lewis, caudalie, Christie towels, those pan things. I think she’s probably one of the better influencers in terms of padding them out (which is probably why all their DIY takes so long so they can string it out) and being selective about what brands she works with. The ads would be thousands per post and then add on the free food, the matches (for people with money to literally burn) and the aff link income that probably keeps things ticking over nicely. I wonder whether she will ever bother with the other account again?

Reactions: 4
My friend is a fairly low level blogger but she recently got paid 3k for one skincare ad. Ten mins of work for a months wages for some people

• Wow
Reactions: 4
My friend is a fairly low level blogger but she recently got paid 3k for one skincare ad. Ten mins of work for a months wages for some people
And this is when I feel even worse, as a librarian at one of the top universities in London I don’t even earn that much a month 😩

Earning well at the moment is all well and good, but don’t these influencers get worried for the future? At least the ones with husbands in good jobs don’t need a back up plan. What are Alex and Chris going to do in 10/20/30 years when Instagram influencing may not be as lucrative as it is now?
(Also, I think these 2 do a lot better than they like to imply, which does leave a bad taste in my mouth. The role-playing-poor thing that’s been mentioned on here before.)

Reactions: 13
They only play at being frugal/low income. Alex makes a good income from her Adverts, it is a lifestyle choice for Chris to work alongside her. She seems to be able to pick and chose when to work/when to have time off.

She makes a big deal of ‘saving up’ for stuff but she has to have the income to enable her to save. Her recent savings covered her extended maternity leave, her wardrobe doors, her patio tiles. Practically everything she buys for the house is what she ‘saved’ for. In reality, she has enough money left over after paying her mortgage/household/living/childcare costs to buy these things, might take a few months to afford some of the larger items, but isn’t that the same for most people. Anyone who buys sofa number four for a three bedroom house, even if it just cost £150, is certainly not hard-up in the true sense.

Reactions: 9
Earning well at the moment is all well and good, but don’t these influencers get worried for the future? At least the ones with husbands in good jobs don’t need a back up plan. What are Alex and Chris going to do in 10/20/30 years when Instagram influencing may not be as lucrative as it is now?
(Also, I think these 2 do a lot better than they like to imply, which does leave a bad taste in my mouth. The role-playing-poor thing that’s been mentioned on here before.)
My guess is that they must have money in investments that they can draw on when times really get tough. I wouldn't be surprised if they're already maxing out their pension contributions each year either. Which is the only thing that can explain the husband not doing anything whatsoever (which honestly gives me the ick). Don't get me wrong I love it when people have flexibility over their work lives and can have more time to themselves but these two just take the piss. Especially since they are (compared to the test of the country) living in relative luxury. Which definitely makes the role playing even more disgusting.

Like ok Alex had a period of time in her life when she had to live 'frugally' but her parents were probably still supporting her then and she is FAR off from the frugal lifestyle she claims to have now. (Also from what I've read is that the sister runs the parents business now? That business must be making/must have made good money to fund the sisters' lifestyle too, that is unless her husband actually works)

Reactions: 2
I wonder how long the kitchen will last before she replaces it. I still think about the fact she didn’t realise she should match the carcasses to the doors and then discovered that the white interiors could be seen when the doors were shut. If I remember rightly she fixed the problem through a cunning solution suggested by her sister - masking tape on the edges? 😱 Being frugal should mean spending wisely not doing things on the cheap, agree with others that she “saves” money in a performative way.

Reactions: 5
That video is weirder than normal 🤣🤣 think it lingered on the smiling for a little too long!

What I’m still not understanding is how she seems to have dropped the frugality Instagram and is now just using her non business one but is using it as a business one with adverts….seriously makes no sense why doesn’t she just delete the frugality

• Haha
My guess is that they must have money in investments that they can draw on when times really get tough. I wouldn't be surprised if they're already maxing out their pension contributions each year either. Which is the only thing that can explain the husband not doing anything whatsoever (which honestly gives me the ick). Don't get me wrong I love it when people have flexibility over their work lives and can have more time to themselves but these two just take the piss. Especially since they are (compared to the test of the country) living in relative luxury. Which definitely makes the role playing even more disgusting.

Like ok Alex had a period of time in her life when she had to live 'frugally' but her parents were probably still supporting her then and she is FAR off from the frugal lifestyle she claims to have now. (Also from what I've read is that the sister runs the parents business now? That business must be making/must have made good money to fund the sisters' lifestyle too, that is unless her husband actually works)
I believe her sisters husband has a good job (possibly in the city)

She's never been really frugal, when she had all the frugal saving to buy the latest Bella Frued all she would do is eat nothing for a week to save money! It was all bullshit back then as it is now. She makes decent money but I do wonder how they can choose not to have that husband not work, anyone that can buy that house and renovate, and we're talking tens of thousands maybe hundred thousand + with the double extension is doing alright. She's just full of bullshit & contradictions. I don't understand why she has a following now really, I've finally unfollowed today after that smug silent walking shot. Just get your nose sorted Alex you sound vile!

Reactions: 7
Not Alex related as such….but the irony of her sister using her child to advertise a freebie book she got about teaching kids about boundaries and privacy….

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Sorry I am just trying to understand her house. She has her bedroom, The kids room and one spare bedroom and office (double storey extension room) upstairs? I am just confused as to where the new cupboard has gone in?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.