The Frugality #3 content is free, don’t care if it’s drivel, shopping in Sainsbury’s, pretending it’s Lidl

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s not much to understand, it’s a standard Victorian 3 bed semi with one narrower bedroom at the back (the spare room, which got extended). Downstairs they also have 3 rooms - from front to back living room, study and kitchen diner.
Edit: similar to the attached, except that they have put a small ensuite in the large bedroom, and have a downstairs loo between the study and kitchen.

Attachments

Reactions: 1
Yes a few years ago - https://the-frugality.com/interiors-update-study/

edit to add:
Skimming that blog post she says the house had no pipes, heating or kitchen. Doesn’t that mean it wouldn’t be mortgageable? But surely they didn’t fork out £600k cash for it? Does anyone know how that could work lol.
If you have a big enough deposit, like a third of the price, you could probably would get one. Noticed she had a Smythson diary! Very frugal. 😬

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Lots of the Red magazine crew used to wax lyrical about the need for a Smythson diary. I reckon they were all gifted / heavily discounted and in Alex’s here is just undeclared.

This makes the whole frugal angle a total joke. Imagine receiving hundreds of pounds of free gifts and clothes regularly? Easy to appear ‘frugal’ when you don’t pay for clothes, stationary, beauty products, candles etc.

She is not skint and constantly saving up like she portrays. I’ve lived in London with two kids at her age (somewhere far less desirable too) and there is no way we could live in a self employed salary in the way they do. We couldn’t do that to put food on the table, never mind to go out for meals, go on breaks and do expensive renovations.

it’s all a sham.

Reactions: 16
Lots of the Red magazine crew used to wax lyrical about the need for a Smythson diary. I reckon they were all gifted / heavily discounted and in Alex’s here is just undeclared.

This makes the whole frugal angle a total joke. Imagine receiving hundreds of pounds of free gifts and clothes regularly? Easy to appear ‘frugal’ when you don’t pay for clothes, stationary, beauty products, candles etc.

She is not skint and constantly saving up like she portrays. I’ve lived in London with two kids at her age (somewhere far less desirable too) and there is no way we could live in a self employed salary in the way they do. We couldn’t do that to put food on the table, never mind to go out for meals, go on breaks and do expensive renovations.

it’s all a sham.
London has notoriously cheap nurseries 😂😂
They send both kids there so they can have a lie in and paint the fence

• Haha
Reactions: 5

it’s all a sham.
She’s always banging on “free make up doesn’t pay the mortgage” aye it doesn’t but it’d save me a few £100 so would the free clothes/food/art/towels/bedding etc etc

Reactions: 10
Please - the bathroom ‘needs’ a refresh…it looks perfectly fine; they’re just stuffing around for ‘content’

Reactions: 8
Please - the bathroom ‘needs’ a refresh…it looks perfectly fine; they’re just stuffing around for ‘content’
What it needs IMO is a complete declutter! So much crap in a small space makes it look awful

Reactions: 9
Yeah, repainting the bathroom secures them at least another 6 months of painting content 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Yeah, repainting the bathroom secures them at least another 6 months of painting content 😂
Literally a 90 minute job split over 3 nights.

Scrape and fill - night one
Sand and paint with Peel Stop/primer - night 2
Two coats of paint - night 3

I look forward to being treated of 3 months “painting the bathroom”.

Reactions: 5
I know I am very critical of her gallery wall, but not all walls need to be hang with prints. Keep it to one side of the wall, and perhaps 1 or 2 max in others.

Reactions: 4
I’m sure she’s a nice, lovely woman to her friends and family but she’s so so so dull and her content is literally like watching paint dry.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
4D10A53B-09E2-45C7-B73A-E0DE76ECFD1C.jpeg

just because they’re cheap doesn’t mean they’re nice. Wonder which poor sod will get these for Christmas 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
That’d be getting ‘accidentally’ knocked off the table…absolutely hideous….are they to go with her tiger 50p candles

Reactions: 3
I don’t know why this annoys me and I know this has been mentioned before but for the love of god I wish she’d sort out her nasal issues! I find it hard to even listen to her latest ‘AD’ about skincare. It sounds like she has a mouth full of saliva all time because she’s unable to breathe through her nose. She must snore so badly. Why wouldn’t you get it sorted?

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.