The Frugality #3 content is free, don’t care if it’s drivel, shopping in Sainsbury’s, pretending it’s Lidl

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Completely. I can see the patio tiles going the same way because they haven’t done it properly, which could potentially cause water damage to the house.
i wondered about these, you would typically have ecodrains along the perimeter of the house or a reverse fall and drainage at the end.

Reactions: 3
Why don’t they just pay someone to lay the tiles? It wouldn’t cost that much as it’s a small area and at least it’d be done right. There’s some things that aren’t worth your time especially if you don’t know what you’re doing!

Reactions: 12
Why don’t they just pay someone to lay the tiles? It wouldn’t cost that much as it’s a small area and at least it’d be done right. There’s some things that aren’t worth your time especially if you don’t know what you’re doing!
They're doing it slowly in the hope someone will offer to do it and prob supply the rest of the tiles to finish the job!

Reactions: 5
But the caption. “Working around two kids and full time work”. WHHHHAAAAATTTTTT. WHATTTTT. No seriously she doesn’t think that’s full time work does she?! No seriously but SERIOUSLY!!!????

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
But the caption. “Working around two kids and full time work”. WHHHHAAAAATTTTTT. WHATTTTT. No seriously she doesn’t think that’s full time work does she?! No seriously but SERIOUSLY!!!????
Listen up, it takes so much time to write a newsletter in which you include quality content (like take your kids to the park as it’s free) 😂😂

Reactions: 5
She’s is the Emperor’s New Clothes and people are still falling for it.

Reactions: 4
I just the post and came her for the reaction! Please tell me Chris has picked up some freelance work as she cannot genuinely think he is 'full time'.
Lord give me strength!

Reactions: 6
Given that he was still sleeping at 10am while she drunk coffee in the garden a few days ago I suspect there is no freelance work for Chris

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Watching that reel made me remember how much they lack practical thinking and don’t really plan ahead which you’d think they would’ve developed having done diy projects for the past 4-5 years. That very first f*d up tile is in the most visible spot. My most basic rule of doing anything for the first time: start where the result will be least visible and hopefully as your skill improves as you work your way through it you will finish with the nicest work in the best spot!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
That’s some very frugal #kindlygifted hand soap she’s repping today 🙄

There’s also something to be said here about accessibility to sustainable / quality products where the upfront cost locks out a lot of people even if it works out cheaper in the long run. Like this stuff might last longer and be much better for your skin and the planet but who has £40 to spend in one hit on hand wash? (No I don’t need another glass bottle thanks).

I thought I was splashing the cash last week when I bought a big refill pouch of M&S hemp hand wash at £7.50 with a 30% off voucher 🤣

Attachments

Reactions: 4
686ECE05-067B-409E-B93F-33B89E1E5479.png

give me strength!! It’s a nice warm day in London, get out there and finish the damn patio off

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I think the point of this might be he’s a fanny and has bought way too much tile adhesive- 2 bags would do that patio!
I thought it was just me thinking that was waaaay too much!
I’d also be concerned about one of the kids ripping the bags opening and it getting everywhere/them eating it! All that cardboard packaging she showed before would also be swiftly ripped up or coloured on it my house, so her children are absolute angels, or there is a lot more babyproofing than she shows!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.