The Frugality #3 content is free, don’t care if it’s drivel, shopping in Sainsbury’s, pretending it’s Lidl

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Admittedly I haven’t bought a new pair of glasses in about seven years (as unlike Alex, I don’t buy a new pair every six month), so I might be terribly wrong, but £125 for a pair doesn’t seem super affordable to me.

Reactions: 2
Admittedly I haven’t bought a new pair of glasses in about seven years (as unlike Alex, I don’t buy a new pair every six month), so I might be terribly wrong, but £125 for a pair doesn’t seem super affordable to me.
If you wear it everyday, I would say they are quite reasonable.
I got a pair from Bailey Nelson last year, the cost does add up. It is expensive if you need glass thinning. I added blue light filter for £20-30 too, some everything come up to £160.

Reactions: 1
I would say glasses around the £125 are affordable but purchasing more often than your standard two yearly sight test is not typical

I purchased from ace & Tate at my last test and recall Alex buying from them a few months later (because it’s not a common company and so it stood out) but in the time I’ve had that one pair (under two years) she’s bought the clear ace & tates, the round tortoiseshells and the dark double nose bridge ones.

I wonder if she sees them as a ‘prop’ for her insta so has multiple to change her look?

Reactions: 6
I would say glasses around the £125 are affordable but purchasing more often than your standard two yearly sight test is not typical

I purchased from ace & Tate at my last test and recall Alex buying from them a few months later (because it’s not a common company and so it stood out) but in the time I’ve had that one pair (under two years) she’s bought the clear ace & tates, the round tortoiseshells and the dark double nose bridge ones.

I wonder if she sees them as a ‘prop’ for her insta so has multiple to change her look?
My apologies. As I said, I’ve had the same glasses since about 2013 and my eyesight hasn’t changed since. I do have two pairs though that I bought at the same time from Specsavers for about £90 in bundle offer. So I have periods of wearing one pair more than the other and then switch them and it feels like I got a new pair. I’m a fairly clumsy person when it comes to glasses so I thought this would prevent me from being blind for day or two when I smash them, but of course I haven’t had any accidents since I got two pairs 😂

Reactions: 3
Her insta story about how they now use cauliflower rather than chicken because it’s cheaper 😩😩😩 Jesus.
Bet no-one had ever thought to use veg instead of meat to save money….groundbreaking
Anyone dare to ask if she got it in Sainsbury’s or Lidl 😂
Also it’s absolutely swimming in oil, which may be the choice of curry paste but 🤢….I thought the wonder pan didn’t need any

Reactions: 5
Cue incoming angry series of Instagram stories showing the world’s most beautiful women in large glasses, proving nothing other than the fact that the world’s most beautiful women can wear virtually anything and still look beautiful.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Cue incoming angry series of Instagram stories showing the world’s most beautiful women in large glasses, proving nothing other than the fact that the world’s most beautiful women can wear virtually anything and still look beautiful.
Ha! Nailed it - some pictures of people with glasses like hers in stories today 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I know there was some discussion about Alex holding onto her blog and newsletter. Maybe there’s about to be a ‘well played, Alex’ moment…

Instagram appears to be retiring the SWIPE UP and some accounts already have ‘product stickers’ instead that link you straight to the retailer/webpage.

I wonder if this is the end of affiliate links and the 10k milestone on Instagram? Maybe influencers will need to direct their followers to their blog or newsletter to get those all important affiliate cookies on your device? 🤔

Instagram gets rid of swipe up

24395B12-0EEC-433F-AA13-02A596623EA2.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Oh wow! Is this the beginning of the end for influencers making a living from swipe ups x

Reactions: 6
Oh wow! Is this the beginning of the end for influencers making a living from swipe ups x
Nah it's still exactly the same. Just means it's a sticker to press rather than a swipe up. I've seen people who already have it. Instagram says the benefits of it are:
- everyone can use it not just those with over 10k followers
- people will now be able reply to stories with links in
- they can monitor what links are being shared to crack down on spam.

I wonder if it will make it easier to spot affiliate links too as you can't see the address until you swipe up at the moment.

Reactions: 4
I’ve just looked at a story with a link sticker. It takes you straight to the retailer, then the retailer redirects you to their website.

Where would the affiliate link be in that chain? I wonder if Instagram is making a commission now, rather than the influencer?

Nah it's still exactly the same. Just means it's a sticker to press rather than a swipe up. I've seen people who already have it. Instagram says the benefits of it are:
- everyone can use it not just those with over 10k followers
- people will now be able reply to stories with links in
- they can monitor what links are being shared to crack down on spam.

I wonder if it will make it easier to spot affiliate links too as you can't see the address until you swipe up at the moment.
This is actually a really good move in my opinion as instagram isn’t only about daft influencers but many creatives who have a small business may not have over 10k followers and will be able to promote their own work in this way.

Reactions: 9
Yes the stickers allows links, it's exactly the same as swipe up, just opening for all so I could in theory add my own links if I wished.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.