The Frugality #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those food cubes her sister sent...WTF...£25 for 8 meals for a baby...someone is laughing all the way to the bank with that one...16 cubes of puréed veg must only cost a couple of quid.
excellent for tired mums...painting that fence had really taken it out of them
Didn’t send her a donation for coffee 🙄

Reactions: 3
That little table and bench looks super flimsy; and yet more clutter! It probably wouldn’t survive in the weather outside if can’t withstand hot plates!

I also take issue with the ‘parent life’ comment on the swim nappies and crap all over her husband’s desk. Yes, kids can be tornadoes, but they are messy people who just don’t have proper storage or any organisational skills. Our swim nappies are in the cupboard, and if they get taken out - by us orby toddler - they get put back in!

Reactions: 9
Yes, it would have taken less time to pick up the nappies and put them away wherever they store them than it would have had to take the photo, post and write the caption. I actually don’t know how he could have sat working there with the mess on his desk.

But they are very lacking with storage - bitty pieces of furniture that are useless for storage and she has a fixation with ‘chic’ baskets, to stick underneath sideboards or just leave on the floor or wherever. The living area of the kitchen is a disaster - a sideboard with random stuff ’styled’ on top and baskets stuffed underneath, a butlers block thing with more ‘styled’ items, a side table (or two), a sofa (because a sofa in the living room and in an upstairs room just aren’t enough), a kitchen table which seems to come and go. The whole house Is the same - bitty side tables, baskets, chairs, etc all over the house and no proper storage. Clutter everywhere. The garden is going the same way/.

Reactions: 6
Yes, it would have taken less time to pick up the nappies and put them away wherever they store them than it would have had to take the photo, post and write the caption. I actually don’t know how he could have sat working there with the mess on his desk.

But they are very lacking with storage - bitty pieces of furniture that are useless for storage and she has a fixation with ‘chic’ baskets, to stick underneath sideboards or just leave on the floor or wherever. The living area of the kitchen is a disaster - a sideboard with random stuff ’styled’ on top and baskets stuffed underneath, a butlers block thing with more ‘styled’ items, a side table (or two), a sofa (because a sofa in the living room and in an upstairs room just aren’t enough), a kitchen table which seems to come and go. The whole house Is the same - bitty side tables, baskets, chairs, etc all over the house and no proper storage. Clutter everywhere. The garden is going the same way/.
I like home accounts/influencers who are aspirational....I do not aspire to that level of clutter and tat

Reactions: 7
She is trying to come across as a scatty parent who is too busy to tidy up. That would all be grand if she and her husband worked 40 hour weeks and were just too exhausted like the rest of us to tidy up. Like I’ve said before it’s almost like her and Chris skipped the bit about being adults and just continued living in student digs except with kids and so much cluttter. She is the middle class equivalent of mrs hinch in that while mrs hinch attracts the crushed grey velvet and live laugh love brigade while Alex is channelling Oliver bonas and laredoute rugs like the hoopers the Telford or any of those other blaggers. What they both have in common is a love of tatty storage baskets

• Heart
Reactions: 12

The butlers block is the most insane thing ever. Such a waste of real estate space with so little offering.
She is trying to come across as a scatty parent who is too busy to tidy up. That would all be grand if she and her husband worked 40 hour weeks and were just too exhausted like the rest of us to tidy up. Like I’ve said before it’s almost like her and Chris skipped the bit about being adults and just continued living in student digs except with kids and so much cluttter. She is the middle class equivalent of mrs hinch in that while mrs hinch attracts the crushed grey velvet and live laugh love brigade while Alex is channelling Oliver bonas and laredoute rugs like the hoopers the Telford or any of those other blaggers. What they both have in common is a love of tatty storage baskets
I keep seeing the Hoopers here, can you link her profile

The hoopers are “father of daughters” the wife clemmie was mother of daughters until her little incident and she is no longer on social media

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Her living room does resemble the sale section of an Oliver Bonas shop.
All of that era of mummy blogger’s houses look like this. Is it where a lot of brands stopped gifting them stuff circa 2018/9 so they’re in that time warp of tat?

I’ve never seen anyone who’s actually paying for their house to be done choose this tit...

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She’s just sooo working class and relatable. Never knew what one does in a garden before now!
3723585C-3E13-497A-A250-43F3F2AFF4DC.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Such a not child friendly garden. That Danish Pastry woman used to comment a lot in the ladies My Bum Look 40 blog,

Reactions: 1
For any Irish people out there that table gives me serious May Altar or Marian Shrine vibes. Creepy candles and flowers

Reactions: 5
Again uncomfortable! Why would you want to spend an evening on flimsy mental chair & a bench. Something solid with a back for me please.

Reactions: 9
“I never quite got my head around a garden before”?!! Yeah real tricky concept that one. Is she trolling us?! 😂

• Haha
I used to follow Alex a while back and I've just caught up on her and I can't believe how downhill she's gone. Her house looks terrible- loads of insta trends that were done ages ago and SO MUCH CLUTTER EVERYWHERE

I cannot get over her asking for cash from her followers!! I actually can't quite believe she did that. Two people I follow use the 'Ko-fi' system, and they post about it very occasionally. But they are both highly knowledgeable and are experts in their field, they give up huge chunks of their time to provide information and content to people. Crucially for me though, they don't do adverts OR publicise gifted stuff they've been given? So they do actually provide all of their content for free. Alex on the other hand, has a feed full of paid adverts, makes money off affiliate links and constantly displays all of the free stuff she's been given. How cheeky can you be to then say 'I provide my content for free'.... no you don't? Honestly, I'm actually appalled that she had the nerve to ask people to give her cash.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I used to follow Alex a while back and I've just caught up on her and I can't believe how downhill she's gone. Her house looks terrible- loads of insta trends that were done ages ago and SO MUCH CLUTTER EVERYWHERE

I cannot get over her asking for cash from her followers!! I actually can't quite believe she did that. Two people I follow use the 'Ko-fi' system, and they post about it very occasionally. But they are both highly knowledgeable and are experts in their field, they give up huge chunks of their time to provide information and content to people. Crucially for me though, they don't do adverts OR publicise gifted stuff they've been given? So they do actually provide all of their content for free. Alex on the other hand, has a feed full of paid adverts, makes money off affiliate links and constantly displays all of the free stuff she's been given. How cheeky can you be to then say 'I provide my content for free'.... no you don't? Honestly, I'm actually appalled that she had the nerve to ask people to give her cash.
Very well put. The biggest issue I have is that she seems annoyed at the fact that she provides her content “for free”.

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.