The Frugality #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cheap white bread, gifted Odd Boxes and a lot of clutter.

As you were...

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Phew. Was worried a new thread hadn’t been made!

Anyway, she says she’s not bought herself anything this year, so bought some new sneakers.
We’re only 18 days into the year ffs 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

348BAB86-2C27-49CE-9658-6B23792B81A6.png

• Haha
Reactions: 5
“Normalising no caption”. COME ON ALEX. NONE OF THIS IS REAL. You’re hardly starting a revolution here.

... She’s just so pompous, so unaware of the real world turning around her. Of people grafting and dreaming and creating and even making things better for those around them. Maybe ‘normalising’ some real life things that need to be changed. Instead she does her performative click-tivism letting us know every time she donates £1 and using language that should really be reserved for those doing real life work.

Sorry for the rant! So irritated by the self righteousness today!!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I don’t know if I’m just tight.. but filling your house full of art and then also having it all mounted and framed isn’t very frugal?!

also things such as buying trendy art and fancy ceramic olive oil bottles.. when she mentions there’s a hole in the roof and the outside of the house is a state?

Reactions: 10
She is just so slow at doing everything, it would drive me mad to live with her! I imagine he is just as slow 😂
Wonder how many months it will take her to hang those pictures up, and how much she will bore everyone with the details.
Also don’t get me started on that room filled with junk! Just sort the bloody room out! Do it when the kids are in bed or with the little one strapped to you. I managed to build a greenhouse with a 5 month old strapped to me 😂😂

Reactions: 4
Those loose tiles are WILD. How much extra could it have cost to have a builder sort that out while they were doing the kitchen? If I was saving up for anything, as she daily proclaims, it would be for that!

Reactions: 6
I had a look at the tiles and wow. Why oh why would you prioritise everything they've done over fixing that? (Obviously we've discussed this before and the answer is because the inside has to be gram-worthy, but surely the front path would also be a good place to take outfit pics and those sort of tiles are really trendy now)

Reactions: 4
I had a look at the tiles and wow. Why oh why would you prioritise everything they've done over fixing that? (Obviously we've discussed this before and the answer is because the inside has to be gram-worthy, but surely the front path would also be a good place to take outfit pics and those sort of tiles are really trendy now)
Especially if Peggy is picking at them, she could take a finger off 😩

Trendy porch tiles and a lick of paint to the front door would be an ideal place for her outfit photos. Especially didn’t since she once say she was heckled taking photos in the street and it was really upsetting?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
That’s crazy to leave the tiles and front of the house like that - but I get it, inside has to be good for the ‘gram!
Would drive you mad trying to get a pram over it all the time, and surely more of a trip hazard in ice?
I also don’t get the mess and complaints about storage - just sort it (and I say this having two children similar ages to Alex)!

Reactions: 5
Right? JUST GET ON WITH IT. I think she’s a classic case of way too much time on her hands, and so every little thing becomes a big deal/task like fixing a path or building a flat pack wardrobe. The busier I am the better I get at outsourcing, making snap decisions, being really strategic about time Vs money calculations, and just generally moving things along.

she couldn’t have been working more than like 10 or 15hrs a week before Cato was born right? With Chris also at home and Peggy at nursery what could she possibly have been doing with all that time?

Reactions: 10
Come on guys let's not be harsh. She was packing overpriced boxes of matches with a shell picture that Peggy drew on the front, into other cardboard boxes and taking them down to the post office. Easily a 60 hour working week right there.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Right? JUST GET ON WITH IT. I think she’s a classic case of way too much time on her hands, and so every little thing becomes a big deal/task like fixing a path or building a flat pack wardrobe. The busier I am the better I get at outsourcing, making snap decisions, being really strategic about time Vs money calculations, and just generally moving things along.

she couldn’t have been working more than like 10 or 15hrs a week before Cato was born right? With Chris also at home and Peggy at nursery what could she possibly have been doing with all that time?
I’d forgotten that her husband was effectively at home too; that house could be spotless between the two of them! What else do they do all day?

Reactions: 3
“Normalising no caption”. COME ON ALEX. NONE OF THIS IS REAL. You’re hardly starting a revolution here.

... She’s just so pompous, so unaware of the real world turning around her. Of people grafting and dreaming and creating and even making things better for those around them. Maybe ‘normalising’ some real life things that need to be changed. Instead she does her performative click-tivism letting us know every time she donates £1 and using language that should really be reserved for those doing real life work.

Sorry for the rant! So irritated by the self righteousness today!!
Oh god I completely agree, I’m sick of her sanctimonious, self righteous posts about how much good they do, how much they support and donate. Just take your bleeping food to the food bank (hardly unusual anyway) without telling us how amazing you are for it 😡

Reactions: 6
Right? She’s literally put 4 things on eBay (so she can get paid by eBay). What’s that, about £20 worth of donation? Imaging tellIng 250,000 people that you’d donated £20. :rolleyes: ?!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Love her sister’s account. However her sister has a boy & a girl but she’s selling their clothes on Instagram. Why not give them to Alex?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.