The Frugality #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I always thought this about putting all their big house purchases on credit card was insane! I work for a bank and that’s the last thing I’d ever do (unless you can pay it off in full but then you wouldn’t need the credit). She really should of stuck with the fashion angle as her home isn’t desirable or unique enough. She is now solely focusing on the interior angle as I know her old PR agency who she dropped as she wanted to peruse this angle and they’re more fashion than home.
Yeah that is my feeling too. You have to throw in your own money and buy yourself a home renovation blogger title

Reactions: 2
Begging for coffee money and then Chris is building garden storage. I’m intrigued to see what they’ll be storing out there, no doubt more nicknacks. It won’t be anything practical I don’t think those two know what that word means

Reactions: 8
This is the thing. It would probably be okay if her husband was the breadwinner and her stuff on the side was extra money now she’s got two kids and wants the flexibility of being a freelance mum, totally get that, but it’s clearly not lucrative enough for her husband to not have a career.

Reactions: 7
What does Chris actually do? I know officially he’s a director and he does her photography but does he actually work at all?

Reactions: 5
Most people I know who run their own businesses don’t have endless hours to paint a garden fence in the middle of weekdays...

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Watching this thread is starting to feel like a very slow motion car crash. Aren't they terrified of how they are going to pay their mortgage for the next 10, 20, 30 (?) years? Alex's previous career was in a dying industry and Chris doesn't seem to have ever had a career...

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Being gifted a sofa sadly doesn’t pay the bills...they clearly need cash so need to rethink their careers. She knows the risk of having this type of business and claims she’s frugal but she’s really only frugal with certain purchases.

Those sandals cost £155?! 😳 I hate the sandals that show all of the toes like that. They look cheap to me.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Watching this thread is starting to feel like a very slow motion car crash. Aren't they terrified of how they are going to pay their mortgage for the next 10, 20, 30 (?) years? Alex's previous career was in a dying industry and Chris doesn't seem to have ever had a career...

Alex comes across to me as being in denial. I can sort of relate, a lot of my friends are married to well off guys & they can choose not to work. I hate my job so I do sometimes feel a tad envious, but I also get it, that’s just life, I made my choices & lots of people are much worse off.

Reactions: 6
And a total, blatant beg for stretchy trousers and oversized shirts in the latest post. Quite extraordinary.

She’s definitely in Lily Pebbles territory with that sort of stuff.

Also, the balcony ‘crumbled’. Yet why wouldn’t you still prioritise fixing the exterior?!?
I wonder how big the balcony was and if it crumbled onto the broken tiles. Or if it's hanging like a rotten tooth?

Reactions: 1
I wonder how big the balcony was and if it crumbled onto the broken tiles. Or if it's hanging like a rotten tooth?
Based on google, she doesn't have a balcony anymore. They replaced the access door with a window. I would have restore the balcony, is a nice feature to have. Is quite rare that you get Edwardian/Victorian terrace that comes with balcony, so why not keep it?

Reactions: 4
My first visit to this thread to ask one simple question - Is she ever not bleeping painting? 😴

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I really want to burn all her prints, and probably let her keep 5.
I had to dig back for this comment. Just looking at the hallway with the stained glass, multi-coloured tile floor and architectural features is plenty for the eye to look at. The coat rack, shoe thingy and seventy billion framed prints ruin everything.
And the first framed picture to toss should be "Yes! Tokyo". It annoys me. If it's a happy memento of her honeymoon, then put it in a scrapbook.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Those food cubes her sister sent...WTF...£25 for 8 meals for a baby...someone is laughing all the way to the bank with that one...16 cubes of puréed veg must only cost a couple of quid.
excellent for tired mums...painting that fence had really taken it out of them

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I’d have to assume it’s because her niche didn’t make her enough money?

I’m being a smart ass in a lot of my comments, I don’t like bitching about people but her attitude annoys me she gets so angry & defensive about her “free” content. I used to like her content, it’s now spiralled into watching a grown woman be bratty & entitled online.

If she wants a luxe property like her sister & presumably friends why don’t they work harder. Some influencers do get to arse around all day & make a ton of money but it seems that’s not working out for Alex. People want a bit of escapism etc online, like a glossy magazine not holes in the walls etc.

Plus Alex isn’t qualified to give financial advice. Want to know what to do about your mortgage, go to an actual financial advisor or use a state body Citizens Information etc. Putting their kitchen on credit isn’t something to aspire to financially. First rule of being frugal is surely if you don’t have the money don’t buy it.
Agree - I’m often in a bitchy mood when I come on these threads, and there’s probably an element of jealousy etc. But the asking for clothing tips, things for the children are so obviously begs for free stuff that it’s really off putting to people who are doing it tough - especially in current climate.

I think she had a great clothing style, and almost did a real capsule wardrobe with repeating outfits/pieces etc that was a lot more relatable, and dare I say it, frugal.

It seems like she’s really fallen into a ‘keeping up with the Jones’s’ trap, yet their finances clearly don’t support that lifestyle. A lot of the other influencers in her ‘tier’ (say under 500k followers) either have husbands working (Lily Pebbles, Katie Snooks, Erica Davies) or they are doing every ad available (say Anna Newton).

Reactions: 10
She is painting the Argos table and bench, where is she going to put them. WTF

• Haha
  • Wow
What salary did she say she was earning around 2098? It seemed bizarrely low for a London salary. circa £20k? She had to have been
receiving financial help from her parents.

Reactions: 2
What salary did she say she was earning around 2098? It seemed bizarrely low for a London salary. circa £20k? She had to have been
receiving financial help from her parents.
£16k, common in entry “unskilled” (eg not tech or finance) level roles in media sadly & yes they’re all always subsidised by parents. In 201xs it was £18-21k.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.