The Frugality #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a huge gap in following her content - what does she mean by money issues pls?

I don’t understand why anyone would buy such a shithole unless they had cash at bank to immediately to put the big fires out. It’s not modernising a 90s bathroom or skimming walls it looks like a proper tit hole? Especially with very young kids, wtaf.
She had to buy a London house because all her peers were buying London houses. Never mind that they actually had good jobs. A wreck in a tit area was all they could afford and it still cost more than £600k. I’m surprised it was mortgageable.

Reactions: 7
She said in an article somewhere they could only afford Wood Green & Leytonstone, although lots of South London nearer her family (Morden etc) would have been priced similarly at the time but she wouldn’t have gotten a London postcode.

Wood Green is a total dump though, it has few redeeming features & been remarkably resistant to gentrification.

They also REALLY overpaid for that house. You can still pick up something in decent condition in that area for £650-£700K all these years later, with lovely original features but minus the holes in the ceiling/walls/floors. If they were to sell now they won’t have made a penny I wouldn’t have thought. Also find it quite odd they didn’t stay with her parents during the worst of the renovations - why would you sleep in coats with mice at your feet when you have family you’re close to in the same city? FOR THE PERFORMANCE, perchance?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
She said in an article somewhere they could only afford Wood Green & Leytonstone, although lots of South London nearer her family (Morden etc) would have been priced similarly at the time but she wouldn’t have gotten a London postcode.

Wood Green is a total dump though, it has few redeeming features & been remarkably resistant to gentrification.
Leytonstone is lovely, I don’t know why you’d choose Wood Green?! This whole story is so bizarre, we need more books written on the insanity of mama influencing and their keeping up with the Joneses at any cost.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Ooh, she'll be kicking herself that she didn't go for Leytonstone then - property has really shot up in value!

Reactions: 1
Alex - I’m so broke buy me a coffee
Also Alex - treated myself to some €155 sandals 😍
And a total, blatant beg for stretchy trousers and oversized shirts in the latest post. Quite extraordinary.

She’s definitely in Lily Pebbles territory with that sort of stuff.

Also, the balcony ‘crumbled’. Yet why wouldn’t you still prioritise fixing the exterior?!?

Reactions: 8
And a total, blatant beg for stretchy trousers and oversized shirts in the latest post. Quite extraordinary.

She’s definitely in Lily Pebbles territory with that sort of stuff.

Also, the balcony ‘crumbled’. Yet why wouldn’t you still prioritise fixing the exterior?!?
She said before how the tiles on the front path were cracked and Peggy was always bringing shards of tile into the house too 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 4
She said before how the tiles on the front path were cracked and Peggy was always bringing shards of tile into the house too 🤷🏼‍♀️
And the holes in the brickwork that they just cover with tat....surely you sort the structure first instead of fannying about with F&B paint, it may cost £££ a tin but I don’t think it’s got magic properties which keep the walls up

• Heart
It’s crazy to me; I have two children of similar ages and would hate them to be in a house with damp, holes that rats could get in, rotten floorboards etc.

• Heart
It’s weird once tattle opens your eyes to new things how you can never look at them the same again? I’m familiar with the concept of grifting and begging but this death trap house is brand new

I used to really like her. Well written articles in her niche. It’s evident now she’s just trying to become an “influencer” but doesn’t know which way to go - fashion, house, baby so is just randomly promoting anything she can get her hands on.

She should have stayed in her lane, which was well executed and polished outfits, mostly with high street labels, and occasional home styling.

And even more occasional glimpses of the husband.

She should have stayed in her lane, which was well executed and polished outfits, mostly with high street labels, and occasional home styling.

And even more occasional glimpses of the husband.
I’d have to assume it’s because her niche didn’t make her enough money?

I’m being a smart ass in a lot of my comments, I don’t like bitching about people but her attitude annoys me she gets so angry & defensive about her “free” content. I used to like her content, it’s now spiralled into watching a grown woman be bratty & entitled online.

If she wants a luxe property like her sister & presumably friends why don’t they work harder. Some influencers do get to arse around all day & make a ton of money but it seems that’s not working out for Alex. People want a bit of escapism etc online, like a glossy magazine not holes in the walls etc.

Plus Alex isn’t qualified to give financial advice. Want to know what to do about your mortgage, go to an actual financial advisor or use a state body Citizens Information etc. Putting their kitchen on credit isn’t something to aspire to financially. First rule of being frugal is surely if you don’t have the money don’t buy it.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Maybe she compared herself to LP, but Rich works part time as a director. I mean Chris was also a ‘director’, have any of you watched the films he directed?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I’d have to assume it’s because her niche didn’t make her enough money?

I’m being a smart ass in a lot of my comments, I don’t like bitching about people but her attitude annoys me she gets so angry & defensive about her “free” content. I used to like her content, it’s now spiralled into watching a grown woman be bratty & entitled online.

If she wants a luxe property like her sister & presumably friends why don’t they work harder. Some influencers do get to arse around all day & make a ton of money but it seems that’s not working out for Alex. People want a bit of escapism etc online, like a glossy magazine not holes in the walls etc.

Plus Alex isn’t qualified to give financial advice. Want to know what to do about your mortgage, go to an actual financial advisor or use a state body Citizens Information etc. Putting their kitchen on credit isn’t something to aspire to financially. First rule of being frugal is surely if you don’t have the money don’t buy it.
I always thought this about putting all their big house purchases on credit card was insane! I work for a bank and that’s the last thing I’d ever do (unless you can pay it off in full but then you wouldn’t need the credit). She really should of stuck with the fashion angle as her home isn’t desirable or unique enough. She is now solely focusing on the interior angle as I know her old PR agency who she dropped as she wanted to peruse this angle and they’re more fashion than home.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.