The Frugality #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As others have said, beyond cheeky to be asking for ‘donations’. Fair enough if they want to monetise their content through Patreon or subscription, but given the absolute depth of free content out there on areas they cover (money, style, interiors etc) I’m most sure who would pay?!?

I think they really need to look at a more stable job for at least one of them.

Reactions: 4
As others have said, beyond cheeky to be asking for ‘donations’. Fair enough if they want to monetise their content through Patreon or subscription, but given the absolute depth of free content out there on areas they cover (money, style, interiors etc) I’m most sure who would pay?!?

I think they really need to look at a more stable job for at least one of them.
I think a dumpster diver role will suit her

• Haha
Reactions: 2
It’s interesting & I wonder if the days of full time Insta begging are over for everyone in this industry...?

In the early Wild West days they were getting gifted everything from high end electronics to full kitchen fit outs. This was before anyone cared to measure campaign performance, as soon as they did they saw there’s practically nil ROI on expensive items hence why most of them are being gifted cheap tat now. You just don’t see a Hooper level of grabbing anymore do you. And with brands not being able to get away with only courting these white MC mamas these days the market is even more crowded & the scraps have to be shared amongst a larger audience. It must be increasingly difficult to make ends meet just through #influencing hence why a lot of the big names have evolved into their next career move - radio, books, consultancy, retraining...

Reactions: 8
If you don’t like the salary or can’t afford to live on it then it’s probably time to reconsider your job/career?!

Reactions: 9
“Quite satisfying but got boring quickly” when taking the rust off that bench. No wonder it’s taken so long to paint the fence. Must get bored.

Reactions: 5
Oh, she’s actually boiling my blood at the moment. I’m usually a pretty laid back person but the entitlement is just shocking.

I will not be buying her a “coffee” while I can’t afford to buy myself one. Even if I could ... why would I do so to watch her spend a quarter of a year painting a bloody fence?

If they’re struggling for money then one of them should get a job that isn’t the frugality (haha) to see them through.

Reactions: 11
There's a reason 99% of female influencers have a wealthy husband in a good job. Especially all the ex-magazine crew like Alex. And she demonstates perfectly why they need one.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I'm not sure what content they provide beyond their Instagram (where they are paid for their ad posts) and a sporadic blog/newsletter (which they also generate revenue from). Asking for donations on top of that seems a bit much. They are beyond privileged that they are both able to 'work' part time from home while they have two young children.

Maybe if they cut back on expensive furniture and homewear they'd be in a more comfortable position?

Reactions: 8
Just for a bit of context, she’s done 3 blog posts since Christmas and one of those is the John Lewis ad. Where’s this great content again? Cos this ain’t it.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I would love to be able to reduce my hours at my full time job to focus on my small printmaking business. However, like anyone with common sense or a bit of self-awareness, I am not giving up my stable income for something that is financially simply not lucrative enough for me to live on, no matter how much I would love to turn my art hobby into my full time job. Having seen Alex and Chris beg for donations after doing nothing for more than a year and still managing to get a new kitchen extension done, maybe I should start a go fund me page so I can live my dream! 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 11
She is definitely transitioning from frugality to -an interior/lifestyle influencer. The opportunity to promote tats and the subsequent AL is less compared to an interior tat-fluencer. So she could talk about tiger one day, JL next, loo roll the day after.

Just for a bit of context, she’s done 3 blog posts since Christmas and one of those is the John Lewis ad. Where’s this great content again? Cos this ain’t it.
She’s too busy being on maternity leave.

Reactions: 2
When they bought the house, I was very interested in how they would make it livable, considering that they had money problems. Then she announced she was pregnant! Ceilings caving in, mice, no heat, dust everywhere, no proper bathrooms or kitchen. I look back now and remember how stressed I was for her situation, huddled in one room.
When she fell down the stairs, followed by a miscarriage, I had to unfollow. It was just too much.
It's too bad that she now has to beg for coffee money.

When they bought the house, I was very interested in how they would make it livable, considering that they had money problems. Then she announced she was pregnant! Ceilings caving in, mice, no heat, dust everywhere, no proper bathrooms or kitchen. I look back now and remember how stressed I was for her situation, huddled in one room.
When she fell down the stairs, followed by a miscarriage, I had to unfollow. It was just too much.
It's too bad that she now has to beg for coffee money.
I had a huge gap in following her content - what does she mean by money issues pls?

I don’t understand why anyone would buy such a shithole unless they had cash at bank to immediately to put the big fires out. It’s not modernising a 90s bathroom or skimming walls it looks like a proper tit hole? Especially with very young kids, wtaf.

Reactions: 1
The kitchen really isn’t very nice, as has been discussed on here before. And no full time dining table!

It all started when they overstretched themselves financially with the house. I think if she didn't blindly chase 'middle class' dream, she could have fixed the holes, floor board, roof.

@heretoreaditall2019 I think she probably wanted to make money out of it, the original features are stunning though but the house itself is in a bad shape.

• Heart
Of all the insta reno houses hers is the least appealing. I’m partial to a bit of pink paint, but she really got that staircase all wrong 🤢

Reactions: 3
It all started when they overstretched themselves financially with the house. I think if she didn't blindly chase 'middle class' dream, she could have fixed the holes, floor board, roof.

@heretoreaditall2019 I think she probably wanted to make money out of it, the original features are stunning though but the house itself is in a bad shape.
The wild thing is they have the Hoopers as clear evidence of what happens when the freebies dry up. If they’re struggling now whilst getting freebies from John Lewis et al imagine what happens when they don’t get renewed 😬

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.