The Frugality #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s all a bit depressing isn’t it. An endless loop of what she doesn’t have/can’t afford and what she’s just bought, might buy, wants us to buy.
You have captured her perfectly I couldn’t have put it better myself.

Reactions: 3
Nothing puts me more off buying a product than an influencer smugly looking at me while flogging said product, I know it’s her job but she really grinds my gears 🤣
357C8974-7DB6-4D88-AF2F-C47E84E4F94D.jpeg

Reactions: 5
This is not the sofa they struggled to get upstairs a month ago. So how many sofas do they exactly need in that house, and why put a three-seater in that tiny dining nook? Is it only because it’s free?

Reactions: 8
I really want to burn all her prints, and probably let her keep 5.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m confused with the need (‘searching for awhile’ for the pink sofa, as in the kitchen tour on IG (from 27 March), there is a sofa in this exact spot!

What’s happened to that? I get you might need new furniture as it wears out, but it looked in pretty good condition two months ago!

Reactions: 6
I’m confused with the need (‘searching for awhile’ for the pink sofa, as in the kitchen tour on IG (from 27 March), there is a sofa in this exact spot!

What’s happened to that? I get you might need new furniture as it wears out, but it looked in pretty good condition two months ago!
Probably in another room as it seems every room in their house needs a sofa

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The freebie sofa will be flogged off on the quiet in a couple of months to make room for more aspirational tat 👀

Reactions: 9
The freebie sofa will be flogged off on the quiet in a couple of months to make room for more aspirational tat 👀
It will probably feature in one of her eBay ads😂
I am assuming she got it for free and didn’t purchase it but I’ve never seen someone with claims to frugality, waste so much money on frivolous shite when her house is a tip. It’s like they have no actual long term plans and are playing at being adults

Reactions: 6
They strike me as people who spend a lot of time watching telly and eating on their sofa. For all her middle class cat fishing she doesn’t need a dinning table🤷‍♀️
My small kids trash the kitchen floor every time they eat anything. I couldn’t let them eat near a couch. Madness.

Reactions: 2
Wow a sofa that large for £499... even from John Lewis. I bought a cheap JL sofa for the playroom 2 years ago, it is a small 2 seater and good quality, perfect for what we need it for. But it was £450! I don't get how a 3 seater sofa can cost £500. Agree she got it gifted (why didn't she choose something else?!) and soon it will be grubby and then it will be gone.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.