The Frugality #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
First night of the kids sharing a room has not gone well. Of course your baby is going to wake up your toddler throughout the night and vice versa. The most important thing is that her coats have their own bedroom, though. 🙄

Also, I'm sure others have said this before: the pictures and shelves hanging directly above the baby crib give me so much anxiety. 😳 I don't even have kids, but that looks like an accident waiting to happen!
I mean how many followers have been slightly smug waiting for her to announce kids sharing a room hasn’t been great so far?! I mean when one wakes they both wake so technically the whole house suffers 🤷‍♀️. If anything it gets worse not better,

Reactions: 7
Just get a low level bookcase for the books and let your DD pick out her own books rather arrange them artfully on shelves way above her height level, just so you can show off your book choices on Instagram.

I wouldn’t let one young child, let alone two sleep alone in that room given there are so many dangers - curtain canopy thing draped around the bed, a bookshelf only Inches above the cot, prints hanging above the cot. A stool, perfect for standing on to reach all the stuff on high level shelves.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Totally agree with what others have said re safety - and space - of that room. Peggy must be exceptional well behaved and neat as my 2.5 year old would trash that room every night 😂
He also has limited toys/books in his room as too stimulating

Reactions: 6
Agree with all this but what astounded me the most was that they decided to put them in a room together for the first time when Cato had a cough. And as usual Alex is super surprised when that cough woke Peggy up! 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 11
From her clip this morning, they have turned the spare room into a coat press for Alex/a toy room for the kids so not sure why they don’t just have them sleep in separate rooms for now. They might enjoy sharing for a few years when they are a little older, saying this as it‘s not a necessity for them to share now as they have rooms for a bedroom each.

I suspect though that Alex wants to appear cool/woke/trendy having her boy and girl sharing a room when it’s not a necessity.

(My own boys started off with a room each but somewhere along they way, they themselves decided to share a bedroom as one of the rooms had a second bed in it).

Reactions: 8
It is weird that we've never (I don't think!) seen the back bedroom. Must be another junk room!

Reactions: 2
She is so lame, those door-less cupboard is killing me. I would get an ikea door and perhaps install a nice handle. Really catfishing middle class isn’t she?

Reactions: 5
Put Calo in the second room, I rather deal with 1 sleepless kid than 2 sleepless kids the next day. She doesn't have much common sense. Perhaps the third room is not complete (without heating?) for whatever reason

Reactions: 4
On the subject of showing off trendy kids books.. I wonder if Alex has seen Africa’s (vitamin D project) stories this week? Discussing how so many kids books featuring black/Asian characters are actually written by white people.
I feel like Alex definitely tries to diversify her bookshelf without wondering who the author is.
(It’s never occurred to me before)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
And here we have yet another self obsessed influencer telling us how special and brave they are by having their jab because it’s not like the entire bleeping country is doing the exact same thing. ‘For those concerned about my over sized shirt, it was ok, I was in a cubicle. I’ve booked a sick day off for tomorrow’. NO-ONE 👏🏻 GIVES 👏🏻 A 👏🏻 tit 👏🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Noooo we need everyone talking about getting their vaccine. It’s so important the uptake is as high as possible.

I just get incredibly jealous of anyone who has had theirs but hopefully not long for me now!

Although of course Alex wore an unsuitable but chic top!

Reactions: 7
And here we have yet another self obsessed influencer telling us how special and brave they are by having their jab because it’s not like the entire bleeping country is doing the exact same thing. ‘For those concerned about my over sized shirt, it was ok, I was in a cubicle. I’ve booked a sick day off for tomorrow’. NO-ONE 👏🏻 GIVES 👏🏻 A 👏🏻 tit 👏🏻
A sick day from what? Painting the fence?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Noooo we need everyone talking about getting their vaccine. It’s so important the uptake is as high as possible.

I just get incredibly jealous of anyone who has had theirs but hopefully not long for me now!

Although of course Alex wore an unsuitable but chic top!
But do influencers saying they’ve had theirs really help increase uptake? I agree that we need as many people as possible to have it, but just from personal experience everyone I’ve spoken to and all my friends have/will be having the jab - do we need further encouragement? Perhaps that’s a whole different conversation 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.