The Frugality #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow a sofa that large for £499... even from John Lewis. I bought a cheap JL sofa for the playroom 2 years ago, it is a small 2 seater and good quality, perfect for what we need it for. But it was £450! I don't get how a 3 seater sofa can cost £500. Agree she got it gifted (why didn't she choose something else?!) and soon it will be grubby and then it will be gone.
Buy cheap, buy twice. (Or in her case, beg twice).

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Right so I’ve received the newsletter even though I don’t remember signing up for it. Has to be a joke - asking for donations for people to buy coffee to keep the frugality going?! Get a real job like everyone else!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
They do not have a proper dining table, where do their kids even eat? Don’t tell me they had to fold up the dining table after every use?
Right so I’ve received the newsletter even though I don’t remember signing up for it. Has to be a joke - asking for donations for people to buy coffee to keep the frugality going?! Get a real job like everyone else!
can you share the newsletter here?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I
D

I don’t get it?! What?
The audacity. you chose to throw yourself out there as a content creator and you choose to offer money saving tips because that is your ‘niche’. You get paid through partnership or AL. Imagine you go to work and add value to your clients and you guilt your client to buy your coffee because you have done a good job. WTF
Sorry there are so many people that I would like to buy a coffee to, starting from my DPD driver and bin men..

• Heart
This last year has been a tough one for so many, and a few people have suggested a ‘donate’ button to help keep The Frugality going and doing what it loves. If you fancy sparing anything to say ‘thank you’ for our work (which we hope you find useful!), then you can buy us a coffee here. For now, this site will remain free to access and use.

I genuinely don’t understand why her husband doesn’t get a job to support his family.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Saw the newsletter, can straight here 😂 are they taking the piss? To keep it going, not sure it’ll be a loss if it doesn’t...what a joke. Just go and get a job 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think loads of them are at it, setting up Patreon accounts etc. But what ‘content’ does she provide? She appears to have a healthy husband.

Reactions: 5
Lmao 60 cups. The key to cat fishing middle class is not to expose yourself that you are not middle class

Oh that is £180 there.
Daily Mail needs to write this

Reactions: 2
Quite a few donations!

I’m torn I mean newspaper get at revenue & still charge customers to read them.

On the other it feels a bit cheeky to do obviously do so little & then ask for donations. It feels like a try-on. Choosing unemployment isn’t frugal it’s just trying to have an easy life. Sure worth a shot!

Quite a few donations!

I’m torn I mean newspaper get at revenue & still charge customers to read them.

On the other it feels a bit cheeky to do obviously do so little & then ask for donations. It feels like a try-on. Choosing unemployment isn’t frugal it’s just trying to have an easy life. Sure worth a shot!
I saw there are 60 cups bought, assuming £3 for a cup, that is £180.. :( wtf

Reactions: 1
It’s just ridiculous to state your content is “free to access” but then put that on there. Either build a proper business model and ask people for £15 a year or something to subscribe, or don’t. Get more advertisers. It just screams of her resentment that she “has to” work for free. I agree Chris could get a regular decent income and then she could be more relaxed about money!

Tje
It’s just ridiculous to state your content is “free to access” but then put that on there. Either build a proper business model and ask people for £15 a year or something to subscribe, or don’t. Get more advertisers. It just screams of her resentment that she “has to” work for free. I agree Chris could get a regular decent income and then she could be more relaxed about money!
The most off putting thing about her is the resentment. She’s seems more then a tad delusional. If you make a choice to put free content out there you don’t get to witch & moan about it. Agree either make it subscription or stop moaning. Of course she can ask for donations as she has done. I’d be far more likely to donate if she wasn’t so delusional & moany. It’s off putting when you see how much free time they both have.

• Heart
Tje

The most off putting thing about her is the resentment. She’s seems more then a tad delusional. If you make a choice to put free content out there you don’t get to witch & moan about it. Agree either make it subscription or stop moaning. Of course she can ask for donations as she has done. I’d be far more likely to donate if she wasn’t so delusional & moany. It’s off putting when you see how much free time they both have.
That’s exactly it. Dossing around painting the garden fence...surely you get to a point where you realise your business isn’t sustainable and think about at least one of you getting a proper job.

That’s exactly it. Dossing around painting the garden fence...surely you get to a point where you realise your business isn’t sustainable and think about at least one of you getting a proper job.
It’s also why should you or I give money to two people to doss around their garden or go for sunny lunches. If she showed herself slaving away creating the content it’d be different. At the moment it just looks like funding two people to have an easy life. I have spare money at the moment, I’ll be giving it to charity. I’m doing a shop for a local woman in need due illness.

• Heart
This last year has been a tough one for so many, and a few people have suggested a ‘donate’ button to help keep The Frugality going and doing what it loves. If you fancy sparing anything to say ‘thank you’ for our work (which we hope you find useful!), then you can buy us a coffee here. For now, this site will remain free to access and use.

I genuinely don’t understand why her husband doesn’t get a job to support his family.
a donate button🤣🤣🤣 what a self indulgent witch! How about you go out and get a better job like the rest of us have to if the job we have doesn’t pay the bills!

Reactions: 8
Donations for WHAT?

I supported some artists/podcasts such as The Guilty Feminist on Patreon throughout lockdown and in turn received content from them.

Comedian and half of the All Killa No Filla duo, Kiri Pritchard-McLean, did virtual shows throughout lockdown and donated the proceeds from fans to The Trussell Trust.

No bleeping way am I donating my hard-earned money to Alex so that she can spend it on more tacky prints for her gallery wall. Getting a real job hun, and while you're at it, tell your husband to wash his hair and get a job too.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It’s also why should you or I give money to two people to doss around their garden or go for sunny lunches. If she showed herself slaving away creating the content it’d be different. At the moment it just looks like funding two people to have an easy life. I have spare money at the moment, I’ll be giving it to charity. I’m doing a shop for a local woman in need due illness.
They are no better than any benefit scroungers to put it short

If any of you are out there looking for money saving tips, I highly recommend the Financial Diet albeit it is US based but 90% applicable to the UK

Reactions: 1
Donations for WHAT?

I supported some artists/podcasts such as The Guilty Feminist on Patreon throughout lockdown and in turn received content from them.

Comedian and half of the All Killa No Filla duo, Kiri Pritchard-McLean, did virtual shows throughout lockdown and donated the proceeds from fans to The Trussell Trust.

No bleeping way am I donating my hard-earned money to Alex so that she can spend it on more tacky prints for her gallery wall. Getting a real job hun, and while you're at it, tell your husband to wash his hair and get a job too.
was just about to talk about all killa no filla and how much they donated during lockdown! Christ this woman and her wet lettuce of a husband need to go and get another job, I’m sure she could try and get back into a magazine job

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.