The DisUnplugged #4 They tried to make Pete go to rehab, but he said I need my phone!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean, that’s pretty rude to train wrecks, but ok…😉

I’m going to jump over there. I never watch them, but their threads are HIGHLY entertaining whenever I peek at them.
---

I think that some of these vloggers, from the Dis and elsewhere, truly do view their jobs as extremely arduous. Which should be a clue that it’s time for a new job.
There is a wiki at the top of their thread that will not only catch you up, but make you laugh so hard you will have abs of steel.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I've ignored the person who is going on about the political stuff but if you haven't, I suggest reporting them for taking the thread off topic so much.

Reactions: 12
I mean, that’s pretty rude to train wrecks, but ok…😉

I’m going to jump over there. I never watch them, but their threads are HIGHLY entertaining whenever I peek at them.
---

I think that some of these vloggers, from the Dis and elsewhere, truly do view their jobs as extremely arduous. Which should be a clue that it’s time for a new job.
But here's the thing, people like Ryno don't ACTUALLY want a different job. They just like to complain and want pity from people.

Reactions: 7
Pete and nearly all of the rest of the regular faces have lost their passion.

Ding dong The Dis is dead.
Time to move on to channels that still give a damn.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
To be fair, my passion for Disney has died as well. The parks aren't what they used to be. The movies are no where as good as they used to be. Even how they are whitewashing the resort hotels. The magic of the brand has faded so much over everything that they've been doing for the last number of years.

Reactions: 15
I recently went on a road trip. I downloaded some old dis episodes from when they went to aulani and DCL to alaska, as well as the original 7 in 7 and the second 7 in 7, as well as just old Tuesday shows from back then. It is still really entertaining to listen to for me! There was an actual passion for Disney and the Disney products. The guys always acted like they were excited to be there. Dustin was a great producer and really guided the show. He actually seemed to take it seriously, whereas Craig just acts like he hates his job. And I actually do like Craig when hanging out with him. I also understand why his passion for Disney has waned. I don't go to Disney anymore for various reasons, part of which because of how worse of a guest experience there is to be had there. I go to universal now. But anyways, the dis unplugged sucks now. I think the main reason for that is because Pete lost his passion for his own channel...and for Disney parks. It goes hand in hand, I think. No one on the current panel is interesting enough to drive the show. Some people said it earlier, Pete is kind of a terrible human (especially off screen), but he was still interesting and fun and compelling to listen to. With Pete leaving, I won't be wasting my time listening to those other "Disney experts" left on the dis unplugged.
This is the best summary of when and why the show worked and why it no longer does.

There was a time when the show was informative, entertaining and the content was top rate. The 7 in 7 series was a perfect example. No one in the Disney Fan community was producing content like that back then.

As far as Craig, I agree. He is best suited as a producer, who occasionally chimes and does his curmudgeon schtick. Its fine and can work in little doses. But once it starts taking over the show its too much and just submarines everything.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Let's move on from this topic as it's been said and getting disruptive - Please read our rules and why they're important
Dude, this is an anonymous gossip message board. Do you think this is a place for real intellectual discourse or debate?
Dude, pages of liberal politics on this thread, and suddenly liberals don’t want to defend any of what they brought up.

I understand liberals are oblivious, but I always seem to underestimate just how bad it is.
---
Love how this dude jumps from talking about "superficial talking points" in one breath to "elective abortions at 40 weeks" in the next. This is not only a superficial talking point, but it is also not even a thing! I'm hitting the ignore button and I suggest others do that as well.

Back on topic, I really do hope that Craig has the freedom to post more mid week park updates, I think that will liven the channel up.
Bye, Felicia!

Obviously my pointing to 40 week elective abortions illustrates the hypocrisy of abortion supporters. They squawk about how other people want to dictate women’s bodily autonomy, yet they’re doing the same thing by not supporting full term abortions. So don’t bother making that argument. You want to restrict a woman’s decision and dictate what she does with her body. You just pick some random date based on nothing other than an arbitrary say-so.

But yes, 6 states and DC have no limits on abortion. You can get one at any time. So yes, 40 weeks.

Last edited:
Okay I'm really curious about who this is. I feel like they've got some personal beef with Ryno. I mean, I agree with your sentiments about Ryno!
Jafar- did you ever date Rybo because you sound really bitter every time you mention his name. Way too bitter and angry. If not, what’s the backstory on your “knowing” Ryno.
---
Dude, pages of liberal politics on this thread, and suddenly liberals don’t want to defend any of what they brought up.

I understand liberals are oblivious, but I always seem to underestimate just how bad it is.
---

Bye, Felicia!

Obviously my pointing to 40 week elective abortions illustrates the hypocrisy of abortion supporters. They squawk about how other people want to dictate women’s bodily autonomy, yet they’re doing the same thing by not supporting full term abortions. So don’t bother making that argument. You want to restrict a woman’s decision and dictate what she does with her body. You just pick some random date based on nothing other than an arbitrary say-so.

But yes, 6 states and DC have no limits on abortion. You can get one at any time. So yes, 40 weeks.
You are boring

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
But here's the thing, people like Ryno don't ACTUALLY want a different job. They just like to complain and want pity from people.
Oh absolutely. He’d go crazy without the attention and a way to get people to say nice things about him by being self deprecating
---
Jafar- did you ever date Rybo because you sound really bitter every time you mention his name. Way too bitter and angry. If not, what’s the backstory on your “knowing” Ryno.
---
I did not. I am bitter because as a person, he treated me terribly. That’s all I’m going to say.

Reactions: 4
Well I am here for our first trip, and we couldn’t be more impressed.. Animal Kingdom today completely us away.

I seriously don’t know what Pete and the team are complaining about. The magic was everywhere, guests were friendly, the parks were clean, etc. The amazing service from cast at our resorts has been stellar.

WDW used to be better??! I seriously didn’t see anything wrong.

We are very exciting for the other 3 parks.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Well I am here for our first trip, and we couldn’t be more impressed.. Animal Kingdom today completely us away.

I seriously don’t know what Pete and the team are complaining about. The magic was everywhere, guests were friendly, the parks were clean, etc. The amazing service from cast at our resorts has been stellar.

I feel like the problem is the vloggers are at the parks all the time and as a result just get sick of them. These places aren't meant to be experienced on a daily or weekly basis.

Reactions: 23
I feel like the problem is the vloggers are at the parks all the time and as a result just get sick of them. These places aren't meant to be experienced on a daily or weekly basis.
Absolutely this.

My aunt used to be married to a CM, and the rule for my cousins growing up were no parks unless it was a special occasion. Heck, when I was in the college program they came to visit me at work once and every time I’d see them it was always non-park related (i.e. Cheering on a cousin in a sporting event, celebrating holidays, offering to take me grocery shopping or just getting a night or two away from the CP housing). It certainly helped them and I.

Reactions: 2

Is this really your first ever trip to WDW?

Reactions: 1
Is this really your first ever trip to WDW?
Yes. I have been to DL several times, so I already was familiar with the Genie stuff which helped a lot. I used to listen to the old Disunplugged Disneyland show. The old DL show was flawed but had solid trip planning info.

The only small hiccups so far have been Disney IT related…in other words, status quo. 😃

We came into this trip as a one and done, like we just needed to see it once but then would return to DL as our park. Maybe that will still be true, maybe not.

But I can say I get it now. I get what people mean about the “bubble.”

And maybe it’s just because it’s all new to us, but like I said, everything about AK blew us away yesterday. Maybe Pete and the team need to move away to appreciate it more.

Reactions: 5
That makes a lot of sense. Do something enough and it becomes old hat. But when your job is selling people on Disney, you can't make it so obvious that you're burned out on the parks. Maybe Pete should give them more vacation time to get away from Disney every now and then but we all know THAT'S not going to happen lol it would cut into his concierge cruise budget 😢

Reactions: 4
This is such a great point! I think many Disney fans think it would be incredible to live near WDW and be able to experience the parks anytime, but the reality is that to me it would be depressing seeing people on vacation knowing you have to drive home and it will never really be a special vacation again.

Reactions: 3
I personally would never want to live super close to Disney. It’s not going to be special anymore if I can go there everyday.

One huge issue is that the show format does not work anymore...and it most definitely does not work without "personalities".

When the DisUnplugged started there was a "need" for the weekly news and park content it provided. But now with Twitter/Facebook/Instagram if something happens in the Parks on a Friday its an immediate news story and by Tuesday its long gone and no longer interesting. If a ride opens on a Thursday, by Thursday afternoon everyone has seen "ride through" videos and seen dozens of reviews. Its done by Tuesday.

I know they have tried to change the show up (When they stopped doing news stories and just started talking about topics they wanted to), but to do that you have to be interesting and also have to come up with new topics every week. People loved Pete's rants, when they were off the cuff and sincere, but then at some point it felt like he was just doing them because no one else could come up with anything interesting.

Also the whole "Disney Content as my job" seems to wear people out. Replacing Pete with Craig or Ryno feels like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Like one poster said, how many show opportunities has Ryno gotten, where the show just disappears because he doesn't want to do it anymore.
I think that nobody would notice if they just dumped the show entirely. I have said this before, they have been doing this for a long time and considering their forum was so active, the views are horrible. It was better when they were doing the news but that's not needed anymore. Now the focus is on their personal grievances and their personalities. Since I am already familiar with their likes and dislikes wasn't really that interesting to begin with, the show is boring and useless. Clearly for some odd reason the travel agency can work without the show. Odd because not sure why anyone needs them, their site is horrible and I can get an instant quote from it, rather than waiting days for their agents to respond, with often crappier prices. The last time I thought oh it's Tuesday was years ago.

that's so great, animal kingdom is such a gem. I hate when people call it a half day park. The amount of detail in that park is INSANE.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.