The DisUnplugged #4 They tried to make Pete go to rehab, but he said I need my phone!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm beginning to really hate this thread. This is not why I came to Tattle life. There's enough of it in the real world.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I also want to say, I think Ryno and others are confusing our lack of interest in Disney’s plight as
bigotry. Disney has not been great to the fan base, they underpay cast members, and they have unceremoniously fired long-term employees.

I just don’t get that excited about them being bullied by the governor. Is it wrong what the Governor is doing? Yes, but… I just I’m not going to come to Disney’s defense, their lawyers can. My feelings for Disney getting a little bit of karma doesn’t equate to my feelings about the gay community.

If they had listen to the fans Chapek wouldn’t have been CEO.
I wish someone on the panel would say this point! It's so weird how they love to kinda bash Disney, but because it is DeSantis (or any republican), they are defensive and in love with Disney with this one point.

Reactions: 2
I'm beginning to really hate this thread. This is not why I came to Tattle life. There's enough of it in the real world.
Same. I'm tapping out on this one and sticking to my happy place over on the BLAB thread. If you need a good laugh pop on over. Bye all, and remember, stay out of the damn lakes.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I don't usually follow this thread, only came in when I saw Pete was resigning from the vlog he created.
It echos the feel of the DIS itself. There's a reason I don't chat there.
Love how this dude jumps from talking about "superficial talking points" in one breath to "elective abortions at 40 weeks" in the next. This is not only a superficial talking point, but it is also not even a thing! I'm hitting the ignore button and I suggest others do that as well.

Back on topic, I really do hope that Craig has the freedom to post more mid week park updates, I think that will liven the channel up.
Ignore is a lovely feature.

• Haha
I recently went on a road trip. I downloaded some old dis episodes from when they went to aulani and DCL to alaska, as well as the original 7 in 7 and the second 7 in 7, as well as just old Tuesday shows from back then. It is still really entertaining to listen to for me! There was an actual passion for Disney and the Disney products. The guys always acted like they were excited to be there. Dustin was a great producer and really guided the show. He actually seemed to take it seriously, whereas Craig just acts like he hates his job. And I actually do like Craig when hanging out with him. I also understand why his passion for Disney has waned. I don't go to Disney anymore for various reasons, part of which because of how worse of a guest experience there is to be had there. I go to universal now. But anyways, the dis unplugged sucks now. I think the main reason for that is because Pete lost his passion for his own channel...and for Disney parks. It goes hand in hand, I think. No one on the current panel is interesting enough to drive the show. Some people said it earlier, Pete is kind of a terrible human (especially off screen), but he was still interesting and fun and compelling to listen to. With Pete leaving, I won't be wasting my time listening to those other "Disney experts" left on the dis unplugged.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Same. I'm tapping out on this one and sticking to my happy place over on the BLAB thread. If you need a good laugh pop on over. Bye all, and remember, stay out of the damn lakes.
What’s the BLAB thread? I’m also sick of the political crap

Reactions: 3
Slightly off topic, but I’ve seen it commented here several times that Dreams Unlimited Travel has an antiquated website. I don’t really feel like I want/need a travel agent, but wouldn’t mind using one to get the stateroom credit for Disney Cruise Line. Does anyone have any suggestions for good travel agents with good websites?

Did anyone see the latest video with Ryno shopping at Animal Kingdom? He is getting super weird and anxious about people going out of their way to touch him and invade his personal space. It's Disney World, it's crowded, people are swarming everywhere. If it is so traumatizing, maybe don't put yourself in the parks anymore.
He is a phony and a fraud. He pretends to care about people but he’s a narcissist who only cares about himself, just like Pete.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Instead of hiding behind euphemisms to dull the reality, go read up on the barbarism. Superficial talking points are for weak-minded who insist on debating with cliff notes. They chime in with 1-2 lines and that’s all their depth of thought on the subject. They spend their next 50+ years never venturing any deeper than the regurgitated sound bites they come to love.
Dude, this is an anonymous gossip message board. Do you think this is a place for real intellectual discourse or debate?

• Haha
He is a phony and a fraud. He pretends to care about people but he’s a narcissist who only cares about himself, just like Pete.
Okay I'm really curious about who this is. I feel like they've got some personal beef with Ryno. I mean, I agree with your sentiments about Ryno!

• Haha
  • Sick
Because I’ve been guilty of going off topic I‘m going back on the rails. I just got a chance to watch Tuesdays intro (not the whole show yet.) I have been a listener/viewer from Day 1 back in 2006. I don’t watch weekly now that I live in Florida but I generally binge and catch up periodically. Pete has left before for periods of time. He will be back. He’s too much of a control freak to stay away forever. But I think the show is better without him. His opinions are frozen in time. The shows are just a vehicle for his cult of personality for people to fawn all over him in the comments. I find it excruciating to listen to him the way he makes everything into a lecture. I’ve been a patreon member off and on and when I listen to his solo shows (because I just can’t seem to quit waiting for those juicy bits of not for the general public information that pop up every now and then) I listen to them on 2.5 speed and they sound just fine - that’s how much he drags everything out. It will be interesting to see if the show evolves from here, because it sounds like he still will be controlling things even if he’s not hosting. Unless he releases the puppet strings all together it will just be the same as it always is.

Once upon a time I was Team Ryno, but I slowly noticed this. As annoying as Pete can be, at least Pete isn't such a delicate snowflake. "Jersey Pete" is gruff and pretty funny.

• Haha
Once upon a time I was Team Ryno, but I slowly noticed this. As annoying as Pete can be, at least Pete isn't such a delicate snowflake. "Jersey Pete" is gruff and pretty funny.
Ryno can’t handle life. He can’t handle people talking to him or shopping near him. He’s insufferable. I’ll never forget when they did the 50’s Prime Time Cafe dining review and he said he was traumatized. Get over it dude. If you can’t handle some restaurant antics you aren’t going to make it in real life.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Okay I'm really curious about who this is. I feel like they've got some personal beef with Ryno. I mean, I agree with your sentiments about Ryno!
You’re absolutely right but what I experienced isn’t specific to me. It’s how he lives life, in a selfish, phony little bubble of self depreciation for attention. That’s what he cares about. Attention, not people as he claims.

• Sick
  • Haha
You’re absolutely right but what I experienced isn’t specific to me. It’s how he lives life, in a selfish, phony little bubble of self depreciation for attention. That’s what he cares about. Attention, not people as he claims.
Do you think Dustin and Craig were/are selfish or pretentious pricks?

Ryno can’t handle life. He can’t handle people talking to him or shopping near him. He’s insufferable. I’ll never forget when they did the 50’s Prime Time Cafe dining review and he said he was traumatized. Get over it dude. If you can’t handle some restaurant antics you aren’t going to make it in real life.
I'm not sure if these vloggers know just how out of touch with reality they can appear to viewers. They get so wrapped up in their own little world, they think eating and shopping at an amusement park is hard work. Repetitive and mind numbing, yes. But a difficult job? No. You aren't building a house. You are visiting Disney World, over and over and over again.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Best Life and Beyond. They are Disneyland vloggers and they are a train wreck
I mean, that’s pretty rude to train wrecks, but ok…😉

I’m going to jump over there. I never watch them, but their threads are HIGHLY entertaining whenever I peek at them.
---
I'm not sure if these vloggers know just how out of touch with reality they can appear to viewers. They get so wrapped up in their own little world, they think eating and shopping at an amusement park is hard work. Repetitive and mind numbing, yes. But a difficult job? No. You aren't building a house. You are visiting Disney World, over and over and over again.
I think that some of these vloggers, from the Dis and elsewhere, truly do view their jobs as extremely arduous. Which should be a clue that it’s time for a new job.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.