The DisUnplugged #4 They tried to make Pete go to rehab, but he said I need my phone!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They’re all in the parks weekly. Even Craig with his infant goes weekly. Cory and Julie just got an annual pass again and Cory was just in Disneyland with Craig. I don’t think Pete has been in a park or been in a park for more than dining in a good while.
The quote you replied to specified that the newer members needed to be in the parks more. Craig, Cory, and Julie are not new members. I honestly don’t know how Erica has a job at The Dis when she has barely done anything at Disney. How are you supposed to talk/write about something you’ve never done?

Reactions: 3
The quote you replied to specified that the newer members needed to be in the parks more. Craig, Cory, and Julie are not new members. I honestly don’t know how Erica has a job at The Dis when she has barely done anything at Disney. How are you supposed to talk/write about something you’ve never done?
Erica is in the park all the time, that's where most of the social media content comes from. That was her job there before being on the panel, creating social media content. Like her or not she posts constantly from the parks. Yes she does need to do the things she hasn't done yet but hey, maybe she will. You can always tell it's her by either A. her voice if someone is talking or B. her bracelets or nails if she's holding something. Panda was at the Tron previews, has been at dining reviews, he's in the parks pretty often too often with Erica. No one else is new right now, I would guess that new hire they were teasing will be required to be at the parks a lot or already does go a lot. My point was most of the people on the show regularly is in the parks often, way more often than Pete has been in years new or not.

Reactions: 2
Did anyone see the latest video with Ryno shopping at Animal Kingdom? He is getting super weird and anxious about people going out of their way to touch him and invade his personal space. It's Disney World, it's crowded, people are swarming everywhere. If it is so traumatizing, maybe don't put yourself in the parks anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Erica is in the park all the time, that's where most of the social media content comes from. That was her job there before being on the panel, creating social media content. Like her or not she posts constantly from the parks. Yes she does need to do the things she hasn't done yet but hey, maybe she will. You can always tell it's her by either A. her voice if someone is talking or B. her bracelets or nails if she's holding something. Panda was at the Tron previews, has been at dining reviews, he's in the parks pretty often too often with Erica. No one else is new right now, I would guess that new hire they were teasing will be required to be at the parks a lot or already does go a lot. My point was most of the people on the show regularly is in the parks often, way more often than Pete has been in years new or not.
What is the point of going to the parks if you aren’t actually going to DO anything there? I don’t watch all the videos that they put out as I’m more of a podcast person. But she is always saying that she hasn’t done this or tried that. I wish I could have a dollar for every time she has said that something “wasn’t on her radar”. While Pete may not go to the parks much anymore, at least he has experienced much of the parks at some point.

Reactions: 3
Pete did the same thing to DVC. He thought because he bought in he was an automatic expert. Was doling out some very bad information to buyers at first. Not sure if he ever learned, I stopped watching that bit.

As for moving to anywhere, yes, one needs to do their own research as well as have competent contacts in the area.
Yes, this. And at this point he's bought and sold a million contracts. I think he said recently he has something like 3500 points and was looking to sell some more contracts. Just way too overly impulsive and was certainly not an expert. Opinionated, absolutely. Expert, no way.
---
The whole show needs an overhaul. We all have 24 hour access to news. There isn’t a need for a show that essentially gives us week old stories that we’ve already read about 100 times.
I agree with the sentiment of this comment, however there are political shows that summarize the week's political news, even local access programs that summarize the week's biggest stories (mostly in big cities from what I've seen). Maybe it's repetitive and Disney is a smaller audience, but there are similar programs in the mainstream media even though like others have said, we have constant access to news. Personally, I see alerts come through and stories posted but don't always have time to read them which is why I bother to tune in to the Tuesday shows.
---
I can agree with this. Disney has been in this game a long time and has top notch lawyers. They can fight this fight and will most likely make the governor look foolish in the end. Not worth my energy to get outraged over his Disney attacks when there are much more serious and concerning attacks against the LGBTQ+ community being waged around the country. Disney will be fine.

What I'd like to see from the show going forward is more focus on touring the parks and finding a way to do all that you want to when you go. Maybe a revisit to Genie+ where a few people try it out in the different parks and see what they can get done. That would be much more interesting to me than the latest cupcake or merch availability.
Allears does this though, and I'm sure other smaller youtube brands do. I think people would just look at them as copying all ears. The DIS needs just a different niche, or a different approach to those things that other brands offer, but to be honest i don't know what I think they could do.

Last edited:
1) Disney won’t win against “DeSantis.” Remember, it’s the Legislature amending its own previous statutes. Are courts going to rule the Legislature can’t change its own previous laws? Good luck with that one.

2) Disney isn’t being punished, so this constitutional rights stuff is complete off-base. RCID was a special taxing/governing jurisdiction; it was a governing enclave concocted by the Florida Legislature eons ago. Florida has plenary authority to modify that charter. The concept that Disney is entitled to it is absolutely absurd; therefore, the “free speech” crying is mal-informed layman pontificating.

3) Abortion is being severely limited across the majority of states, and good riddance. The dehumanization of the unborn is savage barbarism people a century from now will look in horror at how callous and/or passive people today were, much like how today we scratch our heads wondering how slavery was a thing 150 years ago (and still today). Ultrasounds today showing life is the equivalent of smoking decades ago. How/why people were surprised smoking caused lung cancer is the same stupidity of those today who can be shown an ultrasound and they have a blank stare—oblivious what they see with their own eyes is a human being. Ironically these same people believe eggs from an endangered animal should be federally protected, but they dehumanize unborn humans with obscure euphemisms.

4) Drag queens, et al., look, if you’re still reading this brilliant reply of mine, I don’t need to point out how obviously disgusting and disturbing it is how millions of people decided, almost overnight, that they should throw their kids to the wolves and have GROWN MEN dressed as the most overtly sexual fake women “READING” to them. Not sure what’s worse—men who clearly have mental issues wanting to be in costume and be around kids OR the parents who can’t even see what’s in front of them and being willing participants. The guise of “oh it’s just fun/reading” is another dandy. Yeah, a wolf in sheep’s clothing may fool many who lack any capacity of discernment. For the rest of us with eyes who can see, what’s obvious is obvious.

Glad I could insert a rational counterbalance to the dogpiling talking points everyone has had shoved down their throats.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
1) Disney won’t win against “DeSantis.” Remember, it’s the Legislature amending its own previous statutes. Are courts going to rule the Legislature can’t change its own previous laws? Good luck with that one.

2) Disney isn’t being punished, so this constitutional rights stuff is complete off-base. RCID was a special taxing/governing jurisdiction; it was a governing enclave concocted by the Florida Legislature eons ago. Florida has plenary authority to modify that charter. The concept that Disney is entitled to it is absolutely absurd; therefore, the “free speech” crying is mal-informed layman pontificating.

3) Abortion is being severely limited across the majority of states, and good riddance. The dehumanization of the unborn is savage barbarism people a century from now will look in horror at how callous and/or passive people today were, much like how today we scratch our heads wondering how slavery was a thing 150 years ago (and still today). Ultrasounds today showing life is the equivalent of smoking decades ago. How/why people were surprised smoking caused lung cancer is the same stupidity of those today who can be shown an ultrasound and they have a blank stare—oblivious what they see with their own eyes is a human being. Ironically these same people believe eggs from an endangered animal should be federally protected, but they dehumanize unborn humans with obscure euphemisms.

4) Drag queens, et al., look, if you’re still reading this brilliant reply of mine, I don’t need to point out how obviously disgusting and disturbing it is how millions of people decided, almost overnight, that they should throw their kids to the wolves and have GROWN MEN dressed as the most overtly sexual fake women “READING” to them. Not sure what’s worse—men who clearly have mental issues wanting to be in costume and be around kids OR the parents who can’t even see what’s in front of them and being willing participants. The guise of “oh it’s just fun/reading” is another dandy. Yeah, a wolf in sheep’s clothing may fool many who lack any capacity of discernment. For the rest of us with eyes who can see, what’s obvious is obvious.

Glad I could insert a rational counterbalance to the dogpiling talking points everyone has had shoved down their throats.
Truly unhinged tit here. Please stay away from peoples bodies. It's creepy and gross how you and your ilk are so concerned with other people's genitals. Ick.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

W.T.F. is all this?
Rational? No, what you have here is the opposite. Rationality walks a line between two sides and takes both into account. You're doing nothing of the such.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
@CapitalistPig Do you have any idea how contract law works? The legilature cannot change the law to nullify an existing contract. That is what is being done here. The contract was entered by two lawful parties in a public forum. I am sorry DeSantis and his cronies were so inept that they did not pay attention to what has happening before they took power, but they were. Despite his impressive background and education this guy is obviously completely out of his league. He is now grasping at straws and will waste hundreds of thousands in legal fees to try to defend what he did. I mean it is great for his law school buddies that he is funneling the work to, but is this really a good use of taxpayer funds?

The only way DeSantis wins is by overturning Citizen's United in the Supreme Court. While I would be happy to see that happen, do you really think lawmakers on both sides would be happy about that? The sooner corporate money is taken out of politics the better, but I really doubt that will happen here.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
W.T.F. is all this?
Rational? No, what you have here is the opposite. Rationality walks a line between two sides and takes both into account. You're doing nothing of the such.
It’s actually irrational to view unborn human beings as not human beings.

And having grown men in full drag reading to kids is disgusting and a testament to how unmoored from reality many are given this is even being debated.
---
Truly unhinged tit here. Please stay away from peoples bodies. It's creepy and gross how you and your ilk are so concerned with other people's genitals. Ick.
It’s actually unhinged to promote outwardly grotesque sexual expressions in public. When normal people push back against that degeneracy, it’s normal. It’s fully understandable such mentally deranged people whose sexualities have consumed their very “identities” would have such a psychological pushback to the point they genuinely think normal people are the weirdos.
---
@CapitalistPig Do you have any idea how contract law works? The legilature cannot change the law to nullify an existing contract. That is what is being done here. The contract was entered by two lawful parties in a public forum. I am sorry DeSantis and his cronies were so inept that they did not pay attention to what has happening before they took power, but they were. Despite his impressive background and education this guy is obviously completely out of his league. He is now grasping at straws and will waste hundreds of thousands in legal fees to try to defend what he did. I mean it is great for his law school buddies that he is funneling the work to, but is this really a good use of taxpayer funds?

The only way DeSantis wins is by overturning Citizen's United in the Supreme Court. While I would be happy to see that happen, do you really think lawmakers on both sides would be happy about that? The sooner corporate money is taken out of politics the better, but I really doubt that will happen here.

Uhhh, apparently you’re not privy to the actual events. Did you not watch the April 19 Board of Supervisors meeting? It was public. They have emails of Disney lawyers coordinating the wording where RCID transferred enormous political authority. For starters, RCID cannot delegate authority away to a third party that is then exempt from Florida statute. Second, the agreements involve conflict of interest and self-dealing—Disney contracting with itself power using Disney lawyers to draft the RCID resolutions.

Why do liberals keep going back to Citizens United and constitutional rights?? This isn’t a First Amendment issue. Disney is not entitled to RCID. It’s a legal entity created by the Legislature; they recrafted the charter. Keep on squawking about the Constitution—is Disney property being seized? Are they being censored? No, a special tax and governing district was rechartered by the Legislature. Talk about optics all you want, legally there’s nothing here about the First Amendment and corporations being people. RCID is not Disney. It’s a creature of the Legislature. Why is this impossible to grasp?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
The dehumanization of the unborn is savage barbarism people a century from now will look in horror at how callous and/or passive people today were, much like how today we scratch our heads wondering how slavery was a thing 150 years ago (and still today).
Do you think abortion wasn't happening a century ago?

If the actions against Disney aren't retaliatory, why did Reedy Creek only become a problem 60 years into it's existence when there were zero issues with how it was functioning and why is the legislature not dissolving the other 1500+ special tax districts in Florida like the one SeaWorld is in, or the Villages? Choosing one out of 1500 to make an issue of? Of course that's not targeted at all. /s

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The first recorded evidence of induced abortion is from the Egyptian Ebers Papyrus in 1550 BCE.

• Sick
Do you think abortion wasn't happening a century ago?

If the actions against Disney aren't retaliatory, why did Reedy Creek only become a problem 60 years into it's existence when there were zero issues with how it was functioning and why is the legislature not dissolving the other 1500+ special tax districts in Florida like the one SeaWorld is in, or the Villages? Choosing one out of 1500 to make an issue of? Of course that's not targeted at all. /s
Yep, I’m well aware abortion/infanticide are part of human history. As was every other atrocity you can name. What’s your point? Now we can see it on ultrasound. Maybe pro-abortion folk can educate themselves by reading up on first-hand abortion accounts from the “doctors” who did them and since regret. Instead of hiding behind euphemisms to dull the reality, go read up on the barbarism. Superficial talking points are for weak-minded who insist on debating with cliff notes. They chime in with 1-2 lines and that’s all their depth of thought on the subject. They spend their next 50+ years never venturing any deeper than the regurgitated sound bites they come to love.

Your question regarding retaliatory is completely irrelevant. RCID wasn’t Disney. It was dissolved and rechartered. That’s well within the Legislature’s plenary power. Disney has no right to RCID. Therefore, crying about retaliation is just that: crying. There’s no legal case. Disney is arguing the 11th hour agreements being voided was illegal/retaliatory. Problem is the agreements are null and void. Disney lawyers commandeered the wording. That’s self-dealing. For the genius contract lawyer earlier, maybe he should read up on how self-dealing in contacts aren’t held up in court. RCID using Disney lawyers to draft an agreement to the benefit of Disney exclusively violates the fiduciary duty due to the conflict of interest.
---
The first recorded evidence of induced abortion is from the Egyptian Ebers Papyrus in 1550 BCE.
Yeah, we also had slavery thousands of years before that. Your argument for upholding atrocities is because humans have been doing it so long it’s acceptable?

I’m not sure why liberals make the arguments they do. Ancient Egypt….where infanticide was commonplace, slavery was normal, inbreeding was ritual, not exactly the paragon of virtue, ladies and gentlemen.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Abortion and infanticide are not the same as you well know.

Just glad I live in a country in Europe where women’s reproductive rights are protected
---
Don’t be obtuse, the point is it was always part of life and always will be. The only difference now is without access to proper medical care, women will risk their lives again.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Abortion and infanticide are not the same as you well know.

Just glad I live in a country in Europe where women’s reproductive rights are protected
So wait, do you believe elective abortions at 40 weeks are okay, or are you a hypocrite?

Women’s reproductive rights, you know.

• Sick
Reactions: 1
It’s actually irrational to view unborn human beings as not human beings.

And having grown men in full drag reading to kids is disgusting and a testament to how unmoored from reality many are given this is even being debated.
I'm not here to get into a debate on when a human is considered human, I'll leave to religion vs science vs activists. There are no winners when heartbroken tears will always be shed with any decision that can impact lives in heartbreaking ways.

I'm neither disagreeing or agreeing here. Just listening - You're doubling down on what you said before.

A proper discord would be to recognize the concerns of both sides. Give a nod, and then ask to be heard - demanding your words are the only ones that are right is a power move no one needs.

That said, a tattle thread about a Disney vlogging team is a very strange place to try and assert your dominance in any such topics. Why even bring them up? I'd like to know more about how you think.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
---
Don’t be obtuse, the point is it was always part of life and always will be. The only difference now is without access to proper medical care, women will risk their lives again.
Like…what?!??? What kind of argument is that? Murder and theft are parts of life—so we just shrug and move on and be okay with it?

Extra credit: do you believe in protecting eggs of endangered animals? Or are non-humans more important than unborn human babies? Just curious what type of person I’m talking to. Someone who hasn’t advanced beyond rudimentary talking points so an unborn baby is some mythical mirage, or someone who just flat out thinks unborn babies don’t deserve protection after consciously acknowledging they’re human beings.

• Sick
Really? That’s what you got from my post? I can’t engage with you on this you’re all over the place. Endangered animal eggs v humans?

I would love to have a reasoned discussion about this but you’ve so far called me hypocrite unable to cope with advanced talking points. You’re the one ranting about 40 week abortions.

Its amusing how the words “women’s reproductive rights” have you so triggered

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I'm not here to get into a debate on when a human is considered human, I'll leave to religion vs science vs activists. There are no winners when heartbroken tears will always be shed with any decision that can impact lives in heartbreaking ways.

I'm neither disagreeing or agreeing here. Just listening - You're doubling down on what you said before.

A proper discord would be to recognize the concerns of both sides. Give a nod, and then ask to be heard - demanding your words are the only ones that are right is a power move no one needs.

That said, a tattle thread about a Disney vlogging team is a very strange place to try and assert your dominance in any such topics. Why even bring them up? I'd like to know more about how you think.
OK, first off, the preceding 2 pages is post after post on Desantis/abortion/LGBT, so I LOVE anytime liberals say their piece it’s okay…but whenever a counter argument comes up, they act completely take aback—aghast at why this subject is being brought up. Am I operating in a completely different reality from you??? Because this happens with liberals A LOT. It’s apparent they don’t realize it.

Regarding abortion, look, I don’t need to punt and be passive and shrug and have no opinion because, Gee Willikers, I’m not a theologian or a “scientist,” the most vague default word liberals rest on. It is strange and troubling how liberals worship credentialism—-let the “experts” decide, right? The road to hell is paved with good intentions and a legion of mindless drones outsourcing their opinions to someone with a piece of paper on the wall.

No, abortion is wrong. If you look at eggs from an endangered species with heartburn when someone steals/traffics/destroys them, then I think you need to revisit this passive “I don’t have an opinion on abortion.”

Because if unborn eagle eggs or elephant fetuses tug
At your heartstrings, I think it’s blatantly obvious you have priorities mixed up by being ambivalent towards unborn human babies.
---
Really? That’s what you got from my post? I can’t engage with you on this you’re all over the place. Endangered animal eggs v humans?

I would love to have a reasoned discussion about this but you’ve so far called me hypocrite unable to cope with advanced talking points. You’re the one ranting about 40 week abortions.

Its amusing how the words “women’s reproductive rights” have you so triggered
Ok so you won’t answer the question. Obviously you think more highly of the unborn of an endangered species than unborn humans, so back to your statement you care about women’s reproductive rights.

Do you believe in elective abortion being okay at 40 weeks or are you a hypocrite? Because women’s reproductive rights and all.

But yes, that’s what I got from your post where you said abortions have been going on for a long time and will happen in the future, so it’s a question of how it happens. Oooookaaaaay, is that the approach to any other atrocity? Do we say that with murder? Robbery? Uhhh….

Last edited:
  • Sick
Love how this dude jumps from talking about "superficial talking points" in one breath to "elective abortions at 40 weeks" in the next. This is not only a superficial talking point, but it is also not even a thing! I'm hitting the ignore button and I suggest others do that as well.

Back on topic, I really do hope that Craig has the freedom to post more mid week park updates, I think that will liven the channel up.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.