The DisUnplugged #3 Cruising on Fumes by nightmaresunlimitedtravel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if if I missed it but do we know why Erica was hired? She seems to never have tried anything that they talk about at Disney. My sister, who is vaguely familiar with the older crew, heard me listening to it and asked if Erica was hired because she was related to someone since she didn’t really seem to have any helpful input on anything discussed.
Like many of Petes choices (and Bidens), Erika checks a box. If you are of the LGBTQ etc lifestyle, you jump to the front of the line. I can guarantee Petey would never hire a straight, conservative male.

Erica's only plus for the Dis is her DAS Pass access to get into rides.
So many people abuse this option. We all have problems. Suck it up, buttercup. If you can walk in the heat for miles at a theme park, you can wait in line for their offerings. Leave this option for the people who really need assistance. Pathetic.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
The French onion soup thing keeps coming up because I want to say Panda ordered it on the Wish and it was terrible, then they ordered it again on the Wonder to Alaska.

Jodi is from the DVC show. She's a DVC Resale Market agent. If I remember correctly, he randomly invited her to that dining review on the show.
But they said they ordered it at Steakhouse 71 as well. They also ordered it at Be our Guest once. Such an old school menu item to be obsessed with.

Reactions: 2
Like many of Petes choices (and Bidens), Erika checks a box. If you are of the LGBTQ etc lifestyle, you jump to the front of the line. I can guarantee Petey would never hire a straight, conservative male.

So many people abuse this option. We all have problems. Suck it up, buttercup. If you can walk in the heat for miles at a theme park, you can wait in line for their offerings. Leave this option for the people who really need assistance. Pathetic.
Im glad you’re actually brave enough to say something before you get lectures about invisible disabilities and you have no right to say anything..that’s exactly how the old system got abused too.

Reactions: 5
But they said they ordered it at Steakhouse 71 as well. They also ordered it at Be our Guest once. Such an old school menu item to be obsessed with.
I don't know but Adam the Woo (who I actually enjoy) took his mom on a Disney hotel stay and they ordered it too. It must be THE thing to order. :ROFLMAO:

I don't know but Adam the Woo (who I actually enjoy) took his mom on a Disney hotel stay and they ordered it too. It must be THE thing to order. :ROFLMAO:
My wife and I were at Steakhouse 71 in January and the waitress was hyping the French Onion Soup (We did not partake).

I didn’t even take the chain smoker thing into consideration why would I ever take his opinion and his fucked up pallet seriously?

Reactions: 3
She claims/pretends to have "anxiety" and can't stand in lines like a normal person
Wow, I understand having anxiety as a condition and I'm not questioning it. However, I do question taking a job that has you in the parks every day and filming Tik Tok videos if you have this affliction.

Reactions: 7
Wow, I understand having anxiety as a condition and I'm not questioning it. However, I do question taking a job that has you in the parks every day and filming Tik Tok videos if you have this affliction.
It's like joining the Navy and saying you have to accommodate me because I tend to get seasick on occasion.

Reactions: 9
I haven't seen Ryno in very many videos recently. Wonder if he has one foot out the door.

Erica is an odd one. I understand severe anxiety, I know some people with it, and my understanding of the new DAS pass is it doesn't allow you to wait any less like the old pass. If you walk but to a ride with a 45 minute wait you get to come back in 45 minutes and skip the line. You still wait just as long but you don't stand in line. Do I misunderstand the way it works.

That being said she doesn't really add anything I can tell. The amount of things she hasn't done is astounding. I'm thousands of miles away and have done more in the parks than her and going into the parks isn't part of my job. In every discussion I can predict the "I have never done that" comment before it even forms in her mind.

I don't want to be mean, she sounds like she may have serious issues, but I don't know what she adds to the team let alone the show.

Someone on the boards had mentioned it was weird that Big Pat Panda spent years (decades?) creating that online persona but they don't use it, they call him by his name or just Panda. That seems like pretty bad brand management to me. I picked up on his inability to really disagree with Pete and that loses all credibility to me. Say what you want about Craig, and I do like Craig, he can disagree with Pete without being confrontational which isn't exactly an advanced skill. Knowing how to have a different opinion than your boss and communicate it professionally is something you should learn the first time you ever punch a clock.

Reactions: 8
I'm not one to post much on here but I have to get this thought out of my head... I was a weekly viewer for years but I'm out now (I'm also distancing myself from wdw/Disney content but still listen to the Disney Dish & love it every week).

My biggest Dis gripe is the fact they ask for Patreon support as Pete talks about going on his 35th Disney cruise. And getting the overtly designer shirts & jewelry & flaunting it... That's totally fine, but it kinda gets me he then has Ryno ask for support money. Obviously Pete's money isn't all the Dis money, but it just feels yuck.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I'm not one to post much on here but I have to get this thought out of my head... I was a weekly viewer for years but I'm out now (I'm also distancing myself from wdw/Disney content but still listen to the Disney Dish & love it every week).

My biggest Dis gripe is the fact they ask for Patreon support as Pete talks about going on his 35th Disney cruise. And getting the overtly designer shirts & jewelry & flaunting it... That's totally fine, but it kinda gets me he then has Ryno ask for support money. Obviously Pete's money isn't all the Dis money, but it just feels yuck.
well, you have to admit, he keeps it real whoever supports that channel is giving money towards those ugly gawdy shirts and another luxury crusie for Pete and his for hire (clearance rack) boyfriend.

Reactions: 4
Say what you will about Craig, but I think he is the only reason to watch. He is the only one that will stand up to Pete and give real feedback. I suspect Pete expects/wants Craig to leave after the baby and is ready for Panda to take Craig's place.

Erica "I've never done that"is just not working. She brings literally nothing except a whiny demeanor to the shows. I don't care about her aniexty or her wife yet they are constantly coming up.

Reactions: 15
Say what you will about Craig, but I think he is the only reason to watch. He is the only one that will stand up to Pete and give real feedback. I suspect Pete expects/wants Craig to leave after the baby and is ready for Panda to take Craig's place.

Erica "I've never done that"is just not working. She brings literally nothing except a whiny demeanor to the shows. I don't care about her aniexty or her wife yet they are constantly coming up.
I like Craig but have to disagree with you on Pete wanting Panda to take over for Craig. Right now, he is the star employee going on every trip with him at a drop of a dime. Pete doesn't like being alone, Panda would not be able to go on half the trips if he took over for Craig. Craig does a lot of production and Panda would never be able to do his workload.

Reactions: 3
Craig is my primary reason to continue listening to the podcast and I’d probably stop if he were to leave. Hope they realize how he is their most valuable employee and treat him right.

Reactions: 9

Don't forget her dairy allergy.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.