The DisUnplugged #3 Cruising on Fumes by nightmaresunlimitedtravel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope he doesn’t have your email address he’s likely to send you a passive aggressive email. Also I think he’s delusional as well his twitters says “influencer”. Is ANYONE influenced but what the duck Craig Williams thinks or says? Produce. Film. Edit. You are with your weight in gold there.
Curious on who your idea of a "good" influencer is? I can't stand the fake reactions and enthusiasm most seem to show, but that is just my opinion. I feel like Craig's opinions and reactions are for the most part genuine and I appreciate that.

Again, just my .02 in what I like watching.

Reactions: 10
Curious on who your idea of a "good" influencer is? I can't stand the fake reactions and enthusiasm most seem to show, but that is just my opinion. I feel like Craig's opinions and reactions are for the most part genuine and I appreciate that.

Again, just my .02 in what I like watching.
I like people who are personable, relatable, and bring a sense of personality to what I’m watching. Passion and engagement are what I’m looking for.

On the Disney side:

Molly: from Mammoth Club is excellent you can have done Disney a million times and walk away learning something.

thetimtracker: hate him or love him he supports his own channel by taking you along his family vacation and seems to love what he does.

Paging Mr Morrow: Seems to legitimately enjoy what he does and feels like he takes you along as a friend.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Curious on who your idea of a "good" influencer is?
If I am researching a drug and a doctor or chemist with actual credentials has an opinion that is a good "influencer". That term is really just a fancy way to say marketing shill when we are talking about lifestyle brands like Disney or the latest smoothie mix which is when I see that term used most frequently.

I do like Craig but that show was just odd. Who can't come up with a favorite in-park restaurant withing a few minutes? It isn't life or death if the one you think of in the moment isn't really your favorite upon deeper reflection and introspection. He was asked for a favorite place to eat theme park food, not some deep philosophical question with consequences.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I do like Craig but that show was just odd. Who can't come up with a favorite in-park restaurant withing a few minutes? It isn't life or death if the one you think of in the moment isn't really your favorite upon deeper reflection and introspection. He was asked for a favorite place to eat theme park food, not some deep philosophical question with consequences.
Exactly, it was a pretty easy question that comes up a lot with viewers asking about restaurants for their trips. The moment was extremely awkward and tense when it didn't have to be for that particular situation.

Reactions: 2
Exactly, it was a pretty easy question that comes up a lot with viewers asking about restaurants for their trips. The moment was extremely awkward and tense when it didn't have to be for that particular situation.
Was odd bc he genuinely loves Brown Derby....so, would have been easy to just say, yeah, Brown Derby for me too....that said, he might have been busy doing something that is a constant annoyance that nobody ever seems to wanna address and his frustrations just got to him.

Also, a lot of "new members" to this platform sure are arguing a lot for Craig. Interesting...
I'd say one reason for this is you have 3 eras of The Dis: 1. WDinfo/early Youtube 2. Rise of Youtube 3. Transition/Post Covid.

It seems the majority of people who don't like him are from the first era. I get that, these were contributors from a smaller company that knew each other and already had a rapport.

A lot of people who like Craig came in on the 2nd gen. He was already running the show production wise and a lot of people like snark. His edge was cut by the remaining people from the first gen so it maintained balance.

3rd gen a lot of the long timers are not showing up, people are coming and going, the owner seems less interested, and the younger gen employees are very different from the people who had started with the company between the late '90s and 2010. They're having a hard time establishing what they once had. Snark is not as welcomed when there is a lot of chaos.

I'm in that second gen and honestly Craig, Ryno, and Pete were the main draws for me. I think there are a lot of valid criticisms of Craig but a lot of people arguing for him seem to be saying that as well. Lately he has been a bit of a pill and something is clearly going on behind the scenes.

I don't think it's people coming to shill for him. It's just the 2nd generation viewers that aren't enjoying the 3rd gen/post Covid era. Also, this is one of the nicer threads so they may not be aware how vitriolic these type of sites can get.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Was odd bc he genuinely loves Brown Derby....so, would have been easy to just say, yeah, Brown Derby for me too....that said, he might have been busy doing something that is a constant annoyance that nobody ever seems to wanna address and his frustrations just got to him.
I'd really like to know what the situation was to cause him to freak out like that.

I'd say one reason for this is you have 3 eras of The Dis: 1. WDinfo/early Youtube 2. Rise of Youtube 3. Transition/Post Covid.

It seems the majority of people who don't like him are from the first era. I get that, these were contributors from a smaller company that knew each other and already had a rapport.

A lot of people who like Craig came in on the 2nd gen. He was already running the show production wise and a lot of people like snark. His edge was cut by the remaining people from the first gen so it maintained balance.

3rd gen a lot of the long timers are not showing up, people are coming and going, the owner seems less interested, and the younger gen employees are very different from the people who had started with the company between the late '90s and 2010. They're having a hard time establishing what they once had. Snark is not as welcomed when there is a lot of chaos.

I'm in that second gen and honestly Craig, Ryno, and Pete were the main draws for me. I think there are a lot of valid criticisms of Craig but a lot of people arguing for him seem to be saying that as well. Lately he has been a bit of a pill and something is clearly going on behind the scenes.

I don't think it's people coming to shill for him. It's just the 2nd generation viewers that aren't enjoying the 3rd gen/post Covid era. Also, this is one of the nicer threads so they may not be aware how vitriolic these type of sites can get.
I'm a mix of 1st and 2nd gen but more team Cryno. Absolutely understand and agree with a lot of the criticism of them though. I'm not new to Tattle but new to this thread. It just popped up one day due to all the Sean drama and I was shocked to see a Dis thread on here. I've been using the Disboards for a long time (probably most of my life at this point though I don't actively use them anymore) but didn't watch/listen to the shows until what you describe as 2nd gen. I'm familiar with "Bawb" and all that jazz though.

Reactions: 5
I'm not new to Tattle but new to this thread. It just popped up one day due to all the Sean drama and I was shocked to see a Dis thread on here.
I came over here because of Sean's video and enjoyed his insight to some of the behind-the-scenes stuff, especially the Dining Reviews. To anyone that knows him, how is he doing? Did he receive any backlash personal or legal because he has not posted anything to his YT channel nor his new real estate FB page in a long time.

Reactions: 9
Anxiety Erika brings a sum total of 0 to the show. She also sounds constipated every time she tries to talk.

I like people who are personable, relatable, and bring a sense of personality to what I’m watching. Passion and engagement are what I’m looking for.

On the Disney side:

Molly: from Mammoth Club is excellent you can have done Disney a million times and walk away learning something.

thetimtracker: hate him or love him he supports his own channel by taking you along his family vacation and seems to love what he does.

Paging Mr Morrow: Seems to legitimately enjoy what he does and feels like he takes you along as a friend.
Umm scratch Tim off that list.
Also of course Erika is a terrible hire...Pete is not a businessman. His travel agency is successful based on timing and luck.

Reactions: 8
Pete once told me that he could never afford to lose Craig, that Craig is indispensable to the whole Dis Unplugged. But Pete also doesn't really seem to care as much anymore either. And Panda is also trying to learn all of the producer role.

His travel agency is successful based on timing and luck.
I see this alot and I think I have to disagree with it. Nowadays, the forums and agency seem dated and the podcast is running on fumes. But back when he and John started the Travel Agency and the forums and the podcast, there really wasn't anyone else who was doing it on that scale. Some of that is luck, but some of that is that they had the insight to do things that other people were not doing.

When I found the Dis, about 20 years ago, there was no social media and there was no place like it on the internet. It was the best Disney fan community forums and the best place to get Disney information.

Reactions: 6
Pete once told me that he could never afford to lose Craig, that Craig is indispensable to the whole Dis Unplugged. But Pete also doesn't really seem to care as much anymore either. And Panda is also trying to learn all of the producer role.
If he edited mollys videos that would be a dream team he’s a fabulous editor

Reactions: 7
Anyone watch the Patreon show? It gets real tense between Erika and Craig multiple times. At one point he sound absolutely frustrated with her for telling him to send her a list of recommendations😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Anyone watch the Patreon show? It gets real tense between Erika and Craig multiple times. At one point he sound absolutely frustrated with her for telling him to send her a list of recommendations😂
Craig told her no and that she needs to learn by trial and error on good places in DL and Anaheim!

Reactions: 7
Maybe Pete brought Panda in as backup for if or when Craig decides to jump ship?

Also how is Panda on vacation? His entire career is a vacation.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I see this alot and I think I have to disagree with it. Nowadays, the forums and agency seem dated and the podcast is running on fumes. But back when he and John started the Travel Agency and the forums and the podcast, there really wasn't anyone else who was doing it on that scale. Some of that is luck, but some of that is that they had the insight to do things that other people were not doing.

When I found the Dis, about 20 years ago, there was no social media and there was no place like it on the internet. It was the best Disney fan community forums and the best place to get Disney information.
You just proved their point?

Reactions: 3
Also, a lot of "new members" to this platform sure are arguing a lot for Craig. Interesting...
Pretty new to this platform but not new to the Dis (not associated with them). I was trying to look something about Pete maybe and tattle was one of the recommended sites. I’ve been listening to the Dis since probably 2012 and met the team at two different GKTW fundraising meetups that would be hosted in various states. I like Craig and I like his dry, sarcastic humor. Sue me.

Honestly kind of getting tired of him being annoyed and the excuses that go along with it. Like I get that Pete is a pain but he always has been.... nothing new...unless maybe his sudden love of bizarre designer shirts are setting Craig off...then I can understand. Pete is just getting more and more full of himself...that Disney is changing menus and listening to him? I hope not...he has a child's palate and for how long their channel has been around...they hardly get any views. Deni's channel is new and she already gets almost as many views.

Exactly.
Besides all of those ideas were John's in the beginning. Pete has zero understanding of business. If he did he would know the Corey is not an IT genius, he would not have split up the YouTube channels...which I said all along and now he realizes that too. He would not have made a new site in Spanish and instead just use the current site...duh..... /spanish. He would update his travel site and give instant quotes. I could go on.

Last edited:
Nah. Its more that there is some ability in a person(s) having an idea, seeing that there is no one else out there doing it, and deciding they are going to be the first.

If you want to, you could dismiss almost anything but saying it was "luck" and "timing".

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.