The DisUnplugged #3 Cruising on Fumes by nightmaresunlimitedtravel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone know - Does the YouTube algorithm benefit splitting a channel (WDW News Today has split its channels) so that instead of having 200,000 subscribers you have two channels with 100,000. For Pete to split the inputs must have a had a financial angle as that's all he thinks about.
Pretty sure WDWNT split because the parks news shows get like 50k views and the other shows get like 1 or 2k views.

The other shows were causing the news show to lose subscribers/not grow because they’re so different from it and that’s their bread and butter.

Not sure The DIS suffers from the same thing. Most of its shows (except MTO) are Disney related and similar in style.

Must suck working for the dis and making way less than the vloggers out on their own.... The dis videos get similar views to the Kyle pallos, jojos of the world and they have to split the revenue multiple ways..

then again most of the dis team doesn't have the same motivation to be entrepreneurial
This is definitely a major part of why Molly left AllEars. I mean she carried that channel, and it translated well into her own. AE's current videos and current vloggers are not great. But, I don't know that Craig, Ryno etc could carry their own channel the way Molly does. As a combined unit, the DIS does well because of the brand Pete built, there are many followers from the boards that are now on YouTube, but I don't think organically any of them could hold their own channel like Molly does.

Reactions: 3
Lol. You cared enough about a dumb YouTube show to bother emailing them to complain in the first place. I seriously don’t know why you keep hating on Craig all the time. There are worse people on the team than him. Plus it is almost certainly not Craig replying to you. As you mentioned, he is about to have a kid and (1) probably has more to worry about than an internet troll and (2) wouldn’t risk his job by interacting with one on a board that mocks his employer. No
Oh burn you got me! I say a handful of mild criticism to Craig on a website that is devoted to talking tit and that garners this white knight response from a chick. Holy shut ginger defense force assemble!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
The studio is in Pete's house and the team has said before that makes getting guests inside tough because its letting them in his home so they only have the same people to pull in over and over. Also I think you forgot off the rails but your strange obsession with Craig continues so carry on.
Maybe it is time to get an actual professional studio instead of doing it out of his house?

Reactions: 4
No show this week and Pete did not show up for the last 2 shows. Looks like the other channels are kind of dead as well.
One has to wonder if they are giving up on the whole thing

No show this week and Pete did not show up for the last 2 shows. Looks like the other channels are kind of dead as well.
the whole channel has been a huge disappointment all year. I agree with you maybe they should just shut it down

Reactions: 5
It is so disappointing to see a shell of a channel/show of what it used to be. Sometimes old shows pop up in suggestions circa 2018-2019, they were so much more fun and energetic with the team and Pete in and outside the studio.

Reactions: 9
Pete is probably sick and since they continue the stupid decision to do the show from his house there is no show at all. This week has a lot of news too.

Reactions: 6
Is it baby time for Craig? I'm genuinely excited for him & Kylie & that they get to be parents after going through so much.
I think it’s this week or next judging from one of his convos with Ryno on one of the shows about seeing Black Panther 2. I’m genuinely happy for them as well, infertility bleeping sucks.

it’s possible they’re prerecording a bunch of stuff?

Reactions: 5
I honestly think the shoes before video were the best. I miss the original crew when Bob was still around. They seemed to still have a passion for Disney at that point.

Reactions: 1
Is it baby time for Craig? I'm genuinely excited for him & Kylie & that they get to be parents after going through so much.
I'm happy for them too. They seem like a lovely couple(I said it before, Craig seems like a whole different person when he's with Kylie), they waited a long time and went through a lot for this much wanted baby.

Reactions: 10
Pete is probably sick and since they continue the stupid decision to do the show from his house there is no show at all. This week has a lot of news too.
Sick for 3 weeks straight? And they usually mention if he is.
Honestly, they need to have another place to have the studio so the rest of the team can keep it going. Last week show was really good without him anyways

it was mentioned on one of the fb groups that the hurricane last month and the hurricane warning this month put them really behind schedule. They weren’t able to get enough people in studio to bulk record the shows like they usually do.

It is so disappointing to see a shell of a channel/show of what it used to be. Sometimes old shows pop up in suggestions circa 2018-2019, they were so much more fun and energetic with the team and Pete in and outside the studio.
2013-2015 was the golden era

Pete didnt look well the last time I saw him on camera. ale and compass review

Yikes! And also, oh, my eyes! Did anyone else see Pete's boyfriend's picture on Instagram? He thanked everyone for the birthday wishes.

2013-2015 was the golden era
I would agree but seeing how recent they still seemed to be into Disney and working together/having fun makes it so much worse. I know Covid was a rough period for them, especially a Travel Agency, however they seemed to not recover the passion that was there just a short time ago.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.