The DisUnplugged #3 Cruising on Fumes by nightmaresunlimitedtravel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Craig told her no and that she needs to learn by trial and error on good places in DL and Anaheim!
@Cinnamon1 That is absolutely correct. šŸ˜‰ I wonder, however, if he would have responded to anyone else that way?šŸ¤” For example, to someone in the chat or to a Patreon member?šŸ¤” Notwithstanding, he is free to say and do what he wants, but it did appear to be quite snarky in front of the viewers. Yes @dizfan1124 it was quite tense and it did not need to be.šŸ˜‰šŸ«¢ Just my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
@Cinnamon1 That is absolutely correct. šŸ˜‰ I wonder, however, if he would have responded to anyone else that way?šŸ¤” For example, to someone in the chat or to a Patreon member?šŸ¤” Notwithstanding, he is free to say and do what he wants, but it did appear to be quite snarky in front of the viewers. Yes @dizfan1124 it was quite tense and it did not need to be.šŸ˜‰šŸ«¢ Just my opinion.
There is no way Craig would have given a straight no to giving recommendations to Cathy/Jackie/Deni when she was there. For anyone that did not listen or get the Patreon show, Craig gave a tip for visitors to DL. He said to make sure you venture out into Anaheim during your trip because there are a lot of cool spots to visit. Erika asked for a list and Craig gave a stern no, you need to do it yourself.

Reactions: 4
Pretty new to this platform but not new to the Dis (not associated with them). I was trying to look something about Pete maybe and tattle was one of the recommended sites. Iā€™ve been listening to the Dis since probably 2012 and met the team at two different GKTW fundraising meetups that would be hosted in various states. I like Craig and I like his dry, sarcastic humor. Sue me.
Good for you. Just find it interesting that we know he reads here and following a peak period of anti-Craig discussion, suddenly several new members appear in defense of him. For the record, I don't dislike the guy. Just pointing out a shift in discussion is all.

Good for you. Just find it interesting that we know he reads here and following a peak period of anti-Craig discussion, suddenly several new members appear in defense of him. For the record, I don't dislike the guy. Just pointing out a shift in discussion is all.
I feel like it isnā€™t that new. Before the shake up with Seanā€™s kind of Q+A here, there has always been a bit of back and forth about Craig, Ryno too. I donā€™t think itā€™s like heā€™s sending his friends to defend him or anything.

I want to see a lineup of all Peteā€™s recent designer shirt offerings. Itā€™s so outrageously gay Jersey uncle. Also, if people from the Dis are reading here, can you please all dress as Pete for Halloween??

Reactions: 2
I feel like it isnā€™t that new. Before the shake up with Seanā€™s kind of Q+A here, there has always been a bit of back and forth about Craig, Ryno too. I donā€™t think itā€™s like heā€™s sending his friends to defend him or anything.

I want to see a lineup of all Peteā€™s recent designer shirt offerings. Itā€™s so outrageously gay Jersey uncle. Also, if people from the Dis are reading here, can you please all dress as Pete for Halloween??
Interesting to see that Deni's channel already has more than double Ryno's subscribers. That's got to sting....

• Wow
Interesting to see that Deni's channel already has more than double Ryno's subscribers. That's got to sting....
Ryno usually posts about pretty niche stuff through. And he usually stops whatever project heā€™s into less than 1/2 way through it.

• Wow
  • Haha
Honestly, I loved the snark! Maybe, just like us, Craig has had enough with this person who knows nothing about Disney. Iā€™m sure most of us here have done more at Disney World than ErikašŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø
Also, her bringing up her obsession with Taylor Swift, thinking that was a suitable discussion for the show is insane.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I appreciate that she does have dairy allergies for that perspective but even her reviews on those items are just meh a lot of the time. Just her lack of insight into anything is weird to me. She doesnā€™t have a niche really, she doesnā€™t have a purpose on the team. Her ā€œI havenā€™t done this or thatā€ seems to be fishing for Pete to pay for her to do stuff.

Did anyone catch the part in Tuesday's weekly vlog where Pete got pissy because Craig kept up a picture too long (in Pete's opinion) and wanted the camera on him talking? What an asshole. Can't imagine what he does off camera.
Long-standing pet peeve of Pete's. He used to get Fiasco all the time for that, he just got Panda on the recent DVC show and I guess it was Craig's turn.

Anyone watch the Patreon show? It gets real tense between Erika and Craig multiple times. At one point he sound absolutely frustrated with her for telling him to send her a list of recommendationsšŸ˜‚
Kind of makes me want to subscribe just to see it. šŸ˜‚

QUOTE="wtc50e, post: 12395125, member: 273119"]
Does anyone here like her and if so why?
[/QUOTE]

I actually like her. Sheā€™s new, young and Iā€™m willing to give her a chance. I think she needs to continue to work on where she fits in on the podcast and bring more to the table. Apparently, her family has been DVC members since the 90s. Thatā€™s interesting and should mean she has a lot of experience at the resorts and parks. Bring that experience to the DVC show.

She must write the breaking news articles because sheā€™s chimed in a few times on the news of the day, new restaurants opening, entertainment coming back, etc.

I actually think she contributes more than Ryno in his current mental state. He seems to just complain about everything, doesnā€™t contribute much content to the channels anymore and his COVID fears are just irrational.

He seemed better on the cruise shows. I really hope heā€™s getting help and gets better.

I do have one question. What happened to the park coverage? They go days without posting anything to The DIS YouTube channel and itā€™s always just short clips.

Last edited:
Iā€™m only watching now because of Pete making a fool of himself. The dining review today at Tianas his young pup was wearing a wide diamond bracelet. I thought it was great that Craig ordered a huge steak on one cruise both Craig and Ryno threw down the menu on two separate dining reviews. Telling Erika was a way of her stop riding on their coat tails! Panda on vacation after starting a new job something is up! Pete could lose them all!

Ryno has a channel? What's it called?
Screenshot_20221028-210228-853.png

Nevermind I found his channel and a 30 something year old man reviewing Goosebump books isn't the business.

Last edited:
  • Haha
[/QUOTE]

I actually like her. Sheā€™s new, young and Iā€™m willing to give her a chance. I think she needs to continue to work on where she fits in on the podcast and bring more to the table. Apparently, her family has been DVC members since the 90s. Thatā€™s interesting and should mean she has a lot of experience at the resorts and parks. Bring that experience to the DVC show.

Obviously, they never brought her along when they used their points.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The DIS is over. If they think they can keep a channel about Disneyworld going, when they donā€™t go to Disneyworld they are delusional. They may still get views on cruise and DVC, but the core audience was/is all about the parks. I know I quit watching when Pete quit going.

Reactions: 9
The DIS is over. If they think they can keep a channel about Disneyworld going, when they donā€™t go to Disneyworld they are delusional. They may still get views on cruise and DVC, but the core audience was/is all about the parks. I know I quit watching when Pete quit going.
This is what started the downturn of the show. Kevin and John stopped going to the parks. Pete doesn't go to the parks. Ryno can't deal with the parks anymore. Craig, still goes to the parks, but is now openly miserable about it. Deni's no longer there.

This is a show/forums/website built around going to the parks at Disney World and no one on the team goes to the parks.

Remember when they would do the live shows on Tuesday and a segment would be to go one of the team actually in the park for a report on what was going on that day. The technology never really worked that great. But how did you go from that to where we are now, where no one even goes to the parks they are supposed to be discussing.

Reactions: 15
I appreciate that she does have dairy allergies for that perspective but even her reviews on those items are just meh a lot of the time. Just her lack of insight into anything is weird to me. She doesnā€™t have a niche really, she doesnā€™t have a purpose on the team. Her ā€œI havenā€™t done this or thatā€ seems to be fishing for Pete to pay for her to do stuff.
That thought have struck me too, about her constantly trying to fish getting invited to food reviews and hotels stays. Obviously Pete is not paying enough for her to afford anything in the parks.

Long-standing pet peeve of Pete's. He used to get Fiasco all the time for that, he just got Panda on the recent DVC show and I guess it was Craig's turn.

Kind of makes me want to subscribe just to see it. šŸ˜‚

QUOTE="wtc50e, post: 12395125, member: 273119"]
Does anyone here like her and if so why?

She must write the breaking news articles because sheā€™s chimed in a few times on the news of the day, new restaurants opening, entertainment coming back, etc.

I actually think she contributes more than Ryno in his current mental state. He seems to just complain about everything, doesnā€™t contribute much content to the channels anymore and his COVID fears are just irrational.

He seemed better on the cruise shows. I really hope heā€™s getting help and gets better.

I do have one question. What happened to the park coverage? They go days without posting anything to The DIS YouTube channel and itā€™s always just short clips.
[/QUOTE]
Agree, Erika seems to be the only one going to the parks! I definitely miss the actual park coverage and nobody from the old teams seems to like going anymore.

So since there seems to be many insiders here, anyone have the real scoop on Deni leaving for GKTW, but then starting her own channel?

I like Craig and hope he leaves, then I will probably stop watching completely except to see Pete do a scathing review of some place because I get a kick out of those. šŸ˜…

• Haha
This is what started the downturn of the show. Kevin and John stopped going to the parks. Pete doesn't go to the parks. Ryno can't deal with the parks anymore. Craig, still goes to the parks, but is now openly miserable about it. Deni's no longer there.

This is a show/forums/website built around going to the parks at Disney World and no one on the team goes to the parks.

Remember when they would do the live shows on Tuesday and a segment would be to go one of the team actually in the park for a report on what was going on that day. The technology never really worked that great. But how did you go from that to where we are now, where no one even goes to the parks they are supposed to be discussing.
@Ghost of Bob Varley indeed! They used to send Steve Porter to the parks and his reporting was quite interesting, as he was also in the College Program. Even though Steve was not great on the dining reviews (he always ate Mac & Cheese), I appreciated the park content.

So since there seems to be many insiders here, anyone have the real scoop on Deni leaving for GKTW, but then starting her own channel?

I like Craig and hope he leaves, then I will probably stop watching completely except to see Pete do a scathing review of some place because I get a kick out of those. šŸ˜…
@Southpaw33 me too!šŸ˜‰ I second that emotion! That is the only reason I tolerate that show! If Peteā€™s not there to give a scathing review, I do not tune in! šŸ˜œ I never catch the live shows and fast forward later.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7

yeah I am getting more and more confused why Deni Just couldnā€™t still freelance for the dis and appear on shows, and ALSO work at GKTW (especially since theyā€™re supposedly such a closer partner to the dis & Pete) at the same time. Why did it need to be such a formal exit? She clearly has the time to do video content still and it seems like it would be nothing but a bonus to the dis ā€¦

Reactions: 6
So I just had a thought & wonder how true it holds for Disney YT channels (maybe not streamers as much), but with the way Disney is doing price increases, add ons in the park, etc., while not doing much to add value at all to the visitors experience (esp looking at you, WDW), is there a decrease in Disney content views across the board?

I've been turned off by the parks pretty much since my last visit in May of this year & just looked up a quote for 2 adults, 4 midweek nights at an All Star & a 2 day, 1 park ticket for March (not peak spring break). Over $1300. So clearly I'm not going to be looking for WDW content to view about a trip I don't want to even try to afford (can stretch that $$ more elsewhere to vacay).

What say you guys? What do you think/see views doing & how it shapes things for creators?

yeah I am getting more and more confused why Deni Just couldnā€™t still freelance for the dis and appear on shows, and ALSO work at GKTW (especially since theyā€™re supposedly such a closer partner to the dis & Pete) at the same time. Why did it need to be such a formal exit? She clearly has the time to do video content still and it seems like it would be nothing but a bonus to the dis ā€¦
IMHO, I would guess the GKTW is more stable &... Not run on whims like some places seem to be. Or she may have been 'called' to the job... Or maybe she realized she would get so burnt out on the parks & just wanted to more 'magical' side of working with families/for the village.

And the pomp & circumstance may have been because everyone loved her so much, you know, gotta let folks know it wasn't bad blood.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.