The DIS Unplugged #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Truth! I think the bigger question was, why did they get married in the first place? By the time same sex marriage was legal, they'd been together for a while. Walter must have known who he was. If I recall correctly, they lived in separate houses, even after they got married.
I don't know enough Pete Werner history to know why they married in the first place. I'll bet someone could come along soon with that info though.

Reactions: 1
Surely there has to be to a criminal case given Dustin's latest revelations on how he was drugged and raped by Werner. Is there a statute of limitations regarding rape charges in Hawaii?

Reactions: 4
too late now sorry
It's been changed. Next time make sure you choose the thread title with the most votes, not the one you want. Or better yet, let someone else who knows how the forum works and understands the forum rules post the new thread title.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
You did the same thing last thread. I think someone else should make them going forward outside of what thread titles you seem to prefer
Exactly - why are there even guidelines on choosing new titles and why do we vote on the most popular ones when people just arbitrarily choose what thread title they want.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Reactions: 14
Exactly - why are there even guidelines on choosing new titles and why do we vote on the most popular ones when people just arbitrarily choose what thread title they want
Agreed. Thanks for getting it changed. It was the right thing to do.
Now, onward with the discussion.

Reactions: 10
I'm not sure why they divorced but it seems like someone said Walter had a regular job and Pete wanted him to quit and be available to always travel with him. Maybe this was a contributing factor?

Reactions: 2
Exactly - why are there even guidelines on choosing new titles and why do we vote on the most popular ones when people just arbitrarily choose what thread title they want
Procedure is that someone should sort the posts by “most liked” and then title the thread with the suggestion that has the most likes. Also then lock the old thread. You can also wait until it hits really close to 1000 or even little more.
That’s tattles rules, I’m just repeating them.

Reactions: 5
I'm not sure why they divorced but it seems like someone said Walter had a regular job and Pete wanted him to quit and be available to always travel with him. Maybe this was a contributing factor?
It would be amazing to hear from Walter.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Interesting thread from 2015. People commenting on the random disappearances and being told where to stick their concern.

• Angry
  • Wow
Walter worked in the prison system. I’m not sure in what capacity. Pete wanted Walter to quit and work with him. Walter was on the show a lot when they were together, but he really wasn’t a Disney guy. He didn’t hate it, but he wasn’t as into it as you should be to do a disney podcast. He did end up leaving his job but just wasn’t happy and went back to the prison. I would guess all of that was at least a factor in the divorce.
---
Yes, that too. Walter had a normal amount of vacation time and Pete made it his job to vacation, so that didn’t work for him.

Did anyone else catch the video of Ryno from his channel? I tried watching him for the first 10 mins or so and all he did was say vague things or rambling before I had to turn it off.

• Haha
I believe this is correct, Pete mentioned that you need to have a spouse that loves Disney as much as you do if you work in the industry. He was a Social Worker in the Prison System, at least I think I heard that.

Still trying to figure out how he is connected to The DIS... He shared his original thoughts like he had first hand experience with Pete or the team.
Not sure who he is but a friend who is a big Disneyland person is following him on twitter - and she follows very few people.. I'll ask her.

Reactions: 1
In #7 PoorKid said:

I'd refresh EVERYTHING. Tours, reviews, park visits, logos, music. Nothing that had a whiff of Pete (ugh) about it would remain. I'd even be tempted to change the name of the channel slightly. Take the rest of the summer off and start re-covering the basics for trip planners while you're also auditioning new on-camera staff.
---------------------------------------------------------------

They could rename the channel to "DIS UnThugged"

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Did anyone else catch the video of Ryno from his channel? I tried watching him for the first 10 mins or so and all he did was say vague things or rambling before I had to turn it off.
Yes, he essentially said an essay would be much easier and had different plans for the live but it just wasn’t coming out like he planned.

Reactions: 3
Totally, but he also just randomly disappeared from the show so I'm guessing it was an acrimonious divorce, although Teresa is still around so I don't know.
I’ve always wondered how he kept Teresa in the divorce. They always seemed to be on good terms.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
There’s been a request on the “other” site to update the wiki with the revelations from yesterday. That is out of my wheelhouse.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.