The Dis Unplugged #2 What a Fiasco!!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you for sharing your story and I am sorry that you got ill! πŸ˜” I have been on 2 DCL Dream cruises within the past year and did not test positive for COVID. I believe now that there is no more testing before embarkation, people are embarking with COVID. I felt safer before, but now, there is a greater risk of testing positive.
Thank you. We were one of the last required testing cruises so who knows at this point? I honestly think it is just a crap shoot from here on. Hopefully having it will boost my antibodies, along with the new booster I got a couple of weeks before the cruise. It was not fun for a few days there but I am still going on another DCL cruise next month, December & possibly
in January.
I am here at one of the WDW resorts and the amount of coughing and hacking is everywhere.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Thank you. We were one of the last required testing cruises so who knows at this point? I honestly think it is just a crap shoot from here on. Hopefully having it will boost my antibodies, along with the new booster I got a couple of weeks before the cruise. It was not fun for a few days there but I am still going on another DCL cruise next month, December & possibly
in January.
I am here at one of the WDW resorts and the amount of coughing and hacking is everywhere.
Wow! Please stay as safe as you can!πŸ˜‰ I truly felt safer when they would test everyone and no one boarded with COVID. Ah the good ole days!πŸ₯³πŸŽ‰πŸ˜‚ I’m going on the DCL Wish in February 2022 for FOMO!😜 I would like to see it during its Inaugural sailing year, but will take all the precautions I took during all of my cruises. Boy, I can only imagine all of the coughing and hacking around you at WDW! Whoa!πŸ˜œπŸ˜‰

So Pete felt safer when everybody was taking a Covid test, however, has no problem chain smoking and stuffing his face?

Reactions: 6
So Pete felt safer when everybody was taking a Covid test, however, has no problem chain smoking and stuffing his face?
Its unbelievable how brain washed some people are. Pete said outright he knows the vaccine doesn't prevent transmission or contraction but still feels safer knowing everyone is vaccinated. Ridiculous

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Pete shared his suite with Panda, Federico and his alleged bf Geno. That sounds interesting. Has he revealed why his nails are painted yet or did I miss that?

Reactions: 4
Pete shared his suite with Panda, Federico and his alleged bf Geno. That sounds interesting. Has he revealed why his nails are painted yet or did I miss that?
He said he goes to his mom's Manicurist. He explained that he always bit his nails and he stopped a few months ago, so since they grow he has them done now.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Its unbelievable how brain washed some people are. Pete said outright he knows the vaccine doesn't prevent transmission or contraction but still feels safer knowing everyone is vaccinated. Ridiculous
It prevents transmission....not 100% but it does prevent it. Being vaxxed lessens your chances of getting COVID - what that % is depends on a lot of factors (and it probably not an amazingly high number), so, while I get your point, being in a room of all vaxxed people makes your likelihood of getting COVID lower.

The no more testing to get on the ship is the bigger issue IMO though. Seems you would wanna try to keep any COVID off the ship prior to sailing.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
He said he goes to his mom's Manicurist. He explained that he always bit his nails and he stopped a few months ago, so since they grow he has them done now.
It's too bad that his mom's manicurist ran out of clear polish.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
It prevents transmission....not 100% but it does prevent it. Being vaxxed lessens your chances of getting COVID - what that % is depends on a lot of factors (and it probably not an amazingly high number), so, while I get your point, being in a room of all vaxxed people makes your likelihood of getting COVID lower.

The no more testing to get on the ship is the bigger issue IMO though. Seems you would wanna try to keep any COVID off the ship prior to sailing.
I dont think thats true at all about transmission. I've had it twice and both times it was from a vaxxed person. But yes being vaxxed may lessen your chance of contracting it and def lessens the severity, but in my opinion, not enough to mandate it. I also had the flu in between and can you guess what was worse? Personally I could not care less about covid anymore and think we should stop with anything to do with it and move on. Just my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I dont think thats true at all about transmission. I've had it twice and both times it was from a vaxxed person. But yes being vaxxed may lessen your chance of contracting it and def lessens the severity, but in my opinion, not enough to mandate it. I also had the flu in between and can you guess what was worse? Personally I could not care less about covid anymore and think we should stop with anything to do with it and move on. Just my opinion.
I just meant the law of averages....if everyone in a room is vaxxed...the odds of any of them having it is lower than if it was a mixed group...and therefore transmission rates would be lesser that way...thats all. And the difference might be very small percentage wise...but that would be a sound argument, whereas, I just like it better but it doesnt matter (Pete's argument) was silly.

But Im glad we could have 4 posts on this and not end up in a wild screaming match...haha

Reactions: 7
I just meant the law of averages....if everyone in a room is vaxxed...the odds of any of them having it is lower than if it was a mixed group...and therefore transmission rates would be lesser that way...thats all. And the difference might be very small percentage wise...but that would be a sound argument, whereas, I just like it better but it doesnt matter (Pete's argument) was silly.

But Im glad we could have 4 posts on this and not end up in a wild screaming match...haha
Exactly. I'm sick of people on these threads having Jafar's point of view and being called a MAGA Republican.

Reactions: 5
Just finished listening to the latest podcast episode. Anyone else notice that the new girl Erica repeats everything, everyone else has already said? Almost verbatim. She repeated Pete at least twice just in this episode. The girl has zero original thoughts and opinions of her own. Just really bizarre.

Reactions: 8
Just finished listening to the latest podcast episode. Anyone else notice that the new girl Erica repeats everything, everyone else has already said? Almost verbatim. She repeated Pete at least twice just in this episode. The girl has zero original thoughts and opinions of her own. Just really bizarre.
Everytime she said something it was like crickets in the room. Nothing. Pete would just move on to the next thought or topic. She brings 0 to the group. An empty chair would bring more to the discussion.

The auction is officially closed.
Pete probably made Geno or some other boy toy bid on him while Pete footed the bill.
Screenshot_20221002-140749-386.png
Screenshot_20221002-140818-379.png

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Everytime she said something it was like crickets in the room. Nothing. Pete would just move on to the next thought or topic. She brings 0 to the group. An empty chair would bring more to the discussion.

The auction is officially closed.
Pete probably made Geno or some other boy toy bid on him while Pete footed the bill.
View attachment 1621565View attachment 1621566
3K for dinner with that lunatic?! Like I said Dis event attendees are some of the saddest and strangest people I've ever met. Like Dahmer level.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Random question: is it really possible to request a specific server in the specialty dinning restaurants on DCL? I keep hearing Pete talking about the amazing service he had in various specialty dinning restaurants and how everyone should go request the same server. Is that even possible?

Reactions: 1
Random question: is it really possible to request a specific server in the specialty dinning restaurants on DCL? I keep hearing Pete talking about the amazing service he had in various specialty dinning restaurants and how everyone should go request the same server. Is that even possible?
Your serving team does follow you throughout the cruise in the main dining nightly, and you can try and request server(s) before the cruise or once you board. We have never done it but have run into many people who have.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.