The Dis Unplugged #2 What a Fiasco!!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was thinking the same thing when I watched it (even came here Sunday to see if anyone else was talking about it). On the podcast today he seemed really off and made comments about how he was tired that gets attacked it if he is too positive or too negative. If he was referring to that video he should be aware that it wasn't the problem in this one. It was less negativity and seemed more like hostility/resentment at having to make it. He probably should not have posted it. I say that as someone who enjoys his content. I felt bad for him. He should also be given the ability to make that call if a video just doesn't work.

The comment thing, Demi is the only person it could be. The group that seems to hate him most is the "Disney is for families" group. He used to have "Magic Killer" in his display name on Twitter because one of them called him that in a video comment for not reviewing something positively supposedly due to not having kids. To that group Demi was the family reviewer so her leaving must have been due to the person they hate. If people have that point of view that's fine but they really like to go after him. IMHO her, Craig, and Ryno made a good team and seemed to get along pretty well.
He definitely should have not posted that video. I mean it was just horrible.

Reactions: 4
Yeah Kevin & John being back really pointed out what the show is missing, Kevin is bitter but funny, John is genuinely knowledgeable, funny, and is somehow able to masterfully handle some sour ass personality traits

the Aulani convo got awkward with Julie basically saying don’t go to Hawaii haha.

Reactions: 11
He definitely should have not posted that video. I mean it was just horrible.
And Craig's "defense" in the comments was, "What? You want us to be actors?" No. But if anyone was watching the Epcot 40th video, there's a really good chance that they're an Epcot fan who wishes they were there for the celebration. What we were given was a whiny, entitled, disconnected man complaining about the entire day. If he's that upset about his job, which many people would trade him places for, he needs to just leave.

Reactions: 7
Craig is not an on air personality he’s a behind the camera guy I’m not sure why he insists on being in front of the camera he brings no personality at least now people are voicing it

Reactions: 5
Craig is not an on air personality he’s a behind the camera guy I’m not sure why he insists on being in front of the camera he brings no personality at least now people are voicing it
I really don't think he is insisting on being in front of the camera. There's no one else in that crew that can or is willing to do it and Pete has lost control and interest.

Reactions: 8
I really don't think he is insisting on being in front of the camera. There's no one else in that crew that can or is willing to do it and Pete has lost control and interest.
Yeah Im easier on DIS and AllEars crew because must of them are employees and not grifters.

Reactions: 2
Yeah Kevin & John being back really pointed out what the show is missing, Kevin is bitter but funny, John is genuinely knowledgeable, funny, and is somehow able to masterfully handle some sour ass personality traits

the Aulani convo got awkward with Julie basically saying don’t go to Hawaii haha.
John’s voice is so soothing, too. This worrisome reminded me more of the old Dis that I watched to prep for our trip back in March 2020.

So many things were so much better before March 2020😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
John’s voice is so soothing, too. This worrisome reminded me more of the old Dis that I watched to prep for our trip back in March 2020.

So many things were so much better before March 2020😂
It’s why I loved the Dreams show so much, especially John & Kevin’s travelogues. It gave the warmth like they invited me to their home for a cup of coffee and to hear about their travels.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
And Craig's "defense" in the comments was, "What? You want us to be actors?" No. But if anyone was watching the Epcot 40th video, there's a really good chance that they're an Epcot fan who wishes they were there for the celebration. What we were given was a whiny, entitled, disconnected man complaining about the entire day. If he's that upset about his job, which many people would trade him places for, he needs to just leave.
I didn't see that. I would reply that no they don't need to be actors but need to develop their professional persona. Everyone at every job has days where they resent having to do it. Developing the ability to phone it in is a key survival skill. He doesn't have to be at his best, just meet the very basics of his job without looking like he wants someone dead. I will also say I don't know what happened to him and if it was something bad then I get it but no video would have been better than that. Special events are important videos but I wouldn't hold it against the channel for missing one, they have bigger fish to fry when it comes to the overall state of the channel.

Reactions: 1
stay off camera then produce a highlight reel for the 40th or do an overview.

Reactions: 3
I didn't see that. I would reply that no they don't need to be actors but need to develop their professional persona. Everyone at every job has days where they resent having to do it. Developing the ability to phone it in is a key survival skill. He doesn't have to be at his best, just meet the very basics of his job without looking like he wants someone dead. I will also say I don't know what happened to him and if it was something bad then I get it but no video would have been better than that. Special events are important videos but I wouldn't hold it against the channel for missing one, they have bigger fish to fry when it comes to the overall state of the channel.
They’re never ever putting themselves in the place of the vacationer. I get it, they have a perspective as locals, but the videos aren’t for locals on the whole. Craig’s rant about Cava and that you can go so many places and get a better margarita. Ok, fine. But I’m not leaving Epcot to go to a Mexican restaurant 30 minutes away, so tell me something useful instead.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I’m sure Craig is a very lovely person however, he does not belong as a on air personality giving people vacation advice that come to the happiest place on earth. He’s a miserable duck face he’s fantastic producing editing and constructing content, not on camera purposes.

@Jafar do you think Craig would ever leave?

Reactions: 3
Oh dang I didn’t know there was a dis thread here! Anyone know what happened with Katrina and Tyler? I really liked them!

I’ve noticed people don’t seem to like Erika much.

Last edited:
DIS Unplugged # 3 - Should we even bother?
Trying to start a new thread but can't figure it out. Two new titles that stuck out for me are The DisUnplugged #3: Did I Mention I’m in Concierge? by slimcourage901 or The DisUnplugged #3: Cruising on Fumes by nightmaresunlimitedtravel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.