The Dis Unplugged #2 What a Fiasco!!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anybody else watch Craig's depression-fest Epcot 40th anniversary video? I usually like Craig, and I'm sure he didn't want to be there, but this video was terrible. And who are these people talking about in these comments? Deni?
I was thinking the same thing when I watched it (even came here Sunday to see if anyone else was talking about it). On the podcast today he seemed really off and made comments about how he was tired that gets attacked it if he is too positive or too negative. If he was referring to that video he should be aware that it wasn't the problem in this one. It was less negativity and seemed more like hostility/resentment at having to make it. He probably should not have posted it. I say that as someone who enjoys his content. I felt bad for him. He should also be given the ability to make that call if a video just doesn't work.

The comment thing, Demi is the only person it could be. The group that seems to hate him most is the "Disney is for families" group. He used to have "Magic Killer" in his display name on Twitter because one of them called him that in a video comment for not reviewing something positively supposedly due to not having kids. To that group Demi was the family reviewer so her leaving must have been due to the person they hate. If people have that point of view that's fine but they really like to go after him. IMHO her, Craig, and Ryno made a good team and seemed to get along pretty well.

Reactions: 7
I was thinking the same thing when I watched it (even came here Sunday to see if anyone else was talking about it). On the podcast today he seemed really off and made comments about how he was tired that gets attacked it if he is too positive or too negative. If he was referring to that video he should be aware that it wasn't the problem in this one. It was less negativity and seemed more like hostility/resentment at having to make it. He probably should not have posted it. I say that as someone who enjoys his content. I felt bad for him. He should also be given the ability to make that call if a video just doesn't work.

The comment thing, Demi is the only person it could be. The group that seems to hate him most is the "Disney is for families" group. He used to have "Magic Killer" in his display name on Twitter because one of them called him that in a video comment for not reviewing something positively supposedly due to not having kids. To that group Demi was the family reviewer so her leaving must have been due to the person they hate. If people have that point of view that's fine but they really like to go after him. IMHO her, Craig, and Ryno made a good team and seemed to get along pretty well.
Imagine if it was Jackie who ran off Deni because Jackie originally was the "Disney is for Families" reviewer of the Dis.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Imagine if it was Jackie who ran off Deni because Jackie originally was the "Disney is for Families" reviewer of the Dis.
TBH, I'd forgot about her when I wrote that. You are right, I think Demi sticks out more for the on screen time. Even though I do miss seeing Jackie on screen.

If we were to feed into this, she did seem to stop doing the on screen stuff around the time Demi quit. Was is it something other than distance?

Don't take me too serious on this. It's more a What If?

Did anybody else watch Craig's depression-fest Epcot 40th anniversary video? I usually like Craig, and I'm sure he didn't want to be there, but this video was terrible. And who are these people talking about in these comments? Deni?
Just watched it and something was way off with him. He obviously didn't want anything to do with EPCOT that day. Kept forgetting things he said he was going to do. He even admitted that he was walking around aimlessly.

Reactions: 4
Just watched it and something was way off with him. He obviously didn't want anything to do with EPCOT that day. Kept forgetting things he said he was going to do. He even admitted that he was walking around aimlessly.
I hate to speculate, but this was literally right after Ian, a storm that did a number on Florida.

Perhaps between any potential storm impacts on top of a pregnant wife was just taking a toll on him?

Reactions: 9
I hate to speculate, but this was literally right after Ian, a storm that did a number on Florida.

Perhaps between any potential storm impacts on top of a pregnant wife was just taking a toll on him?
I would say it is the impending birth of their child, getting prepared and everything. Also, I think so much more work fell on to he and Ryno. With Deni and Fiasco leaving, whom actually did a lot more content than the people that replaced them Erika and Panda, it is too much at this point.

To add something positive :) - just watching the latest tuesday show and I love seeing the older crew together again. I feel like John and Kevin being present really changes the energy in the room for the better. I know people think Julie brings little to the table but I enjoy her personality and that she‘s so lively; she seems fun to hang out with. Can‘t say that about Erica unfortunately.

Reactions: 12
To add something positive :) - just watching the latest tuesday show and I love seeing the older crew together again. I feel like John and Kevin being present really changes the energy in the room for the better. I know people think Julie brings little to the table but I enjoy her personality and that she‘s so lively; she seems fun to hang out with. Can‘t say that about Erica unfortunately.
I would take Julie on the show over the ventriloquist puppet any day. Which really isn’t a compliment I guess, I’d take paint drying.

Reactions: 5
I agree. This was the best show in quite a while. Panda, Erica and Ryno (for me) were not missed as all.

Reactions: 2
Maybe I’m odd but I don’t desire a relationship with my serving team. I would prefer they mix it up and not assign a team. I would guess that some people ( I’m thinking of Pete) feel special with this personalized service.
It actually is quite nice having the same team throughout the cruise. Last time I went was pre-Covid when they sat you with other people if you had a small party. One person liked to see the menu for the next day in advance due to dietary restrictions and she only had to ask the one night. Another girl was from the UK and said that she could never get a proper Shirley Temple made there so she gets them all the time when in the States so the waiter always had one waiting for her. They would ask about our plans for the next day and then ask how it went later. Things like that.

Not pretending to be Pete or anything but I did give some extra tip because I had gotten to know them. More than I would have for just a single meal. (Plus it is easier for them overall tipping it seems to just have one time tip placed on the bill than multiple throughout the cruise.)

With the way Kevin treated Deni on the podcast that one time, I don't know how she stayed there after that. She's a better person than me because I would have quit on the spot.
Was Kevin the one who made a big deal saying that Deni never eats?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
It actually is quite nice having the same team throughout the cruise. Last time I went was pre-Covid when they sat you with other people if you had a small party. One person liked to see the menu for the next day in advance due to dietary restrictions and she only had to ask the one night. Another girl was from the UK and said that she could never get a proper Shirley Temple made there so she gets them all the time when in the States so the waiter always had one waiting for her. They would ask about our plans for the next day and then ask how it went later. Things like that.

Not pretending to be Pete or anything but I did give some extra tip because I had gotten to know them. More than I would have for just a single meal. (Plus it is easier for them overall tipping it seems to just have one time tip placed on the bill than multiple throughout the cruise.)

Was Kevin the one who made a big deal saying that Deni never eats?
I believe this episode that they are referring to was the time where Deni explained the struggles of traveling as a family to WDW.

I agree that its a win-win for Disney. I think the service is better this way, so its a win for the customer. I also think people do tip better when they have had the same service team for the whole crew, so its better for the employees as well.

I believe this episode that they are referring to was the time where Deni explained the struggles of traveling as a family to WDW.
Yes, I remember that episode. Paraphrasing here, Deni was saying something along the lines of “if you don’t have kids then you can’t fully understand the challenges of traveling to WDW as a family” during a discussion about families. Kevin interjected and, rather condescendingly, said “I’m a travel agent who has talked to clients with families so actually yes I do get it.” Deni just let it go (I think Pete might have moved the conversation along to diffuse tension but I don’t remember exactly) but the look on her face was telling. One of the rare moments she wasn’t her usual positive optimistic self.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Yes, I remember that episode. Paraphrasing here, Deni was saying something along the lines of “if you don’t have kids then you can’t fully understand the challenges of traveling to WDW as a family” during a discussion about families. Kevin interjected and, rather condescendingly, said “I’m a travel agent who has talked to clients with families so actually yes I do get it.” Deni just let it go (I think Pete might have moved the conversation along to diffuse tension but I don’t remember exactly) but the look on her face was telling. One of the rare moments she wasn’t her usual positive optimistic self.
I like Kevin, but the problem with him making that statement is that if someone was trying to say that they could understand what its like to have to drive around Disney World on a Scooter for a whole vacation, Kevin would be the person to say "Unless you've actually had to drive around disney on a scooter, you have no idea what its like"

Reactions: 15
I like Kevin, but the problem with him making that statement is that if someone was trying to say that they could understand what its like to have to drive around Disney World on a Scooter for a whole vacation, Kevin would be the person to say "Unless you've actually had to drive around disney on a scooter, you have no idea what its like"
OMG, I can hear his voice from your quote! LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Truth. When his parents were living, they used wheelchairs. He and John took them to Disney often and there were always complaints about accessibility.

No, it was Teresa and it was awkward af.
Yes, that’s right. She just kept going on and on about how Deni is so skinny and doesn’t eat. Deni obviously didn’t like it. It made me feel so uncomfortable and I only listen to the podcast. I’m sure it was worse on camera.

• Sad
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.