The Dis Unplugged #2 What a Fiasco!!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t usually watch Disneyland content so I missed it! What did he say?!

I feel like Ryno will be the next once announcing his exit.
I don't think Ryno can leave even if he wanted to, I don't think he can function in too many jobs with all his fear and anxiety. Although working as a theme park correspondent/vlogger, or whatever his title is, isn't exactly the best fit for his insecurities either

Reactions: 4
I don't think Ryno can leave even if he wanted to, I don't think he can function in too many jobs with all his fear and anxiety. Although working as a theme park correspondent/vlogger, or whatever his title is, isn't exactly the best fit for his insecurities either
Possibly, I feel like a lot of the anxiety is trumped up by being in an employment situation that isn’t a good fit. Lack of security in a sense, I guess?

I miss the days when the group seemed to enjoy each others company!

Reactions: 5
Possibly, I feel like a lot of the anxiety is trumped up by being in an employment situation that isn’t a good fit. Lack of security in a sense, I guess?

I miss the days when the group seemed to enjoy each others company!
I don't think it is any coincidence that John stepping back from the channel coincided with the apparent drop in morale. I'm petty sure John isn't part owner of anything "DIS" outside of Dreams but I get the impression he was the "good cop" to Pete and could talk sense to him and/or man-manage the staff even if it was in an unofficial capacity.

Reactions: 9
I don't think it is any coincidence that John stepping back from the channel coincided with the apparent drop in morale. I'm petty sure John isn't part owner of anything "DIS" outside of Dreams but I get the impression he was the "good cop" to Pete and could talk sense to him and/or man-manage the staff even if it was in an unofficial capacity.
I couldn't agree more! I think the dynamic of John being in the fold adds to cohesiveness to the group. John and Kevin have some rental properties outside the Dis, but that's about it. I remember the first show in studio after all the online ones and John/Kevin were there and it felt complete with everyone there. There was a certain joy with the group, sadly they haven't been there forever.

Reactions: 4
One thousand percent, I think you’re absolutely correct. He kept Pete’s ego in check…so Pete would seem like a funny, cranky queen. But not a totally out of touch narcissist.

Reactions: 7
Why do you think John and Kevin gave up on it?
Have they for sure? They bought another home in Cape May, NJ. I figured they were just spending a lot of the summer there. They said on todays show that they’re on a cruise.

Reactions: 2
Pete & Panda are on a cruise too so get ready for the glowing reviews and bragging about the upgrades he purchased when he gets back. It's just like rinse & repeat at this point with the shows

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Why do you think John and Kevin gave up on it?
Kevin said a few years ago that he didnt wish to be on the podcast much longer. That him and John wanted to semi retire. So maybe they have. They are of that age.

Craig doesn't really bother me as host, I think sometimes it's more he doesn't know he's doing it and is forced to put one on ad hoc. I think Pete (when he's on his game) is better and Craig can be awkward but I don't think he's bad. I guess the problem is you either like him or you don't.

The weird thing I will say about the reimbursement is at this point Craig should have a company card. He has surely proven his reliability. Give him a limit and have him submit receipts. I don't get what's hard about that. Reimbursements should be for occasional things not your actual job function expenses.

Also, it's becoming very obvious they are reading this forum because they keep referencing specific items (Craig said "I'm rambling") they should stop and take some time to regroup.

Reactions: 14
Craig doesn't really bother me as host, I think sometimes it's more he doesn't know he's doing it and is forced to put one on ad hoc. I think Pete (when he's on his game) is better and Craig can be awkward but I don't think he's bad. I guess the problem is you either like him or you don't.

The weird thing I will say about the reimbursement is at this point Craig should have a company card. He has surely proven his reliability. Give him a limit and have him submit receipts. I don't get what's hard about that. Reimbursements should be for occasional things not your actual job function expenses.
I don't mind Craig and agree that he is thrown in at the last minute of hosting duties very often. The workers that go into the parks absolutely should have a company credit card and have a specific parameter what they could spend per month. There should be no asking for reimbursement, a company policy should be in place and not built on how someone feels/mood that day about what they spent.

Reactions: 12
The workers that go into the parks absolutely should have a company credit card and have a specific parameter what they could spend per month. There should be no asking for reimbursement, a company policy should be in place and not built on how someone feels/mood that day about what they spent.
I would be curious how it works with other sites like WDWNT. They purchase tons of food and merchandise and there's no way the hosts are paying for it with their own personal cards and getting reimbursed.

Someone mentioned Molly above. I've never really be a fan of hers on All Ears. However, she's killing it on her Mammoth channel. There's a nice variety of short and long-form content and her tips are pretty good. I'm slowly starting to come around.

Reactions: 3
Yep. I also think that John, in general, is one of the few people that Pete views as an equal and its clear in how they interact with each other.

Like WDWUO83 said, John helped keep Pete in check and made him come across much better. The show was at its peak when John was doing the news and was a major part of every show. When he reduced his role (and maybe to a lesser extent when Corey Martin reduced his role), Pete became surrounded by people that he views as employees of his and that are below him when it comes to opinions etc.

Reactions: 9
Craig better read the room and see Molly is taking the lion share of the Disney vlogger community she is personable and interactive. Craig and Ryno try to have the Pete im better than you attitude but have no weight behind it (well maybe Ryno does…). Sitting around a table having inside jokes and not giving off the feeling of approachable is not sustainable without Pete.

Also I do miss the old team BESIDES Julie Martin, just annoying and brings absolutely nothing to the table.

I think she is an unhinged nut but I really don't care who celebrities pose for pictures with. It is a non-story.

Something said above about Pete hiring staff with the palates of a 12 year old really is true. Between his smoker's palate and the lack of any diversity in taste by his staff I'm not sure why they even do the restaurant reviews.

Bring back John and Kevin for reviews, it has been a long time but I recall them ordering a variety of items and not just trying the most vanilla option at every place.
I agree but I don't think John and Kevin are connoisseurs either. Clearly their diet is not high end. I think simply the time has come and gone for the restaurant reviews.

Reactions: 2
I agree but I don't think John and Kevin are connoisseurs either. Clearly their diet is not high end. I think simply the time has come and gone for the restaurant reviews.
Food reviews are just NOT in the wheelhouse of many Disney creators. The Magic Dads do a great job, but they’re the only ones I can think of. Nothing wrong with having a picky eater at the table, but you need other adventurous tastes as well. Not just Pete ordering steak every time.

Oh, if you want the WORST dining reviews ever (not Disney), watch Yankee in the South. They’ll eat a cheeseburger and say “it’s got a lot of flavor. You can taste the cheese, and the burger,” and call that a review 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Yes, I no longer feel like it’s a table of equals chatting and gossiping.

When Pete is there, it’s the King and his servants vibe. He preens and brags and domainates the conversation and the others are not on equal footing so if they disagree they have to tip top around him and not offend him.

He does not come off well. In a table of equals he was very entertaining as John was a ying to his yang and he didn’t seem as egotistical and bitchy. Sadly John and Kevin’s latest appearances have mostly been to brag about cruising, 5 star hotels and first class flights before flogging some insanely priced ABD trip.

Reactions: 14
Yep. I also think that John, in general, is one of the few people that Pete views as an equal and its clear in how they interact with each other.

Like WDWUO83 said, John helped keep Pete in check and made him come across much better. The show was at its peak when John was doing the news and was a major part of every show. When he reduced his role (and maybe to a lesser extent when Corey Martin reduced his role), Pete became surrounded by people that he views as employees of his and that are below him when it comes to opinions etc.
I like when John is part of the panel, but I have to say the news segments always felt pointless and uncomfortable to me. With social media, most of us have already read the news anyway and none of them are great at presenting the news anyway. Just reading off a page or screen, complete with mispronunciations and dirty looks if there was a typo. It got old.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.