Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DISbored

Chatty Member
Short story: a few years ago my sister was visiting and I had the video version of the podcast playing on the TV.

She says, “oh my god! I worked with that guy at LMA on my College Program.”

She was referring to Ryno.

She says, “he was definitely a weird guy.”

I asked her if it was anything in particular that made him weird and she replied, “it was over a decade ago at this point and we were all pretty strange, but I remember we all thought he was a weird guy…and not in a good way.”

Didn’t think much of it at the time. Makes sense now.
Anyone who believes they must bring social justice warrior politics into a Disney trip planning show clearly has personal issues. We understand and don't need further reminders about how Peter Pans Flight is problematic when you stood by and promoted the travel agency of a predator / toxic human.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

MichaelsAchilles

That "studio" with its white walls, thumbtacked posters, and cheap blinds demonstrates how little passion they have for the channel.
It is because it isn't "their" channel. No one in that room has any vested interest in seeing the channel be a success. They are basically commerical spokespersons for Dreams Unlimited Travel. They clock in and clock out and get done in they time they are on the clock. If it doesn't get done, it will wait. It seems John has made it clear they are his employees and ultimately do not have final say over anything that goes on there.

If you read between the lines of Corey's posts, he seems defeated and has accepted it. Craig's posts are similar.

countesslu

I would love a 'tell all' but I think he has a very close friendship with Corey and wouldn't want to do that to him; I think he says he owes John and Kevin but I'm sure there are some feelings there w/ regards to Pete.
He did make a point to say Rory would not be here without them so I suspect they either upped their medical coverage or helped out in some way with their IVF, or maybe it was just the insurance benefit in general, but he seemed very grateful for that.

• Heart

DISbored

Chatty Member
Ranting and complaining about a an hour workweek and troublesome neighbors is all it takes to make someone more relatable? Ryno appears to come off as a pretentious social justice hypocrite. The issue with being overly concerned about everyone else's culture and easily offended is that you end up neglecting self-care and feeling isolated. Perhaps the significant move in his life is leaving his partner, not just switching jobs where he seems to contribute very little, if anything.

• Heart

exdisfan

Pete forced me to go to couples therapy with him at one point. The therapist asked to speak to me privately (after a long time of Pete protesting me speaking to him alone) and gave me a pamphlet about narcissism and I said, yes I’m aware, we’re not even a couple, I am essentially here at gunpoint. Then Pete got back in the room later and the guy told Pete to please stop talking so I could speak (since Pete answered any question directed at me before I had the chance) and when the guy asked Pete to stop doing that, Pete fired him.

Then when I was trying to buy his half of MTO, he sent me a letter ‘from his attorney’ but the information on it said that Pete Werner was selling to Sean Faulk but that couldn’t have been possible because Peter Werner LLC was selling to Sean Faulk LLC and any attorney would’ve realized that when they did due diligence, so I was suspicious that Pete was acting as his own attorney even then. So none of this would shock me if he ended up not having representation. He said weekly ‘I was an attorney in a past life’ - to which I eventually started responding ‘well you’re a high school drop out in this life’ which just started another fight (as it should lol) but eventually you just get sick of hearing it all the time. So, Pete absolutely could end up being his own representation, it wouldn’t shock me.
Sean, “You’re a high school dropout in this life” is one of the funniest and sickest burns I’ve heard in awhile 😂

PoorKid

VIP Member
How is this show any different from any of the other shows they had when Pete was not around and someone else filled in as host?

I thought Corey and Craig said "big changes" were coming and they could not wait to show everyone how much they have been held back?

We are now 6+ months past the reboot and rebrand. This show is what it has always been and I guess that is fine, but sometimes change is a good thing.
They put those posters up!

• Haha

ProfessorFate

VIP Member
I mean, we can't expect them to mingle with the regular folk. Ew. And by stateroom, I'm sure they mean suite.
I'd pay for that suite if it meant we could watch Kevin drive that scooter out on to the sand and actually go in the (gasp) water. Do you think Corey is along to hold Kevin's parasol? The lamenting about no cabana, greasy sunblock, the hot sun, and sand everywhere would be pure entertainment. Getting the scooter stuck would be a cherry on top of his Neapolitan sunburn.

• Haha

Rufuscat

Ha! How dare you question Lou Mongello!! He's one of the OG's of this whole thing! He would be on the Mount Rushmore of Professional Disney Fans, right next to Pete and Lou Testa.

Seriously though, I totally get why he drives a bunch of Professional Disney Fansites and Disney Fans nuts. But he figured out his "Disney Lane" and has just been driving steadily in it for 20 years now.

He's had some "misses" over the years because he oddly seems to bet wrong on technology alot. He has no Youtube following because he was doing Facebook lives as his main video shows for way too long.

But I think he has a very niche audience who supports him. He's got a small patreon, he's got a business deal with a Travel Agency, he's got some sort of motivational speech business. Plus unlike most of the people in the "professional Disney fan business", I think he had a little bit of money before he started doing this.
It's good to know that Lou is popular on other platforms & has other income streams, I was always very fond of him & his content way back. He pioneered live video broadcasts from the Park ages ago, long before park wifi was a thing. I just checked out his Facebook content and it is quite impressive - in May he's doing a 'WDW Radio On The Road' in London. I wonder when the Dis Uncensored crew will make their next trip across the Pond?
---
Corey "President of the Dis" Martin falling in line to John Magi once again.

He has been in such a creative roll with Pete gone. :rolleyes:
Wow, Corey really got prickly on that thread. As an example: " Maybe you need to reread the guidelines before you continue to openly question the moderation and my decision to delete the thread. You’ve amassed 23 warnings." Jesus, it's like being at school and being told off by the Principal.

Last edited:

PoorKid

VIP Member
Listened to this weeks dud…sit around and bullshit, minimal planning minimal effort, beating the same joke to death over and over again, job is to cover Disney and don’t know names or locations of places in Grand Floridian …people don’t like Coreless and company but they at least put in an effort and plan…dis can rebrand again and rename the show “3 assholes talking”
We could never be friends, but if it's solid Disney World info I need, I'd be starting with Corliss. The Dis would be on my list of resources right after a homeless guy who talks to invisible people.

• Haha

erikaelvis

I honestly get the feeling that John and Kevin think that Pete didn't really do anything wrong. I think they both have their own skeletons and they haven't spoken out about Pete because they don't care. They really don't think he did anything bad.

Rufuscat

I mean, devil's advocate, if you weren't nice to Pete you were in deep shit. You kissed ass or you suffered.

I'm watching the live now and he admits he knows he's an asshole and comes off as a such sometimes so at least he can acknowledge that. I do hope he actually seeks help because it sounds like it'll be really beneficial for him. You can't complain about your situation and not do anything to work on it if you have that power. I know seeking help is hard though, even if you know you need it.
I agree. It's not just hostages that develop Stockholm Syndrome, employees too. He was in the 'unfortunate' position that Pete didn't seem to treat him as harshly as JeniLynn, Dustin or Sean so he stayed put. Maybe out of some sense of responsibility for Craig and not wanting to abandon him to a toxic boss? They do seem like good friends. Plus if you are depressed that carries a whole lot of inertia with it.

Reactions: 11

The Mando

Case in point: Universal has never been on my wife’s radar short of a date night we had at CityWalk. Once Nintendo entered the equation, watch out.
I completely agree. Universal is never big on my list of places to go, but I’m so glad Nintendo is coming (and How to train your dragon) because (hot take) I think universal outpaces Disney on theming. So I’m excited to see what Universal does with these. I would even be pretty excited for them to move Halloween Horror Nights to this park.
If they design that park to better fit HHN and have that event in mind with the construction, it would be great and pair well with the Dark Universe area too. I think Disney killed it with Pandora and Toy Story to a lesser degree but Universal really ups the theming game imo.

bten1989

VIP Member
You guys custom desks are hard to move into a new studio space. Just bear with them they'll be in the new studio sometime around Q4 of 2024! What comes first? Ryno's essay or the new studio? Trick question, the answer is neither!

1707847266733.png

• Haha

Cocobean9

VIP Member
I have no idea what the DisUnlimited is doing, I’m still on this thread to see if Pete ever pops out from hiding and what becomes of DUT and the AMEX case. IMHO Pete’s ego will bring him back to social media at some point and I wouldn’t be surprised if John sells DUT and rides off with Kevin onto continuous ABD trips

• Haha